Roosh V Forum
Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved (/thread-36956.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Hades - 09-08-2014

Ninja post edit!

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 09-08-2014

^ I am sorry I can't take this post seriously, and I like your other posts.

This will be seen as laughable and caveman thinking a few decades from now, when in reality it should be seen as that now because of foresight.

Easy example when I got my first cellphone in 1999 probably a year later I said:

"Yeah they will make phones into a personal computer with internet you can walk around with that will serve a million purposes soon enough."

People said "really you think so? I'm not too sure that will happen soon (if ever lol)".

Smartphones come out and people are like "oh well here it is I'll use it!".

It really is amazing how many people just can't see the dots connecting into the future, and I can't figure out why that is still.

Until it's here no one gives a shit and is busy with stuff like the Fappening.

I know what it is, if being a real "nerd" was rewarded sexually the entire thought process of what's possible in the future would be unreal compared to now.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - poutsara - 09-08-2014

Quote: (06-08-2014 01:41 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Last year Google acquired an R&D biotech firm named Calico that's goal is stop aging and its associated diseases.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

I'm going to predict that the aging process and lifespan (not just expectancy) in humans is ultimately malleable. I'm also going to predict most of us will be dead before this makes a practical difference in our lives. But I could be wrong.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 09-08-2014

Also I really hate to have these dark realistic thoughts but:

West Coast and Gringuito are definitely in the right direction.

Imagine in the future what sugar daddy game would be like with the $ to offer women the ability to be young and have genetic perfection? Your status with women would be unreal and you could have an 18 year old looking harem of 8+ at all times as the rest of the world's wages are squeezed...

Quote: (09-08-2014 10:10 PM)poutsara Wrote:  

Quote: (06-08-2014 01:41 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Last year Google acquired an R&D biotech firm named Calico that's goal is stop aging and its associated diseases.

Calico is no joke. The main guys at Calico are a whose who of the OG Genentech guys. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

I'm going to predict that the aging process and lifespan (not just expectancy) in humans is ultimately malleable. I'm also going to predict most of us will be dead before this makes a practical difference in our lives. But I could be wrong.

Nope it's not a joke. Big players and big $ are getting involved.

People that are much smarter and much more accomplished in the arenas of tech and science than the average dude on this board have faith and the money is following. Those are good signs.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 09-15-2014

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101996691

Silicon Valley hedge fund manager specializing in the healthcare industry offers $1M prize to researchers that can reverse aging affects in mammals.

As a side note Aubrey de Grey already had helped start the Methuselah Foundation in 2003 which has given out $4M in research prize money for longevity.

http://www.mfoundation.org/about

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - solo - 09-27-2014

When (if ever) do you all reckon that this sort of technology will start to become available? As others have hinted, if it does it will probably be the next level, not just in game but in other areas too.

When (if ever) will it be possible to heal injuries, illnesses and other afflictions just by swallowing a batch of nano robots or undergoing some sort of gene therapy or such? I'm not talking about turning into another person, just being the best version of oneself.

Note I'm not asking when this will be widespread because by then it will be *required* to keep up with the game. I'm wondering when this next level of medicine will *start* to be available. So in a way I'm asking if we should all just drop whatever it is that we're doing now and focus on making more money because in x years down the line it will give anyone who undergoes this therapy such an advantage that it will blow everything else out the water.

I've gone from being a singularity enthusiast to somewhat of a sceptic about science and technology, myself. I also remember reading enthusiastically about genetic engineering in the late 90's but what has that actually yielded on the big scale 15 years later? This is 2014 and we can't even cure basic shit like allergic rhinitis, for instance. I think many pharmaceutical companies just want to make money and they can better do so by coming up with addictive pills that "alleviates" symptoms rather than an once-and-for-all cure.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Benoit - 10-23-2014

NY Times - What if Age is Nothing but a Mindset?
Quote:Quote:

The diagnosis itself, Langer says, primes the symptoms the patient expects to feel. “You change a word here or there, and you get vastly different results,” Langer says. She told me about a yet-to-be-published study she did in 2010 that found that breast-cancer survivors who described themselves as “in remission” were less functional and showed poorer general health and more pain than subjects who considered themselves “cured.”

