Roosh V Forum
Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? (/thread-13982.html)

Pages: 1 2

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - UgSlayer - 06-28-2012

I have the opportunity to apply to a fellowship program in Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months. I'm not sure which city, as the program does the placement.
Part of me wants Poland because it's established that the girls are hot, feminine and easy.
Part of me wants to go to Bulgaria because it's less overrun by tourists and I want to open up the landscape for my fellow man.
Which country would you pick and why?

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Deb Auchery - 06-28-2012

I would say Poland. I was not impressed by Bulgaria at all, Sofia is a dump IMO.

Poland has friendlier girls, nicer architecture, better nightlife etc.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Rurik - 06-28-2012

I'm curious as well. For shear poontang poundage potential, which one is best? As a place where you can simply bang as many 6s and 7s, with as little game as possible, primarily speaking english?

Poland

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - BalkanCynic - 06-28-2012

Which city are you considering? Bulgaria has more feminine women, but is harder to crack: less heavy drinking, strange nightlife and cultural barriers. The expats I knew who did good had some of the best game I've ever witnessed or took the time to build deep social circles.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Greek kamaki - 06-28-2012

Bulgaria is more conservative definetely.Nightlife structure also does not help(tables in clubs etc).Generally the Balkans are a good region if you come from Balkans otherwise it is quite a tricky place.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Sourcecode - 06-28-2012

Go to bulgaria.
We don't have as much info on that place

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - muc - 06-28-2012

I've had the opportunity to visit both countries, and I have had LTRs with girls from both countries, as well.

I'd say Bulgaria has hotter summers and colder winters than Poland. The country is much smaller as well, and the girls will be all of a southern complexion, all dark hair and dark eyes. The black sea coast and beaches are probably nicer than the baltic coast in Poland. Bulgaria is also probably a little bit cheaper than Poland. The languages are probably both equally difficult to learn. (But do it anyway!)

Polish cities are prettier and there's some nice landscapes (but in Bulgaria I only visited Sofia, so I don't know for sure), the country is more western than Bulgaria (there seems to be more Russian influence there).

Girls are cool, smart and feminine in both countries, although I'd suspect that Bulgarian girls are more passionate than Polish girls, in both good and bad ways. (f.ex. having sex or having a fight)

Also: Bulgaria is closer to Romania, and I love Romania. [Image: smile.gif]

But if you're inexperienced in Europe I'd vote for Poland. It's just easier going I think. More opportunities. More stuff going on. A happier place.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - AlphaTravel - 06-28-2012

I haven't visited Poland yet but Bulgaria is my least favourite country in the world. I couldn't find anything to like about it, the cities are dumps, the beaches are run down, the people are rip off merchants and unfriendly, the food is shit etc etc etc.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - kolovrat - 06-28-2012

Bulgaria

Poland is trodden territory.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Brian - 06-28-2012

Quote: (06-28-2012 02:43 PM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

I haven't visited Poland yet but Bulgaria is my least favourite country in the world. I couldn't find anything to like about it, the cities are dumps, the beaches are run down, the people are rip off merchants and unfriendly, the food is shit etc etc etc.

i actually found none of this to be true. and i was there 3 separate times for a total of about 6 weeks.

I have to agree with what alpha says at least partially because I haven't been to the beaches.

Found the people try and rip you off at every opportunity. There is not one good thing I can say about Sofia apart from there's a cool mountain in the background.

The people I found to be cold and creepy in general, but I think they are better once you get to know them.

I was staying in a hostel in Plovdiv one time and got food poisoning from a restaraunt. The girl that worked there went to the chemist for me at 2am and called.the doctor. Was really nice.

By the way, i was staying at hikerz hostel. The shower room has a peep hole that the staff made. Although I didnt get laid there, I spent a couple of days looking at some.hot young girls scrubbing their beavers.

Keep it to yourself guys [Image: wink.gif]

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - muc - 06-29-2012

Quote: (06-28-2012 07:57 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

By the way, i was staying at hikerz hostel. The shower room has a peep hole that the staff made. Although I didnt get laid there, I spent a couple of days looking at some.hot young girls scrubbing their beavers.

Hehehe.. nice.

About unfriendliness: Bulgarians told me that the beaches are prime rip-off spots so maybe that is why some of you had bad experiences. All in all I consider the Bulgarians friendly, albeit more rough and edgy than the Polish.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Deb Auchery - 06-29-2012

Quote: (06-29-2012 03:07 PM)muc Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2012 07:57 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Hehehe.. nice.

About unfriendliness: Bulgarians told me that the beaches are prime rip-off spots so maybe that is why some of you had bad experiences. All in all I consider the Bulgarians friendly, albeit more rough and edgy than the Polish.

