Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 08:19 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Roosh, what are the prices like when compared to Poland?

[Image: spongebob.gif]

Food - a bit higher
Transportation - about the same
Lodging - about the same, maybe a bit more expensive
Entertainment - way more expensive ($6 for a shot of vodka at a top club)
Cafes (for dates, etc) - way more expensive

$2,000/month is more than enough where I'm at, but it all depends on how close you want to live to the center. The modern apartments can be heavily priced, though the old apartments with an old sofa bed out of the center are very cheap (~$300-400 month)

It looks like debauchery is being vindicated with his Google Translate game. Instead I prefer to be a human thesaurus and just find a different way to say things without pulling out my phone. I think it's easier for me to do that cause of my writing background.

Can anyone in Moscow give commentary on this video:

A girl takes a hidden camera to film being aggressively approached by many men. Is this what you see in Moscow? She's at least a 7, but if a girl like her gets approached that often on a single afternoon (granted she may have welcomed the approaches through eye contact), that makes me think competition is stiff. In my city, I have not seen a single day approach done, and I'm out often. I only see approaches in clubs, but even there the guys are slow to act.

The Russia Thread - KorbenDallas - 05-16-2014

I've never been to Russia, so, take this with a grain of salt, but a Russian girl told me Moscow was very different than the rest of the country. Maybe it was also a certain area of Moscow she was in?

The Russia Thread - arnoux - 05-16-2014

I ve been in Mosccow for 3 years now and I would say that, for me, this video is more or less staged. I dont see this happening in moscow streets. Russian guys might approach in the afternoon in the streets but it will be quite rare I guess, it is absolutly not in the character of the regular russian guy to do so, so I dont see a normal girl like in the video being constantly approached.
My russian gf is never approached in Moscow but she is in Paris, between 5 to 10 times a day (I am french).

Having said so, I will not deny that the province is very different. I spent some time in Ufa and I felt like Jesus Christ coming on earth just being a man in good health and french. I dont have this feeling in Moscow, not at all. But on the other hand it would have been difficult to survive in Ufa on the long term because of the horrible logistics there (very poor public transport, almost impossible to commute without car etc)

The Russia Thread - Akula - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 08:43 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

A girl takes a hidden camera to film being aggressively approached by many men. Is this what you see in Moscow? She's at least a 7, but if a girl like her gets approached that often on a single afternoon (granted she may have welcomed the approaches through eye contact), that makes me think competition is stiff. In my city, I have not seen a single day approach done, and I'm out often. I only see approaches in clubs, but even there the guys are slow to act.

In Moscow when I was there it was not common to see day approaches. That said, in places like Gorky Park and the pedestrian zones near the center I did see a few approaches, but it was not like it was happening all the time.

I think Russian guys still have it so good in general and are so used to having social circles to draw from that they aren't forced to work as hard as we in the west. They are also more natural alphas who don't usually give a f*ck and are used to being in difficult situations (fights, scenarios that escalate quickly, etc.) so 'approaching' and dealing with women isn't that much of a big deal or that scary for them as it is for many men in the Anglosphere where pedastalization is huge.

Russian men also are lucky in that they have been communicating with open and receptive, non-'rape culture', mean-spirited (or angry) women who value men and relationships their entire lives and who are not overly-medicated.

The Russia Thread - Menace - 05-16-2014

Russian girls in Moscow have told me that guys would approach them, but the distinct impression I got was that these were lower class guys...not well to-do Russian men. Or they were former FSU guys from the 'stans, which Russians from Russia generally look down upon. However, this is from women, so take with grain of salt comrade.

The Russia Thread - Lucky Luke - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 08:13 AM)DaveR Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2014 08:01 AM)Lucky Luke Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2014 06:44 PM)Orion Wrote:  

Google translate fails badly with Russian-English translation.

It does not. It used to but now it's way better.

https://translate.google.com/#ru/en/мороженое%20в%20асс

For those who don't speak Russian, "мороженое в асс" is supposed to be "ice-cream in assortment," not "in the ass."

Why in the seven hells would you say that to a girl? Google Translate is very useful for common phrases not for random absurd things like that.

The Russia Thread - VincentVinturi - 05-16-2014

This isn't in response to the actual question because I haven't visited Moscow as an adult, so I can't comment on the level of approaching the guys do.

But the video pissed me off enough that I had to say something, if only for the non-Russian speakers who may misconstrue what's happening here.

This girl is the one who is being "naglaya"...extremely so. She went out with the express purpose of rejecting guys and filming it to 'prove' how obnoxious they are!? haha cooome on!

It's so transparent what she's doing that the avalanche of white knighting beta comments on Youtube is almost beyond belief. How could people be this stupid?

Every approach these guys made was perfectly polite and 100% normal --- masculine even. Not some weird PUA shit. Dudes were just saying 'hi' with a good clear voice projection, like normal healthy men, and she was acting like they were intruders, molesting her during her sacred sit in the park.

