Roosh V Forum
Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone earned 150K + / year? (/thread-46812.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - SiverFox - 05-04-2015

I'm a Data Warehouse architect with 20 years of IT experience and 18 years of experience in the BI space.

Quote: (05-03-2015 01:42 PM)Ice Wrote:  

That's crazy - what kind of consulting do you do?

Quote: (05-03-2015 12:56 PM)SiverFox Wrote:  

Independent IT Consultant, $110/hr rate, made $201k last year.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Vancity29 - 05-04-2015

Canadas Oilfield is where you can start out making 100k a year with no experience. At least it was before the drop off in oil price. In my second year I made 130k in 4.5 months. no bullshit

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Ice - 05-04-2015

Quote: (05-04-2015 07:03 PM)Vancity29 Wrote:  

Canadas Oilfield is where you can start out making 100k a year with no experience. At least it was before the drop off in oil price. In my second year I made 130k in 4.5 months. no bullshit

I'm tempted ..

Quote: (05-04-2015 07:03 PM)Vancity29 Wrote:  

130k in 4.5 months is fucking crazy .. how much $$ did you make all together in the oil fields?

Quote: (05-04-2015 05:28 PM)SiverFox Wrote:  

I'm a Data Warehouse architect with 20 years of IT experience and 18 years of experience in the BI space.

Quote: (05-03-2015 01:42 PM)Ice Wrote:  

That's crazy - what kind of consulting do you do?

Sounds cool.

I'm sure now that you're working independently and making $$ you're in a pretty sweet situation

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - el mechanico - 05-04-2015

Hey Ice why are you mining us? I'm starting to feel like we give you so much but your response is lackluster.

Talk more or we're not helping anyone here except parasites.

Quote: (05-04-2015 07:50 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Hey Ice why are you mining us? I'm starting to feel like we give you so much but your response is lackluster.

lol

Yeah I don't what I should write. I don't make anything near 150k.

I'm just curious to hear if there are people who make that kind of $$ here and how.

But everyone has to make their own way. SiverFox for example is a Data Warehouse architect and makes really good $$ - sounds amazing. That's not my field and I doubt that I could get into it (and be good at it) but it's nevertheless cool to hear what people are doing.

I'm in the process of making some changes in my career. It's more about how I approach my career. I wasn't very smart about $$ in the past and now I have to shift my focus / mindset. I'm working on different things now - approaching clients, interviewing for jobs, and learning new skills.

I have been working in innovation strategy - it's a bit a vague field and I also made some mistakes in terms of how I approached it and how I presented myself. But now I'm in the process of getting things on track. I was actually quite successful in getting my name out there and establishing myself as an expert - but I wasn't smart enough to convert it into $$.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - el mechanico - 05-04-2015

Tell us what you're working on and let the guys that know help you.

It's obvious in this thread nobody wants to get dirty which would exclude like 90% of the ways to make that kind of jack.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - thirty-six - 05-04-2015

Which industry do you work in, Sammy?

Quote: (05-04-2015 04:11 PM)sammybiker Wrote:  

Meh. Wait until you make 150k+ to decide whether you really need to "enjoy" what you're doing.

I may not necessarily "enjoy" what I'm doing but I sure as hell love the money. And the status and confidence that comes with it.

Call me vain, I don't care...but when I made $15k+ last month, no matter how shitty the job, I felt pretty fucking good.

And all that said, if you're smart, it doesn't take many years of $150k earnings to escape the rat race forever. Be frugal, don't procreate, don't get married and grind it out for a few years...you're set.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Jack Of All Trades - 05-04-2015

Quote: (05-04-2015 08:59 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

It's obvious in this thread nobody wants to get dirty which would exclude like 90% of the ways to make that kind of jack.

That's a big theme that no one picks up on, if you don't mind getting dirty there's really good coin to be made.

Here's some examples:

Diesel mechanic
Wastewater treatment technician
Industrial cleaner/Hydrovac operator
Plumbing/Gasfitting

Those that I mentioned can easily hit 150k-200k if your willing to put in overtime once you get your journeyman ticket.

Waste management is also another good one, not general garbage but worse shit like sewage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9x79_WYbk

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - NFallin - 05-04-2015

@ vancity

24/4 and 12 hour days or what. Construction or rigs?