Yes this is true.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - AlphaTravel - 06-29-2012

Bulgarians made me angry. I've been all over the world and I've never met people so unfriendly, dishonest and unhelpful before, literally not willing to engage at all or help with simple tasks like giving directions or advice. People working in stores would ignore us even though we wanted to spend money, every single shop, bar and restaurant would over charge us on the menu price or short change us. In Sunny Beach I remember trying to buy something from a corner store and the guy pulled the usual "no change" trick and tried to keep the change I was due, I had enough of that shit. I said "OK no problem" and walked around the store looking for the most expensive thing I could find which was sunblock. I picked it up and said "I'll take this instead then" (about 10x more than I was due) and suddenly he had change. Shit like that was common and whenever they pulled that trick I looked for the most expensive thing in the shop to take instead, they'd have the nerve to try and argue with me over it even though it was them trying to con me. It was a few years ago now so maybe it's better but I wouldn't be in any hurry to go back.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Brian - 06-29-2012

maybe its a beach thing - the people in Sofia, w/the exception of a few cab drivers, were decent people, and pretty much everyone under 40 or so was open and friendly.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - The Duke - 06-29-2012

I've been to both. People in Sofia were nice enough to me, but I'd say Polish people are more friendly.

Overall Bulgaria is a good place. The girls have a nice distinctive look. Good food. Their culture is interesting. Nice vibe. However I prefer Poland. Poland has better nightlife, girls are more blond and easier, people are more friendly.

If you are concerned about tourists, go to a place in Poland with less tourists. Wroclaw is an awesome city but yeah it has lots of tourists.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - UgSlayer - 06-30-2012

I've spoken to an advisor decided on Poland. Thanks for your help guys. The program places all of the accepted applicants, so I don't choose where I go. I do know that I'll be set up in either Warsaw or a university town, though so I'm not too worried. My advisor told me I have a pretty good chance of being selected. Will give the forum an update as to whether I got chosen for the position or not and which city I'm placed in. Wish me luck and expect a killer datasheet and an update on post-eurocup poland.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - AlphaTravel - 06-30-2012

Quote:Quote:

maybe its a beach thing - the people in Sofia, w/the exception of a few cab drivers, were decent people, and pretty much everyone under 40 or so was open and friendly.

As I said I've been to Sofia too and other places. It was all over Bulgaria that I witnessed this.

Quote:Quote:

Overall Bulgaria is a good place. The girls have a nice distinctive look. Good food. Their culture is interesting. Nice vibe.

We must have went to a different Bulgaria. I thought the food was the worst in the world and the vibe was nasty.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - Deb Auchery - 06-30-2012

I have to say I did like the Shashlik there, I love my meat

Although when in Plovdiv I made the mistake of ordering something off the menu, Cordon Bleu, was violently sick.

Bulgaria or Poland for 10 months? - chochemonger1 - 06-30-2012

Quote: (06-29-2012 09:22 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

I've been to both. People in Sofia were nice enough to me, but I'd say Polish people are more friendly.

Overall Bulgaria is a good place. The girls have a nice distinctive look. Good food. Their culture is interesting. Nice vibe. However I prefer Poland. Poland has better nightlife, girls are more blond and easier, people are more friendly.

If you are concerned about tourists, go to a place in Poland with less tourists. Wroclaw is an awesome city but yeah it has lots of tourists.

Duke, which viable, good decent sized city in Poland doesn't have many tourists? I am going there soon, and it seemed like the best choice was between Wroclaw and Poznan. But now with this info about Wroclaw, it seems like Poznan or Lodz are the only decent sized cities in Poland, with few tourists. The last few years, wherever I've traveled, i usually have tried to go to 2nd tier cities, with the fewest tourists as possible. That strategy has paid off for me and the ROI has been higher.

I would imagine the cities in the East, industrial shitholes with no tourist appeal

Quote: (06-30-2012 09:19 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I would imagine the cities in the East, industrial shitholes with no tourist appeal

Yes Deb, going farther east could be an option for Poland. Only question is whether the English language level in these cities and friendliness, will be lower than in the more western cities of Poland.
Anybody been to Lublin? which is in the easternmost region of Poland.
This is what Wikipedia has to say about it:
"The Lublin region had the lowest per capita GDP in the European Union until Bulgaria and Romania joined in 2007 (it was 32% of EU average in 2002). It is a part of eastern Poland, which has benefited less from the economic transformation after 1989 than other regions of Poland located closer to Western Europe. While the standard of living in the city of Lublin is considerably higher than in the surrounding countryside, the city's relatively poor economic performance is tied to the poverty of its surrounding region".
"Lublin is regional center of IT companies. Thanks to near 100 000 university students each year, and 5 universities in Lublin which teach computer science Masters of Arts".
Sounds like it has potential, since it is a poor city and has many universities, which usually is a good combination for a foreign pussy chaser, in terms of DHV and bang opportunities, especially after Euro Cup 2012. The only problem is that it has a population of only 350,000.

Again. according to Wikipedia:
"Lublin is not only the biggest city in eastern Poland, but an important culture core city also. Since accession of Poland into the EU, Lublin has been called "Gate to the East." Since then, many important international events have taken place here, involving Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Russian and Belorussian artists, researchers and politicians. Lublin connects the West with the East. Even frescos at the Holy Trinity Chapel in Lublin are a mixture of Catholic motifs with eastern Russian-Byzantine styles"
This city is starting to sound very interesting.
Maybe, something of a Polish-Ukranian mix.

I agree, sounds good, very similar demographics to Lvov.

With regard to English speakers It must be better than in Lvov for instance and I get by fine there