She preemptively shot them all down and then copped an attitude in response to what we're supposed to agree is incessant harassment? Fuck this bitch seriously. She's not even that attractive for gods sake.

This is the kind of attitude I fully expect from Russian girls in New York and Philly to have (and they do, in spades) but I didn't think it was this bad in the fatherland.

A commenter on the video pretty much nailed it:

"Сначала сама хамит, потом вырезает ответную реакцию, какие они все нехорошие."

...Would hate bang.

The Russia Thread - Blunt - 05-16-2014

After watching that video I couldn't help but notice one of the 'related videos' that popped up at the end.

This is what happens to a Russian girl's personality in the US:

Ok, some of them do manage to maintain a pleasant personality but it really depends on the people around them.

The Russia Thread - sportbilly - 05-16-2014

I am in Kaluga...and although I am not paying for my apartment (work are)....I was shocked to learn it is 50,000 RUB / month....so around 1000 Euro......do not get me wrong it is centrally located and nice.....but 1000 Euro !!

The Russia Thread - slubu - 05-16-2014

I've been following this thread and it pains me to my core. It reminds me of all the times I had out there in Siberia and Moscow, and how good it really was there both talent and reception wise.

I now also realize how much of a mistake it was not to daygame in Siberia, I really missed out on a lot. [Image: sad.gif] The girls you meet out at the bar are much more player and hardcore types. We would also meet sweet girls but not at the rate Roosh is talking about.

I'm happy you're out there Roosh, both selfishly as you can only provide us with more and more observations and feedback, as well as for yourself as I think Russia is the end all for girls. I am curious though if anything changes when true summer hits and the girls go back to their villages or wherever they came from - I recall everyone telling me how dead Moscow was when we were there in August.

As to some random questions/observations I can provide comments for:

- I've never seen uglier men than in Novosibirsk. The other cities were drastically better in Russia and Ukraine, so it varies by city.
- I didn't see much daytime approaching in Moscow. Akula hit it on the head with his post.
- In Siberia, my buddy (middle eastern) was more well received than I (white boy look). In Moscow about even, in Kiev I was way ahead. In Novosibirsk during that ladies night they kept calling my buddy a "beautiful man" and playing with his hair.
- The quality is sometimes ridiculous. I had that paralysis in Moscow in one of the clubs.

In a way I'm happy you are not providing live updates, as I don't think I could handle it. But every post brings me more motivation to go back. And every time I see my buddy that I traveled with, we talk about our trip and it ends with me doing this:

[Image: we-have-to-go-back.gif]

The Russia Thread - jimukr104 - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 02:10 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

After watching that video I couldn't help but notice one of the 'related videos' that popped up at the end.

This is what happens to a Russian girl's personality in the US:

Ok, some of them do manage to maintain a pleasant personality but it really depends on the people around them.

Funny because the girls usually ask the same questions..but Russian women don't like small polite talk. Usually it is better to be silent.

The Russia Thread - jimukr104 - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 01:25 PM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

This isn't in response to the actual question because I haven't visited Moscow as an adult, so I can't comment on the level of approaching the guys do.

But the video pissed me off enough that I had to say something, if only for the non-Russian speakers who may misconstrue what's happening here.

This girl is the one who is being "naglaya"...extremely so. She went out with the express purpose of rejecting guys and filming it to 'prove' how obnoxious they are!? haha cooome on!

It's so transparent what she's doing that the avalanche of white knighting beta comments on Youtube is almost beyond belief. How could people be this stupid?

Every approach these guys made was perfectly polite and 100% normal --- masculine even. Not some weird PUA shit. Dudes were just saying 'hi' with a good clear voice projection, like normal healthy men, and she was acting like they were intruders, molesting her during her sacred sit in the park.

She preemptively shot them all down and then copped an attitude in response to what we're supposed to agree is incessant harassment? Fuck this bitch seriously. She's not even that attractive for gods sake.

This is the kind of attitude I fully expect from Russian girls in New York and Philly to have (and they do, in spades) but I didn't think it was this bad in the fatherland.

A commenter on the video pretty much nailed it:

"Сначала сама хамит, потом вырезает ответную реакцию, какие они все нехорошие."

...Would hate bang.
Many do...it depends. Since guys aren't afraid to approach they get hit on all day.
But I bet she acts all sweet if the guy pulls over in a nice car. Cash is king!

The Russia Thread - Blunt - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 03:18 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Funny because the girls usually ask the same questions..but Russian women don't like small polite talk. Usually it is better to be silent.

Yeah my point was really that they have already subscribed to the feminist "victim mindset" that they are being singled out, i.e. for being Russian, when really guys will ask the same or similar questions to any attractive girl they are trying to get to know.

The Russia Thread - Icarus - 05-16-2014

[Image: 5tF1gNc.jpg]

The Russia Thread - CynicIan - 05-16-2014

I was in St. Petersberg and Moscow in 2010 and reading this thread also makes me excited to go back again, much like slubu.

