Roosh V Forum
Video games - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Video games (/thread-4101.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Video games - Honorable Man - 06-26-2015

I have the google results for "XCOM 2" and "Fallout 4" bookmarked on my tablet and I check them every day. I have never been more excited to play new games in my entire life.

Video games - Cr33pin - 06-26-2015

Quote: (06-26-2015 05:18 AM)Honorable Man Wrote:  

I have the google results for "XCOM 2" and "Fallout 4" bookmarked on my tablet and I check them every day. I have never been more excited to play new games in my entire life.

I'm a console gamer and I was blown away that they said Fallout 4 on Xbox will support mods! I hope they continue that trend for all Xbox games...

Anyone playing The Witcher 3? It looks pretty entertaining...

Video games - MikeS - 06-26-2015

The Witcher 3 is fantastic and fantastically beautiful. I still gotta finish it though (I estimate I'm around 2/3rds through the story, maybe played some 50-60 hours in total).

I just started playing Planetside 2 last night. After the EU PS4 servers were down for the first 30+ hours after release. Hoping it can scratch my online shooter itch - the Battlefields and particularly the Calls of Dutys are a little too "be hyper-aware at all times" for my aging reflexes and preferences.
Planetside 2 looks like it has the massive scale to let you back off and take a breather once in a while.

After buying a console again a few months ago I've been trying to pinpoint my current gaming interests so I prioritize my time and money a little better (holy fuck I've spent too much money on games in the past that I barely played).

I'm a huge racing game fan so I always need a few of those on my gaming system of choice (on PS4 DriveClub remains my favourite, been playing The Crew as well lately - the driving experience is not as much fun but having a 5000 sqm virtual USA to drive around in is indeed fun. Project Cars has proven a little too clinical for my entertainment taste these days, but I enjoyed sim racing in the past).
I also need an online shooter. And then I really shouldn't take time for more than one story based game at a time.

Video games - KC4 - 06-26-2015

I am, Cr33pin and on my second run doing everything of opposite my last playthrough . The pacing is great anday there are a few red pill moments here and there with a little bit of girl power but otherwise it's a phenomenal game

Video games - Cr33pin - 06-26-2015

I let another forum member pick the flat here in Bromania and the only TV here is old school with RCA jacks and I didn't bring any for my Xbox so there has been no Xbox all month. I don't play it a ton when I am traveling but I still like to have it available for rainy days and such. So I picked the apartment in Budapest for next month and its full of LG flat screen TVs [Image: biggrin.gif]

Video games - Sonsowey - 06-26-2015

I never really played videogames since I was a kid.

Disastrously, I've downloaded Civ 5.

Video games - Veloce - 06-26-2015

Quote: (06-26-2015 08:54 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I never really played videogames since I was a kid.

Disastrously, I've downloaded Civ 5.

Dude me too! Easily one of the worst decisions I've made in the past year. [Image: blush.gif]

I thought I was done with this shit.

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 07-09-2015

[Image: 769.gif]

Video games - GlobalMan - 07-09-2015

Used to play FIFA quite a lot, even though it made me rage I still played. It can be addicting. One day I realized how insane that was and stopped. It's incredible how easy it is to get caught up in it and throw hours and hours away.

Video games - Cr33pin - 07-11-2015

Xbox is having their Ultimate summer sale. I picked up Far Cry 4 and all the DLC for like $35. I want to buy some more but my Xbox One hard drive is full already...
There are a ton of games on sale. Game list and prices
Also Assassins Creed Black Flag is free for download for Xbox one owners

Video games - kbell - 07-11-2015

cant you offload games to an external hard drive via usb cable? flash drives might work if the games are small enough. Also can't you delete the game but keep the save files?

Video games - Cr33pin - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 09:27 AM)kbell Wrote:  

cant you offload games to an external hard drive via usb cable? flash drives might work if the games are small enough. Also can't you delete the game but keep the save files?

To be honest I am not sure... Until I wanted to download Far Cry 4 I never had to much space on my HD so I never looked into how to get some extra HD space. I ended up having to delete my Borderlands 2 digital copy to DL Far Cry. However I don't think you can keep your game saves when you delete a game off the HD, from what I see it just gives you one option and thats uninstall all. With games like GTA 5, Dragon Age, and Call of Duty being about 50GBs the 500GB HD fills up rather fast after you start getting a small collection going.

I deleted Trials and bought Ori and the Blind forest.. its not really the kind of game I usually play but it had damn good reviews and was only 15 bucks

I really want to get the new Mortal Kombat and the Shadow of Mordor while they are on sale... kind of want State of Decay, Halo the master Chief Collection (I never played Halo 4) and maybe the Saints Row bundle and Sleeping dogs to while they are all 50-70% off but I just dont have enough HD space.

#FirstWorldProblems

Video games - MikeS - 07-11-2015

On the XBox One you can install games on an external disk (USB 3.0). On the PS4 you can replace the internal disk with a larger one (without voiding the warranty, it's meant to be an easy swap).

