Roosh V Forum
Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Is Social Circle "game" really game? (/thread-12542.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Indefatigable - 04-28-2012

Some of you guys talk like it is just a different form of game, but to me it seems like a different kettle of fish altogether. A whole lot guys who do "social circle game" would be lost if they tried approaching a woman they had no connections to. So to me we shouldn't call it "game."

What do you think?

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - WestIndianArchie - 04-28-2012

Quote: (04-28-2012 11:42 AM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

Some of you guys talk like it is just a different form of game, but to me it seems like a different kettle of fish altogether. A whole lot guys who do "social circle game" would be lost if they tried approaching a woman they had no connections to. So to me "social circle game" is not game.

What do you think?

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (04-28-2012 11:56 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2012 11:42 AM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

Some of you guys talk like it is just a different form of game, but to me it seems like a different kettle of fish altogether. A whole lot guys who do "social circle game" would be lost if they tried approaching a woman they had no connections to. So to me "social circle game" is not game.

What do you think?

[Image: troll.gif]

I don't get this. I've been on here for almost three months. Why would I start to troll only now? Do any of my previous posts seem like trolling? Let me guess, you didn't even look.

Are you one of those dudes who only meets women through their connections to people you know?

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Gmac - 04-28-2012

Seriously? This belongs in the newbie section.

Social circle game is still game because like with everything else you don't get laid by just pulling your dick out. Game is still required to close the deal.

Girls feel more comfortable with me when I meet them online because my profile has information on it. Clearly not game if I bang them on the first date, it was my "online connection" to her amirite?

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:19 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Social circle game is still game because like with everything else you don't get laid by just pulling your dick out. Game is still required to close the deal.

Girls feel more comfortable with me when I meet them online because my profile has information on it. Clearly not game if I bang them on the first date, it was my "online connection" to her amirite?

You're right. You still have to do work. But getting laid through connections is much easier than through approaching a random girl. A guy who gets laid that way shouldn't feel like he's some kind of master at game. That's my main point. Do you disagree? Would you place someone who gets a lot of women that way in the same category (in terms of game) as someone who gets the same number of women through approaching random women?

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Pilate - 04-28-2012

I don't think working the social circle detracts from the game at all. It's still the same, minus the cold approach.

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:38 PM)Pilate Wrote:  

I don't think working the social circle detracts from the game at all. It's still the same, minus the cold approach.

But that's a huge difference.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Kish - 04-28-2012

Yea. Just because social circle game is 10 times easier doesn't mean you dont need game. Men who rely solely on social circle game are betas who can't handle rejection.

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:30 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

You're right. You still have to do work. But getting laid through connections is much easier than through approaching a random girl. A guy who gets laid that way shouldn't feel like he's some kind of master at game. That's my main point. Do you disagree? Would you place someone who gets a lot of women that way in the same category (in terms of game) as someone who gets the same number of women through approaching random women?

Who cares how much work it is? You're trying to undermine a lay because it wasn't gotten with hard work? Like a guy has to wait in line for 5 hours to talk to a girl, take her out on 45 dates over 2 years before he should get laid to a girl he didn't meet through friends? Give me a fucking break.

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:56 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Who cares how much work it is? You're trying to undermine a lay because it wasn't gotten with hard work? Like a guy has to wait in line for 5 hours to talk to a girl, take her out on 45 dates over 2 years before he should get laid to a girl he didn't meet through friends? Give me a fucking break.

OK, it seems like you're deliberately misunderstanding me now. I obviously didn't say that. But the fact is that social circle game is in a different category than cold approaching game.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Basil Ransom - 04-28-2012

Well, it's like money. Two guys earning the same amount, and one had a vastly easier time getting there than the other. Should Mr. Easy be given less credit? Well, in the real world, people don't really give a fuck how hard you tried, they only care about results. The quality and quantity of your women is very sensitive to your circumstances.

The social circle guy may have less to teach me in the game department. But, if he his circle of girls is hot, he probably has a thing or two to teach me about building a circle. Maybe, maybe not.

Some people get laid through their job (industry events, networking, coworkers in far off departments), and some people work in sausage fest industries. You may know that you'd be scoring more than your friend if you had his circumstances, and you could say the same of anything else that helps you get laid, like looks.

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:43 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Yea. Just because social circle game is 10 times easier doesn't mean you dont need game. Men who rely solely on social circle game are betas who can't handle rejection.

Lol, that's false. Plenty of guys score hot girls, and only ones they've met through social circle. Being unable to cold approach well doesn't automatically mean you suck with women.

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:41 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2012 12:38 PM)Pilate Wrote:  

But that's a huge difference.

OK, it just occurred to me that not everywhere is the same. I live in a city (toronto) where cold approaching will get you minimal success at best. So here there is a huge difference between cold approaching and social circle game.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - gringochileno - 04-28-2012

I don't get why people feel the need to say some types of game are more legit than others. It's not a competition, you don't get a medal for having a higher Quality-Adjusted-Difficulty-and-Method-Dependent Notch Quotient™ than somebody else. If you're getting laid then who cares what kind of game you used.

The approach is different. One is easier but more complicated. You could say it takes a higher level of game to cold approach, but you wouldn't necessarily be correct. It's just a different method to get what you (we all) want, the bang. The beta in a social circle isn't going to get laid simply because there are girls in it. He still needs confidence / game.

