Roosh V Forum
Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? (/thread-12653.html)

Pages: 1 2

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - BTman - 05-02-2012

Wondering what you guys think about these articles. I have always had the feeling that people that are extremely homophobic are trying to over compensate. These studies show that there might be some truth to it. People like Ted Haggard, Bob Allen and the dad from American Beauty come to mind.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/...tudy-video

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinio...1&src=recg

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Icarus - 05-02-2012

Homophobia stems from the fact that most people find homosexual sex (between two males) repulsive. Just like most people find pedophilia, incest, or eating horse-meat repulsive. It is a reflex, and one cannot reason with reflexes.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Kitsune - 05-02-2012

PC nonsense and shame culture, mostly.

Homophobics can't dislike gay people because they're different.. it has to be repressed feelings.
Men can't dislike career women because they're manly... they have to be scared of success.
Men can't dislike older women because they're less attractive ...they're obviously pedophiles.
People can't say Sharia Law is a bit extreme... they have to be racists.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - BortimusPrime - 05-02-2012

I think there's some truth to it. Figure a normal heterosexual guy, while finding gay sex revolting, will still not have enough interest in the subject to dwell on it or give a rat's ass what other people do to each others' butts. I can see two instances where that wouldn't be the case however:

1. Guys who are just naturally kind of effete. Slight build, maybe a high-pitched voice, something that gives them a complex about being perceived as unmanly, causing them to aggressively assert their heterosexuality. Go to the gym and look at all the 5'4" bodybuilders for some examples.

2. Gay religious/conservative men who have rejected their sinful butt-munching desires in order to worship a half-naked guy on a stick. Once again, they're afraid of being seen as gay, so they have to aggressively assert their (phony) heterosexuality. Watch the Bill Maher movie Religulous for a prime example.

Now, I don't think that every single conservative christian is a closet case, but the typical anti-gay Christian doesn't really go out of his way to froth at the mouth over the issue.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Roosh - 05-02-2012

"Homophobia" is a liberal invention to shame straight men into embracing the gay lifestyle. Full-time homophobia like what you see with some conservatives is most likely a form of self-loathing, but casual homophobia is simply not having respect for men who submit so easily to other men.

Do you hold weak men in high regard? Probably not. Well, gay men are the definition of weak.

It's interesting how our culture is pushing gay propaganda into giving them rights to fuck each other in the butt at will, but call heterosexual men creeps and perverts if they try to get their normal sexual needs met.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Scarlet_Terror - 05-02-2012

As someone who's pretty anti-leftist, I don't get all the gay-hate I see in the PUA community. I agree the media has a double standard, but that's not the gay's fault. Plus, gay men are far more interesting than your average straight white guy.

Quote: (05-02-2012 09:58 AM)Scarlet_Terror Wrote:  

As someone who's pretty anti-leftist, I don't get all the gay-hate I see in the PUA community. I agree the media has a double standard, but that's not the gay's fault. Plus, gay men are far more interesting than your average straight white guy.

Ayup, plus watching gay guys with women is a good way for newbs to see how the cocky teasing stuff works. Frankly lesbians bug me more. The (rare) hot ones seem like a perfectly good waste of a vagina, and the butch ones offend my sense of aesthetics.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - PDX - 05-02-2012

Never understood how sexpats/pua's/players/whatever could knock gay guys for also having the balls to live unconventionally in a society that disapproves of them. But, whatevs.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - speakeasy - 05-02-2012

I have no problem with gay men. For those who live in locales with shitty ratios, they actually do you a favor by taking excess cock off the market and lowering competition for pussy. You should be thanking them. Since many gay guys have high incomes, tend to be stylish and tend to their looks, if they were straight they would be serious competition. That is if they are the Ricky Martin type of gay, rather than the Perez Hilton type. So let them have each other, just leaves more girls for us.

That said, thank goodness I don't have to actually see what they do to each other in bed.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Samseau - 05-02-2012

Quote:Quote:

It's interesting how our culture is pushing gay propaganda into giving them rights to fuck each other in the butt at will, but call heterosexual men creeps and perverts if they try to get their normal sexual needs met.

I'll never understand this.

This isn't the fault of gays. It's the fact our society views everything feminine as virtuous and right. If two men want to lust and defile each other, there's no women involved, so the organized feminist left doesn't care.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Drazen - 05-02-2012

I never understood this line of thinking. I think its just a device used to attack a person with a particular view. basically ridiculing one by throwing what they are against in their face. Sure, maybe there are cases of this being true, but I would imagine they are outliers more than anything.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - LonerWithABoner - 05-02-2012

Gay guys are great. More women for me....

