Roosh V Forum
NBA playoffs - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: NBA playoffs (/thread-11926.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NBA playoffs - hoops330 - 04-09-2012

Anybody here follow the NBA? What are you all expecting to see in the playoffs?

Is anyone able to contend in the east w Miami? Does Chicago have a chance to beat Miami when DRose returns??

How about the west? Will OKC come out of the west? Do the Lakers have a shot with the recent emergence of Bynum? Clippers? Are there any teams in the west capable of beating Miami in 7?

Interested to hear all of your opinions...

NBA playoffs - chyamor - 04-09-2012

Being from the 312 I like to see bulls vs heat. I still don't think bulls have that 1 extra player to put them over the top though. Too bad we can get Lamar now. I also have no problems watching OKC whoop miami's ass

NBA playoffs - hoops330 - 04-09-2012

Quote: (04-09-2012 03:26 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Being from the 312 I like to see bulls vs heat. I still don't think bulls have that 1 extra player to put them over the top though. Too bad we can get Lamar now. I also have no problems watching OKC whoop miami's ass

I agree that Chicago isn't quite ready to contend with Miami. Boozer didn't show up in the playoffs last year and they rely too heavily on DRose for their scoring. Indiana has a good squad but they need to add a piece for Granger and Hibbert.

OKC definitely has the talent but they lack the experience. Both Durant and Westbrook are capable of going for 35+ on any given night, and Perkins, Sefalosha, and Harden can give them good numbers too.

SA Spurs are still #1 in the west but I don't think they gave the athleticism to compete with OKC, although you can never count out a team of wily vets.

NBA playoffs - BoiBoi - 04-09-2012

I think that OKC is going to kick everybody`s ass. KD, Westbrook, Ibaka imo are better than James, Wade and Bosh. James obviously is a machine but he doesnt have a 4th quarter and tends to fuck up in the crunch time. Anyways, Id like to see the Clippers win. Blake Griffin is just a beast!

NBA playoffs - the chef - 04-09-2012

OKC can be very scary but it all depends on their bigs really.

once defensive intensity steps up in the playoffs, especially in the post, perk and ibaka have to deliver (pause).

i want to see the bulls in the finals though. mad love for d-rose.

NBA playoffs - at350zguyy - 04-10-2012

being the fellow chicagoan that i am, i can honestly say the bulls go as far as derrick rose's health takes them.

a healthy rose will put us over the top this year. of course as i say this i'm hearing of his latest injury with the ankle.

NBA playoffs - Giovonny - 04-10-2012

Thunder and Heat in the finals. We'll see if Lebron is ready or not.

Drose doesn't have enough help. Lakers don't have enough firepower. Duncan and Ginobili are too old.

NBA playoffs - Moma - 04-10-2012

Quote: (04-10-2012 11:49 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Thunder and Heat in the finals. We'll see if Lebron is ready or not.

Drose doesn't have enough help. Lakers don't have enough firepower. Duncan and Ginobili are too old.

That's interesting, but don't count Spurs out too early. They still got that vet savvy on them (quoting an RVF member)

Indeed the game lies on Lebron, because that cat goes to sleep in the 4th quarter like he has narcolepsy.

NBA playoffs - hoops330 - 04-10-2012

Quote: (04-10-2012 08:22 AM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

being the fellow chicagoan that i am, i can honestly say the bulls go as far as derrick rose's health takes them.

a healthy rose will put us over the top this year. of course as i say this i'm hearing of his latest injury with the ankle.

I would love to see Chicago get past Miami and play OKC in the finals. A Westbrook/Rose matchup would be great to watch and watching Taj Gibson, arguably the best on the ball perimeter defender, guarding Durant would make for a great series.
Unfortunately, I really don't think anyone can get past Miami in the east and I say that as the biggest Miami hater in this forum. Between Lebron and Wade switching off guarding DRose I don't think Chicago can get enough scoring anywhere else. Playoffs start Apr 28 so time will tell.

I agree with hoops that Chicago is a better looking team..a better bench but they don't have that extra bite to close down..Miami is a scruffy team but their Big Three are extremely potent and make up for the mediocre squad they got in tow.

P.S. Not a Miami fan.

Chicago plays better team ball but Miami has better talent. Lebron is like a 6'9 Drose. Wade might be just as good of an athlete as Drose. Its like 2 alphas against 1 in that series.

Quote: (04-10-2012 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Chicago plays better team ball but Miami has better talent. Lebron is like a 6'9 Drose. Wade might be just a good as athlete as Drose. Its like 2 alphas against 1 in that matchup.

Don't sleep on Chris Bosh. Unguardable in his position.

Quote: (04-10-2012 12:32 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (04-10-2012 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Chicago plays better team ball but Miami has better talent. Lebron is like a 6'9 Drose. Wade might be just a good as athlete as Drose. Its like 2 alphas against 1 in that series.