So there will be no talk of cancer “victims,” nor anyone “fighting” a “chronic” disease. “When you’re saying ‘fighting,’ you’re already acknowledging the adversary is very powerful,” Langer says. " ‘Chronic’ is understood as ‘uncontrollable’ — and that’s not something anyone can know.”

Some very humanistic science here, compared to the sterile clinical tone of most studies.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 11-17-2014

@solo

The estimates are 30 years for the first solid round of treatments to vastly slow aging to a point if you were alive and under 70 you probably wouldn't have to worry about aging because as the treatments improved you'd be alive long enough to start reversing in age (i.e., enough cells rejuvenated and replaced).

More $ in the future for this would always be a great idea. The thing is though I think again, when they prove they can reverse the age of a 5 year old mouse back to 3 years old, this will become the most important issue on the planet for the next few centuries unless an asteroid is seen to hit the Earth. Again though, you could die falling down a flight of stairs, or get in a car accident. Death will always be around waiting.

The research for this is all about going to the root cause not curing symptoms after they appear.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 11-17-2014

1st Annual Rejuvenation Biology Conference held last week.

SENS.org (Aubrey de Grey's non-profit) is responsible for organizing it and their CEO gave the opening remarks.

There is 2 minutes at the end that shows how they are very direct in their aims and are getting smart about this by gathering a collective front of all sides of this issue to fast track progress. He mentions Big Pharma and Google (Calico) starting to get in the fight.

http://youtu.be/Ixsmgu8shRs?t=7m23s

Google's Calico website opens (this may become the most famous business entity in human history):

http://www.calicolabs.com/

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Drazen - 11-17-2014

I met deGrey a few months ago nice guy. Interested to hear more here as I didn't get to hear his talk as I was working at the conference

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - magicone - 04-06-2015

Peter Thiel (cofounder of Paypal and early investor in Facebook),
which I greatly admire, is also fully in this important life - changing
chance for a true revolution for us humans to stay alive
and enjoy being alive , without any need for pain, suffering or diseases
related to aging (which is not necessary):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/11...death.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/nationa...efy-death/

Oracle founder Larry Ellison has proclaimed his wish to live forever and donated more than $430 million to anti-aging research. “Death has never made any sense to me”.

Now of course, the biggest problem about this revolution in thinking and research,
is that there are still some people who are opposing life and being alive,
by saying that it is "unnatural". While it is clear that everyone should
choose for himself, and those who think this way should simply
choose to stop their lives, it is their business.

The same like we are surrounded by thousands of very "unnatural" things
like smartphones, internet, hospitals, airplanes which do not exist in "nature",
but all these are greatly improving
the quality of our lives.

All the unnatural things like smartphones, internet, hospitals, airplanes
were first received with hate and outrage by the large masses of uneducated population.

@Drazen, where did you meet Aubrey de Grey?

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - magicone - 04-13-2015

Also, what is very interesting is that if by curing aging and the main related aging diseases (Alzheimer, stroke, cancer and heart disease),
we would eliminate practically the top 4 causes of death worldwide.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Genghis Khan - 04-13-2015

I really like this thread, I'm still a bit skeptical about the entire idea of living for a very long time. But nevertheless sounds like a really interesting idea.

Here's a question though: what negative consequences (if any) will this have in relation to human nature?

1. Regarding boredom?
I know, personally I loved college. I really like what I'm doing now. But these are all phases, I wouldn't want to be in college for 10+ years. (Not saying living longer would mean 10 years of college). I just wonder if I'd get bored of life after 80-90 years? Maybe I'm lacking in imagination, but 200 years? Also, what would this imply for getting bangs. Roosh posted something a while back about getting bored regarding collecting notches. I imagine if you've been banging women for 80-100 years, it would get boring really fast.