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - jordypip23 - 05-05-2015

I don't make anywhere close to this type of money, but I know from talking to good friends that make above this figure (a doctor & a manager-level consultant at a huge, well known consulting firm) that their discretionary spending & daily overhead is far, far higher than mine. It's almost like that becomes their new norm. This is why even those guys never feel rich and still complain about money. But yeah at least when they let loose & party, they do throw down pretty hard.

And guys like them (who are far more wealthy than the average American) are still practically paupers compared to the CEO types, hedge fund titans and Abu Dhabi / Russian billionaires that roam alpha cities such as NYC.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - bad guy - 05-05-2015

This is a very good rate if you're subcontracting from a larger consulting/staffing firm - range should be from $80-120 per hour. If you're billing a direct client, this is the low end of the range for a DW Architect which would roughly be around $100-180 per hour ($200 for rockstars). IT techies/engineers (non executives) can make $250-300k per year (wall street and silicon valley). The takeaway here is that you're specialized with many years of exp.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - loki - 05-05-2015

I cleared 44k in March based on 149k in invoicing for sales an services , that's after all costs, wages and suppliers etc...but EBIT (earnings before interest and tax). It was a very profitable month based on low (ish) numbers because it was a lot of services which are high margin.

No matter how much i make in profit i still pay myself very little because I have taken the long play view and look forward to selling for 10M + (clear) and walking the fuck away to retire somewhere in SEA by the time i turn 45.

Big lump sums of cash are worth far FAR more then dribs and drabs!!! Always remember that because its critical.

No idea what the April numbers are yet, after all costs etc.. but we did $225,388 in invoicing for the month. 160k of which was sales done by your truly @20% margin. Services margins are much higher.

I expect to do 400k + for May and June in invoicing , each month that is because of End Of Financial Year (EOFY) sprees customers undertake at this time of year. This is invoicing numbers not EBIT.

its taken me a long time and lot of shit to get my show to where it is and no one will ever give it to you unless your some trust fund mofo. If you want it, you got to work for it, work harder and smarter than the next person because every one else out there wants the same and when you start to make real bank, they will try and take it off you if you are not careful.

That's how I am making bank and you can too if you're willing to make the effort, build a business and stick with it.

Also I have no degree, did not finish school and had a very rough life growing up, all of which I have used to help me sustain the pace, power through the bad times and make me even more fucking determined to succeed in life as well as prove all the haters wrong.

I really hope these words help to inspire you to break the shackles of oppression society forces on some of us, as long as you don't work for me haha [Image: whip.gif].

You can do just about anything in life if you set your mind to it, I am proof this is true and I am now reaping the rewards, driving a 200k car, wanting for nothing in life accept better quality pussy on tap and maybe a little more sleep would also be nice.

Note: I also had 3 months of this year (FY15) where i lost a combined 45k for various business reasons so don't think the road is paved with gold because there is good and bad to running your own show.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Ice - 05-05-2015

Quote: (05-05-2015 07:58 AM)loki Wrote:  

I cleared 44k in March based on 149k in invoicing for sales an services , that's after all costs, wages and suppliers etc...but EBIT (earnings before interest and tax). It was a very profitable month based on low (ish) numbers because it was a lot of services which are high margin.

No matter how much i make in profit i still pay myself very little because I have taken the long play view and look forward to selling for 10M + (clear) and walking the fuck away to retire somewhere in SEA by the time i turn 45.

Big lump sums of cash are worth far FAR more then dribs and drabs!!! Always remember that because its critical.

No idea what the April numbers are yet, after all costs etc.. but we did $225,388 in invoicing for the month. 160k of which was sales done by your truly @20% margin. Services margins are much higher.

I expect to do 400k + for May and June in invoicing , each month that is because of End Of Financial Year (EOFY) sprees customers undertake at this time of year. This is invoicing numbers not EBIT.

its taken me a long time and lot of shit to get my show to where it is and no one will ever give it to you unless your some trust fund mofo. If you want it, you got to work for it, work harder and smarter than the next person because every one else out there wants the same and when you start to make real bank, they will try and take it off you if you are not careful.