Gay guys have also gotten me laid a few times. I seem to attract them, so when they find out I'm straight, they sometimes introduce me to a female friend of theirs.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - oldnemesis - 05-02-2012

Quote: (05-02-2012 07:17 AM)BTman Wrote:  

Wondering what you guys think about these articles. I have always had the feeling that people that are extremely homophobic are trying to over compensate.

I guess it depends on the country, and here in US it might actually be true. Too many anti-gay, "family values" types have been literally caught with a cock in their mouth.

The whole Republican party is probably gayer than the Castro district in San Francisco.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - gringochileno - 05-02-2012

It doesn't surprise me at all that an association exists between homophobia and homosexuality. Reaction formation is a well-documented psychological phenomenon and this seems like a clear example of it.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Roosh - 05-02-2012

A lot of you saying that "gay guys reduce the competition" fail to account for lesbians. I find that a place with a lot of fags also has a lot of dykes, eliminating any ratio advantage you think you have. Maybe in the West Coast it's different, but Washington DC has tons of gay guys with no apparent advantage in ratio.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - gringochileno - 05-02-2012

Quote: (05-02-2012 09:01 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Well, gay men are the definition of weak.

Why, exactly? Because they want to fuck the people they're sexually attracted to?

I agree, it's a double standard. But trying to equalize it by stigmatizing gays instead of pushing back against people who disapprove of normal heterosexual male sexuality is moving in the wrong direction.

Quote: (05-02-2012 03:54 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

A lot of you saying that "gay guys reduce the competition" fail to account for lesbians. I find that a place with a lot of fags also has a lot of dykes, eliminating any ratio advantage you think you have. Maybe in the West Coast it's different, but Washington DC has tons of gay guys with no apparent advantage in ratio.

Consider the alternative though. In a society where homosexuality is criminalized or shamed, you're going to get gay guys cutting the pool of women through marrying to pass as straight (fag hags are susceptible to falling in love with these guys). Not only that, you're adding women to the dating pool in the form of dykes who will be frigid as shit and just marrying for appearances' sake, which isn't helpful either.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - LonerWithABoner - 05-02-2012

Quote: (05-02-2012 03:54 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I find that most lesbians are too ugly to even bother with. They act, talk, and often look just like men.

Whereas tons of gay guys take care of themselves and look really good, and women are disappointed that they're gay.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Caligula - 05-02-2012

Not sure what you mean about gay men being the definition of weak.

Some are, some aren't. Not every gay dude fits the super effeminate stereotype. I've known gay dudes who put women in their place all the time and don't tolerate any shit, way more so than any beta out there.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Yams - 05-02-2012

There is some polarity with homosexuals so I wouldn't lump them all together. Just check out this dude Fleece Johnson, he don't give a fuck as long as it got booty.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Bad Hussar - 05-03-2012

I don't have any problem with gay people, but hate the current institution of "Political Homosexuality". As a group they allow themselves to be used as cannon fodder in the "cultue war", or whatever it's called now. Just like many other groups. Doesn't ultimately do them any good, but apparently they can't resist. The most recent outrage I remember is the sports comentator who made some very mild "homophobic" reference in a broadcast and was fired. That was just beyond screwed up. If particular gay men want to understand why "alternative" public opinion is turning against them they should review that case.

Also, "homophobic" is a riduculously fake term. 99+ % of people clased as "homophobic" are in no way afraid of homosexuals or homosexuality.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - Caligula - 05-03-2012

Quote: (05-03-2012 10:49 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

I don't have any problem with gay people, but hate the current institution of "Political Homosexuality". As a group they allow themselves to be used as cannon fodder in the "cultue war", or whatever it's called now. Just like many other groups. Doesn't ultimately do them any good, but apparently they can't resist. The most recent outrage I remember is the sports comentator who made some very mild "homophobic" reference in a broadcast and was fired. That was just beyond screwed up. If particular gay men want to understand why "alternative" public opinion is turning against them they should review that case.

Also, "homophobic" is a riduculously fake term. 99+ % of people clased as "homophobic" are in no way afraid of homosexuals or homosexuality.

This is exactly the problem.

Homophobia linked to same-sex attraction? - RedBull - 05-03-2012

savages