I'll be headed there again for 2 1/2 weeks in June. This time bouncing around a few more cities. Can't wait!

The Russia Thread - Akula - 05-16-2014

Quote: (05-16-2014 02:53 PM)slubu Wrote:  

I've been following this thread and it pains me to my core. It reminds me of all the times I had out there in Siberia and Moscow, and how good it really was there both talent and reception wise.

I now also realize how much of a mistake it was not to daygame in Siberia, I really missed out on a lot. [Image: sad.gif] The girls you meet out at the bar are much more player and hardcore types. We would also meet sweet girls but not at the rate Roosh is talking about.

I'm happy you're out there Roosh, both selfishly as you can only provide us with more and more observations and feedback, as well as for yourself as I think Russia is the end all for girls. I am curious though if anything changes when true summer hits and the girls go back to their villages or wherever they came from - I recall everyone telling me how dead Moscow was when we were there in August.

As to some random questions/observations I can provide comments for:

- I've never seen uglier men than in Novosibirsk. The other cities were drastically better in Russia and Ukraine, so it varies by city.
- I didn't see much daytime approaching in Moscow. Akula hit it on the head with his post.
- In Siberia, my buddy (middle eastern) was more well received than I (white boy look). In Moscow about even, in Kiev I was way ahead. In Novosibirsk during that ladies night they kept calling my buddy a "beautiful man" and playing with his hair.
- The quality is sometimes ridiculous. I had that paralysis in Moscow in one of the clubs.

In a way I'm happy you are not providing live updates, as I don't think I could handle it. But every post brings me more motivation to go back. And every time I see my buddy that I traveled with, we talk about our trip and it ends with me doing this:

[Image: we-have-to-go-back.gif]

Not to rub it in Slubu..but I got my visa today (very quickly BTW)...I am going back!! [Image: banana.gif]

But I'm also pained to hear about all these beautiful Russian women..I'm missing them bigtime sitting here in exile in DC. It's just not the same having to deal with US women here and the vocal fry, flip-flops, entitlement etc. so I'm pretty much just biding my time til I go back at this point. I guess once you've driven a Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati etc. it's tough to get excited about riding around the block in a Dodge.

Anyway, I agree with all the above points +1000. Funnily enough, when I go back I'm really dying to get out in the sticks in Russia and experience what Slubu and his buddy got to experience during their time over there. Moscow is just a different animal and while it's amazing I am sure I'd really like the smaller-town Russian girls and think it would be amazing to spend a couple weeks in Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Volgograd etc. Never done that so I think I really have to. As many people say over there, Moscow is not Russia.

The Russia Thread - SpecialEd - 05-16-2014

Akula, not to hijack the thread, but how did Prague treat you? Did the women compare to moscow? PM me if you like.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-17-2014

I texted a girl I met last week to suggest a date. She replied, "I was just thinking of you."

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

I only sometimes get that on girls after I bang them, but never before. Never!!

[Image: Russia_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif]

The Russia Thread - sportbilly - 05-17-2014

not sure where the other forum members (who are in Russia) are at present, but this weekend the mercury has risen somewhat in Kaluga.....and so have the hemlines.......

The Russia Thread - Lucky Luke - 05-17-2014

Now that we are onto this. I decided to spend one month on a Russian speaking country in September to improve my Russian. My original idea was Kiev because I already spent a month there, loved the girls and my hispanic look was quite successful, but now as the situation is what it is, I'm revisiting that idea and thinking about other places.

I've spent some time in Russia too, but only in Moscow/St. Petersburg, and I don't think I'd want to go to either. Moscow because it's too big and St. P. because, even though it's gorgeous as a city, girlwise I found the quality to be lower than in the rest of the Russian-speaking world. I absolutely loved Minsk but stayed there for a couple of days only so I don't know how is it for real, and the other parts where I also spent a significant amount of time are all in the Russian part of Ukraine and that's a no-go for obvious reasons.

So... What do you think? Which is, in your opinion, the best city in the Russian speaking world to spend a month in?

The Russia Thread - arnoux - 05-17-2014

I saw the best quality of girls in Ufa and Tcheliabink, really better than in moscow.

Having said so, to go alone in russian province with average russian speaking ability is a real challenge from my point of view, not to be recommanded to beginners.

The Russia Thread - turkishcandy - 05-17-2014

Roosh, you said you're at upper-beginner level of Russian. Can you tell me estimately how many hours in total you've put in learning? Just a ballpark figure.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-17-2014

Quote: (05-17-2014 07:52 AM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Roosh, you said you're at upper-beginner level of Russian. Can you tell me estimately how many hours in total you've put in learning? Just a ballpark figure.

It has to be at least 400 hours. I don't think it's more than 600.

Though my Russian teacher says I'm intermediate, for what that's worth. I just can't describe myself as that yet.