Don't sleep on Chris Bosh. Unguardable in his position.

NBA playoffs - at350zguyy - 04-10-2012

Bosh is guardable. He goes 1-18 when Noah is sticking him on D.

NBA playoffs - the chef - 04-10-2012

"don't sleep on chris bosh. unguardable in his position."

lol, ok.

an almost retired KG is still considerably better than bosh.

Quote: (04-10-2012 11:16 PM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

Show proof of this. And not just one game either.

Quote: (04-10-2012 11:30 PM)the chef Wrote:  

lol, ok.

That's how I know you only watch highlights of the day.

NBA playoffs - hoops330 - 04-11-2012

Quote: (04-10-2012 11:32 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (04-10-2012 11:16 PM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

Show proof of this. And not just one game either.

Well we could cite tonights game in which Bosh was 5-13 for 13 pts in a loss to Boston while KG was 11-14 with 24 and 9.

NBA playoffs - the chef - 04-11-2012

lol, ok.

no.

while it took a while for bosh to settle into his role in mia, i can't even think of one season where i'd take him over KG. KG has always been better than bosh. ever. even as a semi handicapped old man.

it wouldn't be accurate to compare the old KG from sota to bosh, so let's compare the KG since his injury from 09.

both are bigmen who are above average in jump shooting for their size. they certainly aren't on dirk, but they're very very good; even then KG is still just as good than bosh (at the jumpshot). i'll admit that bosh is a more natural scorer though. but, KG is better at passing and playing the half court game better than, and is much tougher therefore he can maneuver in the post moreso than bosh.

in terms of rebounding (his toronto stats aren't accurate cause he played with bargs), defense, and overall aggressiveness it's not even arguable really.

bosh has never really made an impact on the game as much as KG has, even in the past 3 years.

NBA playoffs - LifeBeginsAt40 - 04-11-2012

Quote: (04-09-2012 01:36 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Is anyone able to contend in the east w Miami? Does Chicago have a chance to beat Miami when DRose returns??

Miami is a chance if they can secure home court advantage for the finals. They will need to beat Chicago away on Thursday though. They drop that they fall 3 games behind with a week to go and will go into the playoffs without having home court advantage in the conference final and likely the nba final because a loss will also put them 2 games behind Oklahoma and San Antonio. Home court will play a massive part in this finals series.

NBA playoffs - CJ - 04-11-2012

As long as Westbrook keeps jacking up 30 shots a game, OKC will never win a title. They really should've shipped Marbury Jr to New Orleans for CP3 when they had the chance.

The west is such a toss-up, I could see any of 6 different teams emerging: Memphis (with Randolph back now), OKC, Dallas, San Antonio and either LA team.

The Spurs were embarrassed last year, so I think they'll be out to prove something again. They're resting up their vets right now, while still holding the #1 spot. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see them win one last title.

If Rose is healthy when the ECF roll around, I see Chicago over Miami. Getting the #1 seed in the east will be huge as a cake-walk over Indy, Atl or Orlando will be much less wear and tear than a 6 or 7 game second round series with Boston.

NBA playoffs - at350zguyy - 04-11-2012

Indy is going to make some noise this year. They currently sit in the 3rd seed at the east and whichever team they match up with in the 2nd round is going to get a run for their money. I just hope it's not my Bulls.

Orlando and Atl will be one and done most likely.

Really hoping Milwaukee gets into the 8th seed so that the Bulls have 7 home games in the 1st round.

NBA playoffs - BoiBoi - 04-11-2012

Quote: (04-11-2012 12:33 AM)the chef Wrote:  

lol, ok.

no.

while it took a while for bosh to settle into his role in mia, i can't even think of one season where i'd take him over KG. KG has always been better than bosh. ever. even as a semi handicapped old man.

it wouldn't be accurate to compare the old KG from sota to bosh, so let's compare the KG since his injury from 09.

both are bigmen who are above average in jump shooting for their size. they certainly aren't on dirk, but they're very very good; even then KG is still just as good than bosh (at the jumpshot). i'll admit that bosh is a more natural scorer though. but, KG is better at passing and playing the half court game better than, and is much tougher therefore he can maneuver in the post moreso than bosh.

in terms of rebounding (his toronto stats aren't accurate cause he played with bargs), defense, and overall aggressiveness it's not even arguable really.

bosh has never really made an impact on the game as much as KG has, even in the past 3 years.

The thing about KG is that hes one mean mofo. He is passionate about the game and this still makes him dangerous, although hes old.

NBA playoffs - at350zguyy - 04-11-2012

KG still has the fadeaway. Bosh will never be able to get that move down.

NBA playoffs - the chef - 04-11-2012

Quote: (04-11-2012 12:33 AM)the chef Wrote:  

lol, ok.

no.

wow i wrote this when i was almost belligerent. shit is all over the place hahahaha.

i still agree with what i said though. bosh<