Roosh V Forum
Lifter's Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Lifter's Lounge (/thread-38933.html)

Lifter's Lounge - Lermontov - 09-30-2018

You could try hook grip. It can be uncomfortable for many but it's worth a shot to check it out.

If you don't plan to compete in powerlifting, I think there's no shame to use straps for your work sets.

Lifter's Lounge - kbell - 09-30-2018

Hit 10 reps with 35 lbs strapped to my waist on the chin up today . I do descending weight reps for about 30-40 reps. I'm hoping to hit 45 lbs before the end of the year. Only thing that might stop it is my joints.

Lifter's Lounge - Moses_ - 09-30-2018

Thanks for the feed back guys. I think I’ll start using my straps while i slowly introduce hook grip into my warm up. Although I alternate my mixed grip every workout straps seem to be the smarter choice.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-01-2018

@Lermontov - even if you do compete in PL you don't need to use mixed grip when training. Maybe for heavy singles just to replicate "competition conditions" and to get familiar with the grip, but you only have to pull 3 singles in a meet.

Lifter's Lounge - Benoit - 10-01-2018

Quote: (09-30-2018 10:02 PM)Moses_ Wrote:  

Thanks for the feed back guys. I think I’ll start using my straps while i slowly introduce hook grip into my warm up. Although I alternate my mixed grip every workout straps seem to be the smarter choice.

Take it slow with hook grip.

You're unlikely to injure yourself, but it hurts like fuck when you're building up the weights. After a few weeks there will be much less pain post-training.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-02-2018

Quote: (09-13-2018 02:45 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

@2:52 is me.

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 10-02-2018

Anyone follow Berkhan's instagram? I wanted to check it out today and I was really surprised about his persona. He is pretty much bully douchebag as far as it gets whose staple is insulting other guys mothers. Unbelievable how someone this popular in the fitness industry can be so unpleasant.

Lifter's Lounge - the-dream - 10-02-2018

I'm a beginner. Is working out 3x a week enough to make good gains? (one day legs, one day arms, one day chest and core). Plus playing football 2x per week.

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 10-02-2018

Go for full body 3x per week. Most optimal system for drug free newbie lifter. Routines such as starting strength, stronglifts and greyskull are all good options. All of these will give you some initial strength gains but not large amount of mass. Doesn't matter really as they are excellent foundation for whatever goals you will have later.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-02-2018

@the-dream - read one/two pages back we had a discussion about this.

Lifter's Lounge - StrikeBack - 10-02-2018

Since I got married (and with tons of work/business), I had not been able to train with my PL club as the session times were too late for me. Recently they introduced new early sessions in the late afternoon which suit me perfectly. It's so good being able to train with proper equipment again, and also good to have people lift heavy around me when I'm going for a big set.

I've been keeping up with squat and bench so no problem there but I haven't been able to deadlift in regular gyms so I'm rebuilding my deadlift from light weight up. So far, because I use hook grip, it feels more like a thumb lift than dead lift! The weight feels light but it's like my thumbs are doing all the work. Can't wait to pull in the 200kg+ range again.

Lifter's Lounge - godfather dust - 10-02-2018

Cleared to test upper body at physical therapy after months.

Bench felt great, pulldown not so much so did 3 sets of low weight bench and will be bringing it back to my workouts (great because while my arms look good from muscle memory or whatever a little too jelly at the moment.)

Lifter's Lounge - MOVSM - 10-05-2018

Here's two workouts for you.

[Image: attachment.jpg40226]   
[Image: attachment.jpg40227]   

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 10-06-2018

I don't know who the author is, but this is pure genius.

Lifter's Lounge - Ski pro - 10-08-2018

Feels so good to be in the gym regularly.

Just got back. In between sets I added up total weight lifted/moved around in this mornings session.

Came to over 4100kgs.

Be curious to see what some of you guys total numbers are.

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 10-08-2018

Do you count warmup sets also? If so, couple of times I did 15 tons because I did leg presses and shrugs. But since that was mucking around with routine I used I threw them away soon. Currently I am averaging on about 6 tons (leangains RPT routine).