That's how I am making bank and you can too if you're willing to make the effort, build a business and stick with it.

Also I have no degree, did not finish school and had a very rough life growing up, all of which I have used to help me sustain the pace, power through the bad times and make me even more fucking determined to succeed in life as well as prove all the haters wrong.

I really hope these words help to inspire you to break the shackles of oppression society forces on some of us, as long as you don't work for me haha [Image: whip.gif].

You can do just about anything in life if you set your mind to it, I am proof this is true and I am now reaping the rewards, driving a 200k car, wanting for nothing in life accept better quality pussy on tap and maybe a little more sleep would also be nice.

Note: I also had 3 months of this year (FY15) where i lost a combined 45k for various business reasons so don't think the road is paved with gold because there is good and bad to running your own show.

Hey man, congrats on your success - sounds amazing.

Can I ask you what kind of service you provide to your clients?

Yeah I'm trying to sell innovation services to companies. The idea is that I would analyze the client's current business situation - untapped potentials etc. - maybe also do consumer interviews to learn more about their unmet needs etc., and based on that create a concept for a new digital product/service that would help the client grow their business. I would maybe also try to actually develop that digital solution for clients. Of course, for the latter I would need to work with a team - developers, designers etc. - but I think that wouldn't be a problem.

I have a meeting next month with a fortune 500 retailer - let's see how that goes.

I'm taking the meeting together with a friend who works in a similar field. I don't know him that well, though, I just recently met him through a friend of mine. But he seems pretty cool, and he has more experience than I have - especially in conducting client meetings. As I mentioned, I made some mistakes in the past, that's why I would like to take this meeting together with someone who has more experience. It was me, however, who set up the meeting in the first place. I have written a report on new trends in innovation that the company liked.

I'm also applying to companies who do similar things as I described above. I might have an interview in the next weeks.

Also, I'm learning UX and interaction design. I know that these skills are in demand, but starting out the pay probably wouldn't be great. But I think there is potential to start a business with these skills. Also, they are a good addition/complement to the digital innovation services I described above.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - jamaicabound - 05-05-2015

150K seems like Donald Trump when your not making it and honestly once you are it doesn't feel like all that much. I don't make 150k but fianlly broke 100k this past year. I got slammed with taxes, partially due to my own fault of how my business was structured but wound up paying 38% on about 2/3 of my income. After taxes it doesn't leave that much. I don't even really live an expensive lifestyle, I rarely eat out, I don't really drink, don't do bars. Don't really buy clothes. I'm actually quite frugal and somewhat of a homebody plus I'm working too much to really spend money. I think I wound up banking about 40k which isn't terrible. I thought I had banked about 60k maybe 70k but hadn't paid my estimated taxes so much of that was taken away at the end of the year. I've always known but recently have really acknowledged the importance of putting your money to work for you. Its hard to make money, it really is and money sitting does nothing.Once you start making money you really have to invest it, start a new business, etc and let your money work for you in a more passive nature vs always having to be on the hustle and grinding for your money.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - el mechanico - 05-05-2015

^ You need write offs. You can spend that money on a better lifestyle instead of giving it to the irs.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - jamaicabound - 05-05-2015

Quote: (05-05-2015 10:01 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

^ You need write offs. You can spend that money on a better lifestyle instead of giving it to the irs.

Due to my business I'm audited on a regular basis so I can't be quite as liberal in my writeoffs as alot of other people. That said I just recently started another business which isn't as stringent so should be able to take more writeoffs this year. I also found a good accountant who's really aggressive with writeoffs and lowering the tax burden. I'm thinking about using him for some tax planning as well. I also just opened up a sep ira so that should allow me to avoid alot of taxes and put some money away as well.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - loki - 05-05-2015

Quote: (05-05-2015 08:29 AM)Ice Wrote:  

ICT services, as in technical support, project management and consulting etc...

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - Easy_C - 05-05-2015

Quote: (05-04-2015 10:17 PM)Jack Of All Trades Wrote:  

That's a big theme that no one picks up on, if you don't mind getting dirty there's really good coin to be made.

