Roosh V Forum
The Vox Day thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Vox Day thread (/thread-67386.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Vox Day thread - debeguiled - 05-12-2019

Quote: (05-12-2019 01:55 PM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2019 11:23 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2019 01:46 AM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2019 08:48 PM)bbgun Wrote:  

Strange guy. Obsessed with Peterson, Shapiro and Joooooos in general, while throwing roses at the feet of Putin. And for a man who complains about deplatforming, he bans and moderates posts with the best of them.

This is the kind of putdown that really validates the quality of Vox' work.

How?

Putin global supervillain boogeyman, Corbyn-Omar raging antisemites, as is everyone who dares touch Our Greatest Ally with a 10' pole or just notice what's going on... Haters coming from that cucked RINO-MIGA mindset, as seen in post above, are a good indication that Vox is being on target.

Still don't see it. Okay, he criticizes the 'cosmopolitans' when others won't. Fine.

The criticism you are responding to is questioning his character, not addressing the finer points of his views.

Day's problem is that he comes across as oversensitive, weirdly obsessed with guys like Peterson to the point that any old criticism will do, and extremely quick to ban people and call them gammas.

To use an old game term, he is extremely uncalibrated, and seeing him on his darkstreams, he is defensive and prickly even with his supporters, and seems about to snap any time someone makes a comment he doesn't like. He speaks at length about his genius and superiority with apparently no awareness that truly superior people don't need to do this.

His eyes look shifty and bad, as if he can't bear to look at the camera. I know people will start bleating that ad hominems are fallacies or whatever, but come on.

This is like reading a pick up book that sounds good and then when you see the guy who wrote it you immediately sense alarm bells going off. He is such a sad little man!

Any criticism like this gets dismissed as a 'putdown' like you dismissed it, when this is one of the main ways we decide about who to listen to and who to believe. Do they seem like the kind of person they claim to be?

And then you do the very thing you are criticizing other people of doing, making a sweeping character assessment of the person criticizing and saying their very form of criticism is a validation of Day's writings.

That doesn't make sense. Even if the person is doing exactly what you are saying they are doing, it still doesn't validate anything about Day, it only makes the guy doing the criticizing look bad.

You don't even address BBgun's criticisms, just dismiss him with your own putdown (cucked RINO-MIGA).

To address it, you would have had to explain the state of near rage and obsessiveness that Peterson seems to draw out of him, and his itchy ban hammering and gamma shaming that comes across as serious projection.

It isn't really effective though to dismiss someone using the same technique you are criticizing though.

The Vox Day thread - Aurini - 05-12-2019

Quote: (05-11-2019 01:36 PM)HermeticAlly Wrote:  

Sure, there's plenty you can criticize about Vox. But his fiction writing? He's actually quite a good fiction writer and world builder (aside from pointless debates about stuff like whether he's better than George RR Martin or whatever - who cares?) Vox's time would be much better spent hunkering down and writing/editing fantasy novels than trying to launch some new ambitious venture every other week that ultimately goes nowhere.

This whole genre of "YouTube basement-dwellers sitting around talking about other YouTube basement-dwellers talking about stuff" is unbearably lame, it's like daytime TV for guys with tribal tattoos and Under Armour hats who think reading 4Chan makes them edgy. Yeah, Vox's livestreams are awkward and usually boring, but these two dorks are even more pathetic.

It all seems like a tremendous waste of time, but I admit I would be quite entertained if trolls caused Vox to melt down on camera (maybe he has? I ignore at least 90% of his streams.)

I had my own run ins with that crowd; twice, actually. Wasn't exactly pleasant, but it helped me detach from the world.

The Internet is incredibly toxic - both coming and going. As to the group you mention above, I'll simply quote Psalms 1:1 "Do not stand in the way of a sinner, take counsel from the wicked, or sit in the seat of scoffers." I've begun avoiding anything snark-related. I don't need to hear about Chris Chan to live a complete life.

In the other direction - I was chatting with a friend of mine about how so many of these webcomic authors become self-righteously woke, and how much of a turn off it is. "Dude, you have one job: make a webcomic that I laugh at, about whatever genre (video games, programming, D&D) you love. Quit it with the social justice lectures." Why is it that webcomic artists get woke, while newspaper comic writers in years past just wrote jokes?

I think it's the feedback mechanism of instant gratification. Upload a video/article/webcomic, now keep hitting refresh to see your opinions validated. It is not good for one's soul; you wind up feeling way too self-important, and then when somebody disagrees with you you'll get combative.