The 500 GB standard disk in my PS4 has just about room enough for permanently installed racing games and shooters, as well as several story based games that I do usually have to delete sooner or later to free up space.

Video games - MikeS - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 09:39 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I really want to get the new Mortal Kombat and the Shadow of Mordor while they are on sale... kind of want State of Decay, Halo the master Chief Collection (I never played Halo 4) and maybe the Saints Row bundle and Sleeping dogs to while they are all 50-70% off but I just dont have enough HD space.

#FirstWorldProblems

I played Shadow of Mordor for maybe 5-6 hours then deleted it. Thoroughly entertaining combat system (borrowing very heavily from the recent batch of Batman games, as well as several gameplay aspects from Assassin's Creed) but the open world is just so utterly bland, bland, bland that it sucked out my will to keep playing.
It almost made all those 16.7-million-shades-of-gray shooters from the 00s look like a cure for depression.

Saints Row 4 and Sleeping Dogs (I played them, though neither to completion, on PC a while ago) are both fairly entertaining open world GTA-like games. Saints Row as bonkers as they come in characters and story telling, and Sleeping Dogs a serious Yakuza themed affair with a pretty cool martial arts combat system in addition to guns.

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 07-11-2015

Quote: (07-11-2015 09:39 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

To be honest I am not sure...

Yes you can!

That was one of the downfalls I thought of when I realized consoles were putting more emphasis on full-download games. That is, until I realized that all your save data for games is stored in the cloud.

So what I do now is just have the one or two games installed on my hard drive that I'm actually playing at that moment, and the rest of the games in my library are uninstalled from my HD, but their saves are still in the cloud. So if I ever have a hankering to play those uninstalled games, all I have to do is re-install them, and they're back on my hard drive with the saves still there from last time.

Video games - kbell - 07-12-2015

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07...ay_aged_55

The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata died. The list of games the Iwata has produced is impressive, Metroid Prime being one noteworthy example. He was quite young at 55.

Video games - cibo - 07-12-2015

Quote: (07-12-2015 09:28 PM)kbell Wrote:  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07...ay_aged_55

The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata died. The list of games the Iwata has produced is impressive, Metroid Prime being one noteworthy example. He was quite young at 55.
That's pretty sad to hear. I loved the Nintendo Direct with his terrible English and hand signs. I bought my wii u because of them.

He really seemed to enjoy his work and he was fairly young still.

RIP Iwata, DIRECTLY to you.

[Image: nintendodirect620pxhedimg_6378.jpg]

Video games - Eskhander - 07-13-2015

Play Earthbound. FOR IWATA!

Looking forward to Fallout 4.
Don't screw it up Bethesda!

And gonna get into the Souls (Dark Souls, Bloodborne) series when I stop being busy/lazy and build my new computer.

Video games - kbell - 07-26-2015

https://newswatch33.com/bizarre/xbox-one...is-throat/

I think this is satire but quite subtle, but xbox kills gamer by ejecting game out forcefully enough to slice throat. The linked articles look equally hilarious.

Video games - Cr33pin - 08-05-2015

I liked Mafia II a lot.. it did a great job of capturing the feeling of being a gangster back in the 40's or 50's,,,very good atmosphere. I'm not sure what direction they are going with III but the trailer is pretty sick.

Video games - Cr33pin - 08-11-2015

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 08-11-2015

[Image: giphy.gif]

I still don't like that they're still doing console exclusivity. But it's funny: As of about a month ago, there are more Xbox pre-orders for Black Ops III than Playstation.

[Image: Screenshot_43.png]

Cr33pin, are you gonna be playing the beta August 24?

Video games - Avon Barksdale - 08-11-2015

Quote: (08-05-2015 06:00 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I liked Mafia II a lot.. it did a great job of capturing the feeling of being a gangster back in the 40's or 50's,,,very good atmosphere. I'm not sure what direction they are going with III but the trailer is pretty sick.

The story is suppose to be about a half black, half white Vietnam vet,who is trying to take down the Italian mafia in new orleans out of revenge, for the annihilation of his own black mob family.

Also the white guy who is to the left of the black woman is suppose to Vito Scaletta, the protagonist of the second game.

Its gonna be a dope game

Video games - Bluethunder - 08-11-2015

Quote: (04-01-2011 03:13 AM)D. Goodnuts Wrote:  

I used to play video games for hours. I was getting low quality ass during those days. I ditched the games and devoted those hours to learning about things that improve life, i.e. languages, commodities, women, business, fitness, dieting.

My quality of ass shot through the roof.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I stay in and play vanilla WoW on a private server to save money.. I do read books and lift and stuff.. but ... damn man, we live in the 21rst century and wow-vanilla is a pretty social time with great quests and I play with real life bros. Love it.

But yeah, spend your time wisely and don't overdo the games. Some people waste away down that road.

Video games - TigerMandingo - 08-11-2015

Any Wii fans on here? I just dusted off my console after basically ditching games for the last couple of years and started playing RE4. Fuck how I missed it!! Forgot how good this game is.