2. Regarding maturity?
Some users here brought up how great it would be to have 90y people (who look 20y old) have kids. The reason being they would be incredibly mature? But would they be? I get the sense that the current 20-30 year olds are much less mature than their counterparts 50 years ago. Why would a 90 year old person who can live to 200 years necessarily be mature? I would imagine that in reality people would just hold off growing up for a very long time.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Benoit - 04-14-2015

Quote: (04-13-2015 04:00 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

1. Regarding boredom?
I know, personally I loved college. I really like what I'm doing now. But these are all phases, I wouldn't want to be in college for 10+ years. (Not saying living longer would mean 10 years of college). I just wonder if I'd get bored of life after 80-90 years? Maybe I'm lacking in imagination, but 200 years? Also, what would this imply for getting bangs. Roosh posted something a while back about getting bored regarding collecting notches. I imagine if you've been banging women for 80-100 years, it would get boring really fast.

People used to regularly die in their 30s, now they have productive lives past their 60s. This would open up new phases of life, beyond school-work-retire.

In my view, people have less sex as they age because:
a) they're not as physically capable
b) their hormone levels decline

Read the TRT stories on the forum for evidence of how simply boosting testosterone brings back the raging libido of youth. Now imagine combining that with a younger, healthier body too.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - magicone - 04-16-2015

1. Regarding "boredom":

people have the choice now to use airplanes (which are completely not natural)
or not use airplanes

people have the choice now to use smartphones (which are completely not natural)
or not use smartphones

people have the choice now to use internet (which is completely not natural)
or not use internet

the same like above, people can have the choice of living as much as they want

or stopping to live, everyone can choose for themselves

This, as every other progress of science and medicine, may look a little not natural,
and at the beginning raises some debates

2. Regarding "maturity": people will have more time to experience the beauty of life
and being alive.

The travel industry will grow, as our Earth is beautiful and has so many amazing places

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 04-16-2015

Quote: (04-13-2015 04:00 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

I really like this thread, I'm still a bit skeptical about the entire idea of living for a very long time. But nevertheless sounds like a really interesting idea.

Here's a question though: what negative consequences (if any) will this have in relation to human nature?

1. Regarding boredom?

2. Regarding maturity?
Some users here brought up how great it would be to have 90y people (who look 20y old) have kids. The reason being they would be incredibly mature? But would they be? I get the sense that the current 20-30 year olds are much less mature than their counterparts 50 years ago. Why would a 90 year old person who can live to 200 years necessarily be mature? I would imagine that in reality people would just hold off growing up for a very long time.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

1. I would repeat my freshman year in college for 10 years straight no problem maybe with some different students coming in and out.

Really 200 years you would be bored? Yes you need to increase your imagination

If you get bored of life you can take yourself out at anytime. At least there is choice in that rather than being eaten alive slowly by aging. Being an old sick person that is a burden to everyone around you is not a romantic way to go out.

2. This is an interesting point, I think "maturity" is just a packaging people say meaning get married, have a kid, get a mortgage. That term mostly a societal opinion. I think the vast majority of people as they age gain wisdom and more carefully evaluate and choose their actions, which is good for society.

---------

I have a hard time even comprehending how the majority of people think like this and come up with these questions.

I am a guy though who's favorite 2 months of my life was when I did not have a job and secured a great paid internship that started 2 months in the future while I was on summer break from grad school. I didn't have to do anything.

I loved it all I did was go to the beach, play music, workout, went out at night. My mood has never been better than those 2 months.

I am the opposite of a guy that would say "when I retire, I would get to the tropical island, read my book for 5 minutes, and say what now?". I don't understand those people and never will. They must have a genetic imperative to do labor (in the sense of running a modern day business or having a career that sucks up a large chunk of your life) and seem very fearful that labor could go away.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Samseau - 04-16-2015

I agree with you Travesty. Just about all work sucks. My dream job is no job

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Fortis - 04-16-2015

I don't mind if people live longer, I just don't want everyone living forever. Some people are just annoying.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - godfather dust - 04-16-2015

This shit is diabolical. The elites will be the only ones with access. I sincerely hope that this isn't possible, and if it is hopefully religious extremists violenty end the program.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Travesty - 04-17-2015

^ It's not diabolical.

I am glad to hear people fear this because I believe the logic De Grey uses is correct, and it is fearful because it seems possible. The human body is a machine, a very complicated one, but one we can repair and maintain with enough knowledge. It is just a shame all the other biologists studying aging before him were jerking off on lab rats or God knows what instead of actually dividing and conquering the big problem one small chip at a time.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned one of the main points of this thread is that this is going to happen whether the commoner wants it not.