To reiterate: the Internet turns content creators into narcissists, and readers into snarky narcissists. Our greatest tool is a sword that cuts both ways.

The Vox Day thread - Yatagan - 05-12-2019

Quote: (05-12-2019 12:31 PM)bbgun Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2019 01:46 AM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2019 08:48 PM)bbgun Wrote:  

Strange guy. Obsessed with Peterson, Shapiro and Joooooos in general, while throwing roses at the feet of Putin. And for a man who complains about deplatforming, he bans and moderates posts with the best of them.

This is the kind of putdown that really validates the quality of Vox' work.

His takes on Israel are indistinguishable from that of Omar, Tlaib or Corbyn. I know that politics makes strange bedfellows, but that's some pretty egregious company he's keeping. I agree that Jordan Peterson is another "polite" conservative too cowardly to address HBD, but Vox's obsession with him reeks of jealousy. And to consistently paint Putin as a victim of Western aggression, while cavalierly wiping away his sins, is not only historically illiterate but a form of "blame America first" ethnomasochism routinely practiced by the Left. If you're looking for a messiah, it ain't Vox.

You clearly have no idea about Vox's takes on Israel given that he supports Israeli nationalism and has even said that the Palestinians should relocate to Jordan.

RE: Peterson, by his own admission is neither a conservative or a right winger, so your knowledge of him too, is suspect.

The Vox Day thread - la bodhisattva - 05-12-2019

Whatever Vox Day's positions may be, he's not doing himself any favors by placing his fantasy novels above Martin's, critiquing Joe Rogan's TKD ability, or talking about how his mystical, old Japanese ninjitsu instructor says he has some of the fastest reflexes he's ever seen.

The Vox Day thread - debeguiled - 05-12-2019

I don't know how I keep getting sucked into these debates. We have already talked it all out a while ago. There are parallel streams of opinion about this guy that never meet and nothing ever gets resolved.

He is so singularly annoying that I keep taking the bait.

The Vox Day thread - BortimusPrime - 05-12-2019

Quote: (05-12-2019 02:56 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

In the other direction - I was chatting with a friend of mine about how so many of these webcomic authors become self-righteously woke, and how much of a turn off it is. "Dude, you have one job: make a webcomic that I laugh at, about whatever genre (video games, programming, D&D) you love. Quit it with the social justice lectures." Why is it that webcomic artists get woke, while newspaper comic writers in years past just wrote jokes?

Have you seen Least I Could Do? It's the most insufferable webcomic I've ever seen: the main character is unironically a wealthy corporate executive that in about 80% of the strips is lecturing social justice or talking down to strawman conservatives.

The Vox Day thread - aeroektar - 05-13-2019

My best guess, the reason Vox comes across so unlikable is that he isn't comfortable in front of the camera. You can see it in his expressions and hear it in his voice, he dreads it and can't wait for it to end (the opposite is Owen, who says he's going to land the plane every 10 minutes but Livestreams for 3 hours). He's obviously not a stage entertainer, or cut out to be a YouTube personality. The worst part is that he lies right to his audience about his character, no one is buying that this dude is or ever was some social juggernaut mack daddy alpha, but that's what he wants people to believe. He's a valuable thinker, I agree with most of what he says about the current state of society and our future, but video is a bad format for him.

The Vox Day thread - Leonard D Neubache - 05-13-2019

I used to give a shit about Vox Day's character flaws but now I only care about the fact that he's doing instead of talking. His comic is something. His books are something. His alternate platform for infotainment is something.

His record as a doer is beyond reproach and it's a shame he feels he has to qualify how great he is all the time. His character flaws go off like alarm bells to me because I know deep down I share a lot of them. As I've said before. Sigmas are just level 20 gammas. That's why he's so triggered by them. They're like ghosts of the past trying to drag him back down to hell.

But at the end of the day he's doing shit, not just talking about it.

He's earned more respect than 99% of the manosphere on that merit alone.

The Vox Day thread - Richard Turpin - 05-13-2019

Yeah. I don't know anything about Sigmas or Gammas, and I admit that Vox's demeanor can put a lot of people off, but as Leonard says he is a doer, above all else. Doesn't like Marvel/DC, so he creates his own comic business; Arkhaven Comics. Doesn't hold with Wikipedia, so he creates his own online encyclopedia; Infogalactic. Has his own publishing arm with Castalia House. And so on.