This is starting to remind me of the direct vs indirect debates. Pointless.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Moma - 04-28-2012

I think that social circle game is very different. I have gotten slams of social circle and it was much easier. Remember, lizards operate in groups. Their comfort is attained in groups. This is why it's harder to close on lizards in large groups because they tend to look at what their group thinks. They go to the toilet in teams and they decide who they will fcuk in teams.

I don't believe that a person who operates off SOLEY off of social game can tell me much about game per se.

A person in social game doesn't need to isolate his target. Logistics are hardly important. He has already won over value and comfort and can close a lizard whereas a solo artist has to determine a lizard's frequency, tune in and not say anything daft that will get him reduced to creep status and thus kicked to the curb.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Kish - 04-28-2012

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:14 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Lol, that's false. Plenty of guys score hot girls, and only ones they've met through social circle. Being unable to cold approach well doesn't automatically mean you suck with women.

I never said that. If you are too scared to approach you lack confidence. Who here is really gonna deny that? There's nothing wrong with meeting chics thru friends. But if you use it as your only crutch because you lack the balls to approach then it's a problem.

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:22 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

I don't get why people feel the need to say some types of game are more legit than others. It's not a competition, you don't get a medal for having a higher Quality-Adjusted-Difficulty-and-Method-Dependent Notch Quotient™ than somebody else. If you're getting laid then who cares what kind of game you used.

Here is one reason why it is important. I saw a post in one of the Toronto threads in which the poster started off by saying that he went to college here and thought the city was greating for picking up. Later he admitted that all he did was social circle game. I was like "if you didn't do any or alot of cold approaching, how can you say that Toronto is good for picking up?"

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Hades - 04-28-2012

Social circle game still requires a fair bit of game.

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:36 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

Here is one reason why it is important. I saw a post in one of the Toronto threads in which the poster started off by saying that he went to college here and thought the city was greating for picking up. Later he admitted that all he did was social circle game. I was like "if you didn't do any or alot of cold approaching, how can you say that Toronto is good for picking up?"

I concur with this. This thread is more to do with travel than settling and most cats in here are not going to spend four years building up rapport to close lizards and then say Toronto is great.

Hence, if a city is strong on social circle and weak on cold game, it is no good to me (and many others here, I imagine).

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - gringochileno - 04-28-2012

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:36 PM)Indefatigable Wrote:  

So specify it. "Toronto sucks for cold approaching, but I do well there because I have a decent social circle." There's no need to wave your dick in front of somebody's face because they don't get laid using what you would consider "real" game, though. That kind of thing reminds me of the stupid-ass direct vs. indirect debates and it's totally useless.

Come to think of it, this is true of a lot more than just cold approach vs. social circle. A location can be great or horrible for picking up depending on your age, race, style, financial situation, logistics, languages, and a million other things. That's why it's always important to read data sheets carefully and consider the source, but you shouldn't denigrate another guy's method for scoring pussy just because it differs from your own.

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:51 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Come to think of it, this is true of a lot more than just cold approach vs. social circle. A location can be great or horrible for picking up depending on your age, race, style, financial situation, logistics, languages, and a million other things. That's why it's always important to read data sheets carefully and consider the source, but you shouldn't denigrate another guy's method for scoring pussy just because it differs from your own.

This. Which is why I agree with the 'Which cities are favourable towards <insert race> guys, provided the guy has his foundations in place and not just a miracle seeking, punani from the sky type of guy.

I've gone to some places and I couldn't get a handshake from a 5.
But some places, I've gone and 7's have practically fell from the sky. Remember these successes are particular to my type of look.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Basil Ransom - 04-28-2012

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:29 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:14 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

If you are too scared to approach you lack confidence. Who here is really gonna deny that?

I'll disagree with that. Just saying there are plenty of men who can't cold approach very well, but still date hot women. Cold approaching is a specific skill that requires some practice to pull off well. It's not something you will be naturally good at if you're good with women but have never tried.

It's like saying if you can't dance well, you lack confidence. Confidence in dancing yes, confidence with women, not necessarily, by any means. You just haven't developed that particular skill.

You may be very athletic, but you're not going to be a pro right when you pick up the ball for a sport you've never played. You need to practice a little, and once you do, you may even outshine the people who mentored you.

Quote:Quote:

This. Which is why I agree with the 'Which cities are favourable towards <insert race> guys, provided the guy has his foundations in place and not just a miracle seeking, punani from the sky type of guy.

It's not only about compatibility though. Certain things are just straight up better. Eg, a better ratio, slimmer girls, weak male competition. Factors like these will make it better or worse for every man, regardless of his niche.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - dulst - 04-28-2012

Social circle game is definitely game. It's just biased. Like how day game is biased towards comfort whereas night game is biased towards attraction.

Relying on SCG is a mistake I made, the consequence is that I'm bad at approaching but that once I'm in things get much easier.

Also very good for sly harem management.

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - haywire - 04-28-2012

Perhaps the correct way to frame the question would be : is social circle game beta? [Image: lol.gif]

Is Social Circle "game" really game? - Sebastian - 04-28-2012

I think the ultimate game is building a social circle and get to know people through that way.
It's a lot harder and takes more time.
A lot of guys will give up and just say 'fuck this, I am just going out tonight. If my game is tight, I can score a Gf tonight'

I wasted my time by just going to bars and clubs, meeting meaningless people.
What if I invested my time & money to learn something and also met people there?
For business, it's like building clienteles. After few years, they will come to you and you don't have to go out to find customers.
If you've been focusing on SNL, nothing will happen unless you keep going out.

Bars are a good place to practice though. it will prepare you to be more social when you go to those social circles.