Roosh V Forum
Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? (/thread-3939.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - BIGINJAPAN - 10-19-2012

I don't think it matters who the chairman is. That is all for show. The FED works for the big banks. I believe the govenors nominate a couple chairman and the president picks from the bankers nominees.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - rudebwoy - 10-19-2012

Quote: (10-19-2012 06:20 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2012 04:21 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I should have got more silver coins when the price was at $27, but I got lazy. The powers that be are suppressing the price of Silver, hopefully this nonsense will stop and Silver will go back to the normal 16:1 ratio with Gold.
I buy coins as a way to hide money and with "hope" that the price may increase as forecasted.

Oh, it will. QE3 is here and we'll see major inflation.

One thing to look out for is if Romney is elected. He said he doesn't like QE3 and he might try and pull Bernanke out of power.

If Bernanke is removed from office, I'm selling every PM I own.

I would not hold much stock about Romney removing Bernanke from the Federal Reserve. I believe they would rather have us buying stupid worthless stocks than Silver, notice how the Google stock and Apple stock have dipped recently.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Samseau - 10-23-2012

Japan debases their currency: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-22...ailed-qe-8

Just interesting to see countries around the world take turns printing trillions... kind of like watching dominoes

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - thegmanifesto - 02-20-2013

Gold and Silver has been dropping.

What are your guys thoughts?

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - WestCoast - 02-20-2013

As much as I love the manosphere, unless the person is in the know (direct connect to multi-billion dollar funds). Discussions are entirely wasteful.

Someone with real power can wipe you out in seconds.

Example: Dell.

Goldman Sachs equity research team upgraded the stock in December on "possible LBO" from a SELL rating. Had a sell for over.. Two years.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/1043801-...ll-why-now
Goldman Sachs has a person on the board of directors at Dell (the ex head of... Equity research)
http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/bio...liaro.aspx
The GS analyst only had buy ratings on growth momentum names, ug's on valuation for an LBO which is the 11th largest of all time. Guess who growth names are catered to? You guys aren't dumb.
Take a look at the press release.. Go on linked in.
"Press" grabs a lead which hints at a takeout
Hits tape, algo's (auto set up desk) floods the stock to a 13 handle ("fishy" that all other "possible" M&A leaks only trade up 3-4%...)
Algo's rip you apart through the next 65 cents to 13.65 take out price

This is all public info but people still try to trade in and out of major liquid assets to make a profit because people have an irrational belief they are "smart". They can't seem to connect the dots. This includes things like silver and gold as well.

So for this thread, does anyone run a commodities fund with 2B+? Highly doubt it, but that's the only guy to talk to about this.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Pacesetter20 - 02-21-2013

Quote: (02-20-2013 10:43 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Gold and Silver has been dropping.

What are your guys thoughts?

I have no idea where they are going.

My gut tells me they are going higher due to the world-wide currency "race to the bottom," but looking at the long-term Gold charts it still appears to be a massive bubble (Silver and Platinum less so).

Personally I would like to see a correction short-term (which the charts tend to indicate) to create a better entry point in the summer when I was kicking around the idea of throwing some Cash into all three (Gold, Silver, Platinum).

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - BIGINJAPAN - 02-21-2013

How can you say Gold looks like a bubble ? The fundamentals couldn't be better. Especially now that the central banks are net buyers of gold. The biggest gold producing country on the planet, China, does not allow one ounce to leave the country. South Africa is having workers shot at mines and they are losing production hand over fist. Something like 1-2% of people own gold in one form or another. When the last huge run up of gold occurred in the 80's I believe that number went to 8-10% before it collapsed. But since the 80's the US went from a creditor nation to the biggest debtor nation in the history of the world.

Now can gold on a technical basis or a manipulative basis be brought down? Yes of course. I actually thought we would see 1400 or so last year. I think it does need some back testing, but with the way things have been going with countries constantly devaluing than we might not get those back tests. Remember dumb dumb hedge fund managers use huge leverage and so do the banks. SO when they get a margin call on APPL they have to sell their positions in winning trades such as gold and silver to cover their borrowing on other trades. That causes a lot of problems in the market. Although it looks like most week hands in Apple have been shaken out.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - thegmanifesto - 03-07-2013

Have you guys been buying?

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Lothario - 04-12-2013

What the F... happened to GOLD today, fell back to July 2011 levels, Can the Financial Guys ..... WestCoast, Presidentcarter, Captainpower or others weigh in.... My vote is for Gold for the Long Run, Time to Buy ?

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Belize King - 04-13-2013

I bought physical gold at 1900 and silver at 35. Im in it for the long run though. Interested in what our Gurus think.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - BIGINJAPAN - 04-13-2013

So april is delivery month for the comex. This happens every delivery month that the cartel decimates the price of gold.