We only have to look across to the Heartiste thread (may he rest in everlasting peace) to see the importance nowadays of striving to control your own platforms.

The Vox Day thread - HermeticAlly - 05-13-2019

Aurini, your post perfectly articulated some things I've been feeling but hadn't quite put into words. As someone who used to spend way too much time in the Internet Mockery Machine, I'm realizing that it's really unhealthy and a huge time-suck. I think this is the real reason Vox spends so much time going after guys like John Scalzi and Jordan Peterson - I don't believe he's really jealous of either of them (even though his behavior can easily be mistaken for envy or jealousy.) I think it's the same trolling impulse that makes people morbidly amused by internet weirdos like Chris-chan, he just makes it look more coldly clinical.

As some others pointed out, Vox is clearly uncomfortable behind the camera and doesn't come across as articulate as on his blog. The whole reason why it exists is because of the popularity of video-based creators like Stefan Molyneux and Owen Benjamin.

It's very difficult to determine how individually successful any of Vox's ventures are because he has a large, rabid fanbase that will buy/support anything he puts out almost automatically. When he started his own publisher I was excited, and the books Castalia put out the first few years (especially anything by John C. Wright) were great. Now he puts all his time into stuff I don't care about instead of actually finishing his second epic fantasy book which was "released" several years ago with at least 40% of the chapters missing. As far as actually working on his big book series, he's almost as bad as Martin.

The Vox Day thread - Jones - 05-13-2019

Quote: (05-13-2019 07:02 AM)HermeticAlly Wrote:  

Aurini, your post perfectly articulated some things I've been feeling but hadn't quite put into words. As someone who used to spend way too much time in the Internet Mockery Machine, I'm realizing that it's really unhealthy and a huge time-suck. I think this is the real reason Vox spends so much time going after guys like John Scalzi and Jordan Peterson - I don't believe he's really jealous of either of them (even though his behavior can easily be mistaken for envy or jealousy.) I think it's the same trolling impulse that makes people morbidly amused by internet weirdos like Chris-chan, he just makes it look more coldly clinical.

As some others pointed out, Vox is clearly uncomfortable behind the camera and doesn't come across as articulate as on his blog. The whole reason why it exists is because of the popularity of video-based creators like Stefan Molyneux and Owen Benjamin.

It's very difficult to determine how individually successful any of Vox's ventures are because he has a large, rabid fanbase that will buy/support anything he puts out almost automatically. When he started his own publisher I was excited, and the books Castalia put out the first few years (especially anything by John C. Wright) were great. Now he puts all his time into stuff I don't care about instead of actually finishing his second epic fantasy book which was "released" several years ago with at least 40% of the chapters missing. As far as actually working on his big book series, he's almost as bad as Martin.

Spent too much time on the comic book culture war in late 2017/ early 2018- but in those few months I got away from the moderate non-leftist writers/artists, and sided with Vox - and now through Vox discovered Owen.

I read Vox - his videos I never watch: he's not made for Live TV. His recorded and produced Voxiversity are great, recommend those for sure.

Conversely Owen isn't a great writer by any means, but much more enjoyable to watch footage from his streams, an established stand up comedian.

Roosh is one of the few that can do both writing and speaking - you can read his twitter or watch the streams and not miss anything.

Vox has too much on his plate to finish his works - Martin has too much on his plate with every meal.

The Vox Day thread - Aurini - 05-13-2019

Quote: (05-12-2019 03:40 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Have you seen Least I Could Do? It's the most insufferable webcomic I've ever seen: the main character is unironically a wealthy corporate executive that in about 80% of the strips is lecturing social justice or talking down to strawman conservatives.

The irony is that it was semi red-pilled at the beginning; I stopped following it years ago, because it when from "Alpha douche picking up chicks" to "douche lecturing me from his high horse". Just look at this 'problematic' comic. Doesn't stand up well in today's world.

The Vox Day thread - BortimusPrime - 05-13-2019

Quote: (05-13-2019 01:30 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

The irony is that it was semi red-pilled at the beginning; I stopped following it years ago, because it when from "Alpha douche picking up chicks" to "douche lecturing me from his high horse". Just look at this 'problematic' comic. Doesn't stand up well in today's world.

The funniest part of the comic is that the Gary Stu self-insert main character is a tall wealthy executive playboy with thick hair, while the author of the comic is a short scrawny bald nebbish Jewish man.