It is better to spread word and be informed.

The ramifications of this will change the way everyone views life, death, and relationships.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - sixsix - 04-17-2015

It's not going to happen before the dumb masses, who are vastly outbreeding the sane few, wipe out any semblance of a modern society with scientific institutions.

We know so very little about (human) biology that we can't even pinpoint the genetic basis for body height, let alone for complex processes. We can surely find some ways to fight the symptoms, but that's it for now and for a long time.

There is no gene for X. A certain gene only has a function in the context of the entire genome, or, the function of a protein is not intrinsic but a product of the cellular environment where all the other constituents also are interdependent.

China has a better plan, and even that goes way too far for the ethical commissions of the West. They use a GWAS approach to find correlations between intelligence and certain genomic regions and have mapped thousands of genomes of highly intelligent people. The goal is to eventually be able to select an embryo, from multiple natural embryos of parents that want to conceive, that statistically would be the smartest.

They want to use evolution, not halt it (like stopping aging would achieve).

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - magicone - 04-22-2015

Quote: (04-16-2015 07:36 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I just don't want everyone living forever. Some people are just annoying.

The human brain can hardly understand what "forever" actually means.

Think on the reversed side: why would you ever want to be nothingness
(dead) forever? Why would you want to just be nothingness (to not exist) for the next billions and billions of years, for an infinite time?
Do you really dislike this world
so much, or maybe you dislike some people,
mainly because we humans are definitely imperfect.

Really, there is no reason any sane man who appreciates being alive,
to ever want to not exist at all.

"Annoying" is a biological discomfort because you offer your attention
to directions where you don´t have to. Those "annoying" people
you consider them this way only because you look in their direction.
You really don´t need to do that.

Everyone in a better world, should have the choice
if they want to live or not.

Quote: (04-16-2015 11:49 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

This shit is diabolical. The elites will be the only ones with access. I sincerely hope that this isn't possible, and if it is hopefully religious extremists violenty end the program.

You are blinded by hate and envy. People should be always able
to choose for themselves. Look at the elites now. Regular people
usually live around 60 - 65 years, while elites (Rockefeller,
kings, queens, George Bush, Ronald Reagan, Charles Munger,
Warren Buffet) live constantly above 85 years old, even above 100 years old, in quite good health.

And nobody has such agressive hate thoughts.

Old people are helping the world through their wisdom.

They were once cute babies, and the fact that they aged,
does not mean that they should be hated for it.

As human race, we can be more compassionate and empathic towards each other.

Quote: (04-17-2015 08:02 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

China has a better plan, and even that goes way too far for the ethical commissions of the West. They want to use evolution, not halt it (like stopping aging would achieve).

Evolution is the cruelest mother, which killed so far all of her children
(all the humans that ever lived and were born before 1890
are all of them already dead now).

Everyone can rather put their trust into internet, medical
research, curing aging research, stem cells technologies,
instead of just blindly be the brainwashed kamikaze soldiers
dying in the name of "evolution"

We are at the point in which we have the unique opportunity
to improve and have healthier lives, without diseases of the aging.

Humans have been in wars and killing each other for way too long time.

We can try something new, a celebration of being alive,
and staying alive, and focus on research against the disease of aging.

Science of Staying Young Forever - Google Is Now Involved - Old Fritz - 04-22-2015

One of the biggest reasons I am excited about this is because of how good this would be for space exploration. It takes a very long time to get through interstellar space. Let's look at the Alpha Centauri. It is the closest star system to the Solar System. Traveling at about 5% the speed of light would enable us to get there within 100 years. Faster methods of traversing space is being worked on now. We will likely have Mars and Lunar colonies before the middle of this century. We can reach the outer solar system and the kuiper belt before the end of the century. Too many factors can affect how quickly or slowly it could be done but it is possible.

Imagine how much more would be done if aging was never a problem. I can't fathom why anyone would be against aging. Our bodies would still be vulnerable to a number of things that could kill us. (Space can kill you in many ways) Your body just will never age or succumb to aging related diseases.