Here's some examples:

Diesel mechanic
Wastewater treatment technician
Industrial cleaner/Hydrovac operator
Plumbing/Gasfitting

Those that I mentioned can easily hit 150k-200k if your willing to put in overtime once you get your journeyman ticket.

Waste management is also another good one, not general garbage but worse shit like sewage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9x79_WYbk

I actually was looking at those jobs, but due to some vision loss that I suffered in the military I'm effectively restricted to white collar jobs.

The good thing I'll offer for those jobs is that, although they typically don't start that high, they do start at a living wage and are relatively easy to get into. Again most people just don't want to do the work.

Quote: (05-05-2015 10:13 AM)loki Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2015 08:29 AM)Ice Wrote:  

ICT services, as in technical support, project management and consulting etc...

Thanks.

I'm guessing the services you are providing are very technical right? I.e. programming, network architecture and the like.

Do you yourself have a background in the technical aspects? Or are you managing employees who do?

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - polar - 05-05-2015

Like el mech, I can't figure out your goal. Do you have a path in mind, or are you just playing twenty questions?

Quote: (05-04-2015 08:00 PM)Ice Wrote:  

Quote: (05-04-2015 07:50 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

lol

Yeah I don't what I should write. I don't make anything near 150k.

I'm just curious to hear if there are people who make that kind of $$ here and how.

But everyone has to make their own way. SiverFox for example is a Data Warehouse architect and makes really good $$ - sounds amazing. That's not my field and I doubt that I could get into it (and be good at it) but it's nevertheless cool to hear what people are doing.

I'm in the process of making some changes in my career. It's more about how I approach my career. I wasn't very smart about $$ in the past and now I have to shift my focus / mindset. I'm working on different things now - approaching clients, interviewing for jobs, and learning new skills.

I have been working in innovation strategy - it's a bit a vague field and I also made some mistakes in terms of how I approached it and how I presented myself. But now I'm in the process of getting things on track. I was actually quite successful in getting my name out there and establishing myself as an expert - but I wasn't smart enough to convert it into $$.

Ice: what is all this info giving you? Most guys here aren't in your industry. You're asking generic questions that Google can answer.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=careers+over+150000
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=high+paying+careers
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ICT+services

You seem to mean well, but confuse reading and action. Do your own research, then come back with specific questions like " "I want to break into A, my experience is in B. My informational interviews told me X,Y,Z, I tried it and it didn't work so well. What do you guys suggest?" Or "I have a business doing X, having issues with scaling, here's my situation, please advise.

What are you doing this week to get a $150k+ career?

Networking?
Studying for certs?
Schmoozing your boss?
Pulling back-to-back all-nighters to finish a client pitch?
Starting a side business?

You've got the goodwill of guys like Loki who pull $200k EBIT a month willing to answer your questions. Don't waste their time by showing them you aren't willing to do five minutes of Googling when you could ask them in-depth questions about how they actually scaled a business to $2m+ a year.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - orythedog - 05-05-2015

Quote: (04-29-2015 05:00 PM)ThrustMaster Wrote:  

Headhunters are like Realtors now, dime a dozen. I remove about 100 of them a year from my LinkedIn profile. They're like roaches. Doubt an entry level one makes anywhere close to that.

Quote: (04-29-2015 03:00 PM)orythedog Wrote:  

A Headhunter, recruiter, or executive search consultant is a $150K plus/year job. Once you know what you are doing, it can easily be a several hundred thousand dollar a year job depending on what level of person you are placing. Headhunters can make up to one third of the first years' compensation of the individual they are placing, so it doesn't take that many placements to make a good living.

Also, if you are self employed, the limits for contributions to a SEP-IRA are dramatically larger than an individual IRA.

Anyone earned 150K + / year? - orythedog - 05-05-2015

ThrustMaster, the OP asked: I was just wondering if anyone has ever earned 150k per year or more, and if yes, what kind of job that was?

He did not stipulate entry level.

As for your comment: "Headhunters are like Realtors now, dime a dozen. I remove about 100 of them a year from my LinkedIn profile. They're like roaches. Doubt an entry level one makes anywhere close to that."

I know a lot of realtors that make BANK! The same holds true for recruiting. It's just like any other field, there are always the top performers, and then everyone else who tried it and failed even though it looked easy.