The Vox Day thread - Rorogue - 05-14-2019

Quote: (05-13-2019 04:27 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

As I've said before. Sigmas are just level 20 gammas. That's why he's so triggered by them. They're like ghosts of the past trying to drag him back down to hell.

Interesting idea.
As a former gamma desperate to become a high level sigma, I agree. If you're an extreme introvert with demons, you can probably never totally slay them- you can just go forth and create something out of them.

Very few writers are truly alpha. They need to feel emotional about the darker elements of the world, so they can mine it and write about it, rather than total thriving amongst it.
Trump/Andrew Tate= Alpha
Krauser/Vox/Some have said Roosh=Sigma

Although in my opinion Roosh's successful leadership of men puts him into the alpha bracket

At least Vox has gone and done something, and has a hot wife

The Vox Day thread - BortimusPrime - 05-14-2019

The irony is what triggers him about gammas is the ankle-biting "Well Ackshually" commentators, but most of his podcasting efforts are effectively the same thing. He finds other figures with more notoriety than him, and pecks at them (along with liberal use of the term "satanic").

The other prime use of the gamma accusations is that it's really a great way to deflect valid criticism by ad hominem. It's like the manosphere version of a chick telling you that you have a small dick and live in your mother's basement. If you'd like him to call you a gamma, just send him a superchat asking him if he agrees with Owen Benjamin that the Earth isn't rotating.

The Vox Day thread - Aurini - 05-14-2019

Quote: (05-13-2019 05:35 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2019 01:30 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

The funniest part of the comic is that the Gary Stu self-insert main character is a tall wealthy executive playboy with thick hair, while the author of the comic is a short scrawny bald nebbish Jewish man.

Just further evidence of with whom the cuck fetish originates...

The Vox Day thread - Buck Wild - 05-14-2019

Quote: (05-13-2019 04:27 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I used to give a shit about Vox Day's character flaws but now I only care about the fact that he's doing instead of talking. His comic is something. His books are something. His alternate platform for infotainment is something.

His record as a doer is beyond reproach and it's a shame he feels he has to qualify how great he is all the time. His character flaws go off like alarm bells to me because I know deep down I share a lot of them. As I've said before. Sigmas are just level 20 gammas. That's why he's so triggered by them. They're like ghosts of the past trying to drag him back down to hell.

But at the end of the day he's doing shit, not just talking about it.

He's earned more respect than 99% of the manosphere on that merit alone.

I've been critical of Vox and have ridiculed him fair a bit...but the bolded portion is undeniably true--full credit to him.

The Vox Day thread - 911 - 05-14-2019

He's indeed doing a lot of good things, including building an independent media platform with Owen Benjamin, kudos to him.

I've only listened to a few of Vox's podcasts, but have found him to be fairly smart, on target and honest. His takedown of Jordan Peterson was quite good.

The criticisms of him strike me as ad hominems. Yeah he looks a bit dorky, the guy is a sci-fi writer and game designer, that's par for the course, he's no Johnny Carson.

I think the stuff about him being "obsessed" with Peterson is off the mark, it's more about him being rightfully angry at the fact that JP is a deceiver. I feel the same way about Peterson, and other nefarious agents like Tommy Robinson or Ben Shapiro. These pied pipers who have acquired great wealth misleading their flocks are going to elicit a lot of anger among those who see their real MO.

The Vox Day thread - BortimusPrime - 05-14-2019

It's not really ad hominem because I actually don't disagree with a lot of what he says, but his message would be better conveyed if he didn't spend half his podcasts yelling at the chat and telling everyone how stupid they are compared to him.

The Vox Day thread - debeguiled - 05-16-2019

I have left the realm of debate and am now watching Revenge of the Cis mock Day mercilessly. They found out that one of the video games he designed was a cooking game, and are now calling him "Teddy Spaghetti." They also seem to be referring to something called "The Dorkstream."

I know this is pointless and one of the worst things about the internet. Still, it is hilarious to see them react to Vox reacting to comments their fans have made on Vox's stream.

Their videos look like a couple of lizards devouring a big fat white worm. They are predicting that Day is about to snap, and it looks like he is.

The Vox Day thread - Lance Blastoff - 05-16-2019

He has a lot of great insights, but his racial theorizing and "western civilization" crap seems pretentious to me, regardless whether you agree with it or not.