As for the charts, gold is now technically broken and could head as low as $1350. I thought this was going to happen last year as gold needed to back test some levels before heading to new highs. If you are looking to buy gold or silver, now is a good time to start scaling in. Look to the summer time to really load up as that is a seasonally weak period for precious metals.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - rudebwoy - 04-13-2013

Quote: (04-13-2013 12:38 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

So april is delivery month for the comex. This happens every delivery month that the cartel decimates the price of gold.

As for the charts, gold is now technically broken and could head as low as $1350. I thought this was going to happen last year as gold needed to back test some levels before heading to new highs. If you are looking to buy gold or silver, now is a good time to start scaling in. Look to the summer time to really load up as that is a seasonally weak period for precious metals.

Do you buy Silver?
I am starting to think Gold is the only PM worth owning.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Lemmo - 04-15-2013

So did anyone get out in time? I'd just started to think about getting in when gold tanked. -10% in one week so I think it is safe to say gold is not a safe haven.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - InternationPlayboy - 04-15-2013

Silver was cheap in Peru. I don't know how the logistics would work for getting it back to the states. My uncle invested in gold a long time ago and made a good chunk of money. Wow, 10% in one week? I wonder if it will be worth investing in again any time soon.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Lemmo - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 04:18 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Silver was cheap in Peru. I don't know how the logistics would work for getting it back to the states. My uncle invested in gold a long time ago and made a good chunk of money. Wow, 10% in one week? I wonder if it will be worth investing in again any time soon.

Now, it is more like 12% since 4/10. I'm sure the technicians have a view on when to think of getting in but I'm staying away from this falling knife.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Julio - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 04:49 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2013 04:18 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Now, it is more like 12% since 4/10. I'm sure the technicians have a view on when to think of getting in but I'm staying away from this falling knife.

ETF liquidation (last Friday's 22.5 tons sale was the largest since mid-February), stop loss selling took spot to a low of $1,404. Next near term support is $1,400 before $1,308 the 2011 low.

Saw people selling OTM put option strike 1375$ expiry 1Month (ppl who don't believe in further depreciation)

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Gallego2006 - 04-15-2013

Although the ETFs are sinking, actual physical gold and silver sales are reaching record levels. Apparently suppliers are having to increase price over spot in an attempt to regulate demand a bit...

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - rudebwoy - 04-15-2013

I also read that Gold wlll go down some more to around the $1400 mark, so might be time to buy for the long haul.

In China the government is advising people to buy PM's, I have chinese friends who are heavily into buying gold in Canada.

Funny how in North America they push worthless stocks and Real Estate.

Read between the lines.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - thegmanifesto - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:34 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I also read that Gold wlll go down some more to around the $1400 mark, so might be time to buy for the long haul.

Pretty genius call since it's around $1380 right now.

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:36 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:34 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Pretty genius call since it's around $1380 right now.

My bad!

Oh damn, what did it close at on Friday?

Well time to load up.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - gsinplaya - 04-15-2013

The measured move on GLD (gold etf) takes it down to 125 (now trading at around 133)

With that in mind I don't think its good to be buying Gold here as any bounce will likely to get sold into.

It's a dangerous play but the trend is still down.

Here is an interesting extract from last years berkshire hathaways annual letter to shareholders.

http://ivanhoff.com/2013/04/15/warren-buffett-on-gold/

Buffet points to an interesting quote “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end.”

He makes the point that those considering gold as a safe haven should reconsider their thesis.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/assa...pdate.html

This is where I read the comment about Gold at $1400/oz over the weekend.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Jaydublin - 04-15-2013

Gonna start running low on physical silver if we have another week of these prices. It will be like 2008 where you had to pay 30%+ above spot for generic physical on 100oz and bigger bars, if you could find it and forget about finding rounds.... May be time to start looking into miners as well.

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - Atilla - 04-16-2013

This is not a high-probability entry point for a trade. Maybe it's oversold, we'll see. Sometimes huge drops do end up being bottoms. Most of the time, the chart shows weakness for good reason, and I would be cautious of any bounce. You're better off waiting for a high-probability entry, even if it's at a higher price. That's why I didn't jump in around the 150 area.

Weekly Chart for GLD
[Image: GLD.png]

Do you own physical Gold or Silver or Both? - shanefalco - 06-07-2013

Quote: (03-07-2013 07:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Have you guys been buying?

Hey G,

I know your post is a few months old, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm patiently waiting to get back into the gold market. I sold out of all my gold back on 8/8/2011 (due to this news - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/06/busine....html?_r=0) I figured that the USA would keep the afterburners on, and there would be no way that the money printing would stop. So, where is all the extra money going to go, right into the market. Since most people can't invest in physical PM's/gold through 401k's, they could only put it in some type of stock or bond fund.

The return was nice; however, I sold out of VTI earlier this week and will now use the proceeds to buy some PM's.

I won't buy any silver though. I was a little early with my silver call, but I figured we would eventually get close to $20 due to the industrial demand. The melt price/%/etc was getting too out of wack to keep it in the 30's for that long. It might drop a little more at this point. But I'm definitely waiting to get back into the gold market.