Roosh V Forum
Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) (/thread-43193.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Chowder Head - 01-06-2018

Did Karl Pilkington predict two stories from Black Mirror season 4?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/30/karl-pilki...4-7192873/

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Repo - 01-06-2018

I still can't tell if Karl's personality is all an act or not. . .

Some of the shit he says is so stupid it's borderline genius

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - sterling_archer - 01-09-2018

Jay Dyer did analysis of all seasons:

Black Mirror Seasons 1-4: Hidden Meanings & Esoteric Messages You Missed – Jay Dyer

Some of the terms and expressions used in the article point out that Jay is reading this forum, no wonder actually since he watched Roosh new years podcast. If you are reading this Jay, rock on!

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - sterling_archer - 01-09-2018

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - heavy - 11-11-2018

I'm watching my first episode... Season 4 hang the dj...

Big Seinfeld reference with the "(smack) ahhh" after the guy takes a drink, that drives the chick nuts and is the reason she doesn't really like him.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Transsimian - 12-19-2018

A million comedians try 'orange man bad' jokes, but Brooker is the only one who bothers to be funny.

[Image: 0P6X3wM.jpg]

"aging He-man cosplayer dressed for a court appearance"

"If he kissed a baby, it is probably the first step in a long game of going to bed with it in 18 years."

"guinea pig in a toby jug"

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Windom Earle - 12-30-2018

What did you guys think of Bandersnatch?

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - RawGod - 12-30-2018

Quote: (12-30-2018 05:43 AM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Is there any way to watch it if you don't have Netflix? It's an interactive movie so probably not.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Malone - 12-30-2018

Quote: (12-30-2018 08:40 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

Is there any way to watch it if you don't have Netflix? It's an interactive movie so probably not.

Ya it's going to be hard to pirate. It was interesting but not worth a lot of effort to see, imo.

Not really up to usual Black Mirror standards. Definitely not up to the standard of the last Black Mirror special I remember - that Christmas one with Jon Hamm.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - sterling_archer - 12-30-2018

Yify has uploaded movie, but it is not an interactive movie of course. Uploader made choices on his own accord and what was uploaded was his vision how the film should have ended. Not sure if I will watch it though because of that.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Malone - 12-30-2018

Quote: (12-30-2018 10:39 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Yify has uploaded movie, but it is not an interactive movie of course. Uploader made choices on his own accord and what was uploaded was his vision how the film should have ended. Not sure if I will watch it though because of that.

If you don't make any choices there's the "default" choice in each situation. It won't work though, since when you're driving there's lots of temporal loops in the movie, for lack of a better term. It's pretty clever.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - sterling_archer - 12-30-2018

I spoiled myself endings already. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Repo - 12-30-2018

I enjoyed it. I like the way they designed the choices and the ability to pick differently while keeping you immersed. I do hope that they find a way to add some more humor to the concept,it could get stale if everytime they do one of these it's super serious.

I feel they can take the interactivity even further and immersivity will eventually become standard in the future with this type of genre, i.e. a call comes through to your phone, a linked device is activated etc.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - LINUX - 12-30-2018

Short film.

I chose the Frosted flakes, took the acid, and then jumped off the ledge. Next thing I know the movie was over.

Should have made the other loser jump, I guess.

^ even if you don’t take the acid, he puts it in your tea - but he jumps.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - BaatumMania - 12-30-2018

I found Black Mirror sort of went out of it's way to being SJW by inserting as many black characters as possible (even though they're just 3% of the British population). I'm not British but I prefer to watch a British show to depict British people as a way for me to experience their culture (so something like Netflix's Sick Note set in Britain was more enjoyable for me to watch). It seems other people must agree with me because a show called Downton Abbey (which was white British people 100 years ago) was a huge hit all around the world.

It's kind of weird that Bandersnatch went against this: almost all the characters were white except for the Indian Game Developer who kind of lived up to an Indian business owner stereotype (although I question if there were any Indian video game studio leaders in the 1980s).

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - infowarrior1 - 12-30-2018

Its a shame there isn't a satisfying conclusion that truly solves the mystery and thereby the real solution to the obstacles that is brought up.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - BaatumMania - 12-30-2018

Quote: (12-30-2018 11:46 PM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

Its a shame there isn't a satisfying conclusion that truly solves the mystery and thereby the real solution to the obstacles that is brought up.

The only issues I really saw in Bandersnatch was maybe a Mommy complex and issues that every teenager goes through.

IMHO - issues easily fixed by not fucking up that game making job, moving out of Dad's house and then banging some 39 year old MILF. But of course Black Mirror's solutions were intentionally weird but that's kind of their artistic style that their fans enjoy.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Richard Turpin - 01-02-2019

I've been wanting to catch Black Mirror for ages after hearing good things about it. Never got round to it, until the other day when I saw the word 'interactive' and was intrigued.

Myself, the missus and my teenage son sat and watched Bandersnatch. We quickly lost interest.

I loved the old Fighting Fantasy 'choose your own adventure' gamebooks as a kid so was hoping for something similar. I get that the writers were trying to be clever and make a point about our lack of free-will, but there's nothing new or clever here that nobody hasn't read about or seen before and it was poorly executed in my opinion. I'm still gonna watch the rest of the Black Mirror catalogue as some of the episodes sound very good.

Bandersnatch screamed 'gimmick' and proved to be exactly that. I wonder if it was a little rushed, as I feel they could have done this a whole lot better than they did.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Malone - 01-02-2019

Give the "real" Black Mirrors eps a chance. This one wasn't as good as those.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - catoblepa - 01-02-2019

Black Mirror is the only show that can claim the legacy of The Twilight Zone. Speaking of which I look forward to the next incarnation scheduled for this year. I hope it's gonna be a mix of horror and sci-fi with a pinch of light-hearted comedy like in the 1985 revival.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - infowarrior1 - 01-02-2019

Quote: (12-30-2018 11:49 PM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

Quote: (12-30-2018 11:46 PM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

The only issues I really saw in Bandersnatch was maybe a Mommy complex and issues that every teenager goes through.

IMHO - issues easily fixed by not fucking up that game making job, moving out of Dad's house and then banging some 39 year old MILF. But of course Black Mirror's solutions were intentionally weird but that's kind of their artistic style that their fans enjoy.

I saw all the endings. One is that he discovers that his dad is not what he seems. And there is a true reason behind the way he turned out that is much more than your above explanation.

There isn't a true ending which truly lays all the issues to rest and he truly overcomes the game.

Every last one of them is a bad ending.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Arcite - 01-25-2019

I'm kind of surprised the only responses to the "USS Callister" episode in this thread have been positive. To me, it seemed the message of the episode was that omega males/incels/whatever you want to call them are the way they are because they are fundamentally evil people, i.e., they're secretly sadistic sociopaths, that is why women don't like them, women are right to hate them, and they should be destroyed.

Black Mirror (Incredible TV Show) - Repo - 01-25-2019

^^^ You sound like an incel