What I find most annoying about him is that you have this guy going on about what a Nietzschean superman he is when he just doesn't have the looks or resume to objectively make that case.

The Vox Day thread - Aurini - 05-16-2019

Quote: (05-16-2019 12:28 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

I have left the realm of debate and am now watching Revenge of the Cis mock Day mercilessly. They found out that one of the video games he designed was a cooking game, and are now calling him "Teddy Spaghetti." They also seem to be referring to something called "The Dorkstream."

I know this is pointless and one of the worst things about the internet. Still, it is hilarious to see them react to Vox reacting to comments their fans have made on Vox's stream.

Their videos look like a couple of lizards devouring a big fat white worm. They are predicting that Day is about to snap, and it looks like he is.

This video was just posted on the clown world thread:

It accurately depicts the hysteria on the left; but the video you posted aptly demonstrates the hysteria on the right.

What we're seeing is a mass descent into subjective reality. Those on the right might wear the outfit of traditionalism, but they don't embrace the principles which that entails. On the surface, they'll seem sane, since they advocate for positions which are essential to a sane society; but the moment you point out that they've violated an objective standard they'll chimp out that you're daring to hold them to standards, and resort to ridicule and internet mobbing to try and silence you.

It's the equivalent of a guy dressed up like a Klingon. Say he's acting passive aggressive, and you challenge him to behave with honour, and to duel you if he feels slighted - or to stop acting like a bitch and get over it. Your typical Irony Bro will respond IDENTICALLY to the cosplay Klingon.

QED: These two chuckleheads claim to be opposed to this civilizational collapse, but they're dedicating all their time to finding sneaky ways to fuck with Vox Day. Thanks, guys, you're really helping us fight the good fight. "Oh, but we don't like you, and it's all bantz, bro." Ah, I see.

Edit: "We've gotten messages from people saying 'I used to be into Vox Day, until I heard you guys ridicule him.'" That's not manly behaviour. That's effeminate, gossipy, woman behaviour. Welcome to the modern right.

The Vox Day thread - Corinth Arkadin - 05-16-2019

Quote: (02-27-2018 12:01 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

I'm glad he will call out fake conservatives or harmful leaders like Richard Spencer or Ben Shapiro, but he leaves out Andrew Anglin. Anglin did a great job in a debate against Vox, and I guess Vox has come to his senses.

I read his blog often for a bit, he's an asute observer, but then he went overboard on "muh genuis level IQ" and promoting his comic book (LOL!) and talking shit about how everyone needs to go back when he's an American Indian who lives in Italy.

Plains N*ggah, pleaze. I've got a comparable IQ, turned down an admission to Ivy League and I can buy and sell him and afford to take the loss.

Vox Day is the highest level of Beta male.[Image: banana.gif]

The Vox Day thread - debeguiled - 05-16-2019

Quote: (05-16-2019 01:06 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2019 12:28 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

This video was just posted on the clown world thread:

It accurately depicts the hysteria on the left; but the video you posted aptly demonstrates the hysteria on the right.

What we're seeing is a mass descent into subjective reality. Those on the right might wear the outfit of traditionalism, but they don't embrace the principles which that entails. On the surface, they'll seem sane, since they advocate for positions which are essential to a sane society; but the moment you point out that they've violated an objective standard they'll chimp out that you're daring to hold them to standards, and resort to ridicule and internet mobbing to try and silence you.

It's the equivalent of a guy dressed up like a Klingon. Say he's acting passive aggressive, and you challenge him to behave with honour, and to duel you if he feels slighted - or to stop acting like a bitch and get over it. Your typical Irony Bro will respond IDENTICALLY to the cosplay Klingon.

QED: These two chuckleheads claim to be opposed to this civilizational collapse, but they're dedicating all their time to finding sneaky ways to fuck with Vox Day. Thanks, guys, you're really helping us fight the good fight. "Oh, but we don't like you, and it's all bantz, bro." Ah, I see.

Edit: "We've gotten messages from people saying 'I used to be into Vox Day, until I heard you guys ridicule him.'" That's not manly behaviour. That's effeminate, gossipy, woman behaviour. Welcome to the modern right.

Or it's just a couple of wise guys making fun of a know it all.

The Vox Day thread - Corinth Arkadin - 05-16-2019

^ I remember when I was a kid, Brainy Smurf was actually the village object of ridicule.

As far as intelligence I think Styxenhammer, for all his weirdness, kicks VD's ass all over the place to the tune of a famous Queen song.