Quote: (10-08-2018 04:40 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Do you count warmup sets also? If so, couple of times I did 15 tons because I did leg presses and shrugs. But since that was mucking around with routine I used I threw them away soon. Currently I am averaging on about 6 tons (leangains RPT routine).

Dunno. I just added up everything that I lifted up or moved. Today I did bench, deadlift, squat and farmers carry.

As a warm up I do leg raises, back curls and some plyometric ski related stuff.

By the way, i’m Not bragging, I was just amazed at what it added up to.

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 10-08-2018

Personal training coach, which is app I use, calculates daily workout volume and even displays chart so you can see increase/decrease over time. Check it out if you want.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-08-2018

Quote: (10-08-2018 04:18 AM)Ski pro Wrote:  

As in weight * reps?

If so, my last workout I "lifted" a total of 15,265 lbs (~7,000 kg). This was a bench press + accessories workout, no squats or deadlifts. I also didn't count my dips as they were just body weight.

Quote: (10-08-2018 10:06 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (10-08-2018 04:18 AM)Ski pro Wrote:  

As in weight * reps?

If so, my last workout I "lifted" a total of 15,265 lbs (~7,000 kg). This was a bench press + accessories workout, no squats or deadlifts. I also didn't count my dips as they were just body weight.

Yes. Weight x reps

Your bench day is 7000kg? Serious. Wow

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-08-2018

Just a lot of volume in there. I did close grip bench press 4 sets of 8 @ 86 kg, the incline DB press, DB rows, etc. I went heavy-sh on the DB work too. Trying to really get some results with this programming cycle.

Lifter's Lounge - Rhyme or Reason - 10-09-2018

I started making lifting a part of my life routine about 8 months ago...i'm glad I did. I got somewhat of a late start at 31, though.

I've learned a decent amount in the meantime, but my weakness seems to be consistency.

There's periods of a month here or there where i'm hitting it daily and eating a fuckton of protein / and in general seem to be 'on' with it But then I drink and party for a few days, not get good rest, my appetite crashes, and its almost like starting from scratch

The slightest thing can throw off my diet/ lifting schedule.

It seems like I'll have to make it my number 1 priority for a long period of time to see any real gains....just like anything, i suppose.

I need to get really motivated!

Lifter's Lounge - Ski pro - 10-09-2018

Quote: (10-08-2018 02:44 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Just a lot of volume in there. I did close grip bench press 4 sets of 8 @ 86 kg, the incline DB press, DB rows, etc. I went heavy-sh on the DB work too. Trying to really get some results with this programming cycle.

My max for bench is 3 x 80. That area of my body seems so weak compared to what I can generate with squat and deadlift. Perhaps it’s the same for everyone

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 10-09-2018

Quote: (10-09-2018 05:26 AM)Ski pro Wrote:  

My max for bench is 3 x 80. That area of my body seems so weak compared to what I can generate with squat and deadlift. Perhaps it’s the same for everyone

When it comes to "the big three" I find that in general most people tend to not be equally well-rounded. Usually you have a particular lift you're real good at, and/or one you really lag at. Sometimes it just comes down to physiology.

My worst lift is my squat. My best could be my bench. You might also find these things change over time. When I was starting out my deadlift was my best, but then I got a lot better at bench with some technique and training improvements.

It's also important to note, generally bench (or any press really) is the slowest to gain simply because you use so few muscles and much smaller muscles compared to squat and deadlift.

Lifter's Lounge - Ski pro - 10-09-2018

Quote: (10-09-2018 10:07 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (10-09-2018 05:26 AM)Ski pro Wrote:  

When it comes to "the big three" I find that in general most people tend to not be equally well-rounded. Usually you have a particular lift you're real good at, and/or one you really lag at. Sometimes it just comes down to physiology.

My worst lift is my squat. My best could be my bench. You might also find these things change over time. When I was starting out my deadlift was my best, but then I got a lot better at bench with some technique and training improvements.

It's also important to note, generally bench (or any press really) is the slowest to gain simply because you use so few muscles and much smaller muscles compared to squat and deadlift.

Thanks for the info. It stands to reason that the squat is my best.

On a different note, my chiropractor told me to lay off the deadlifts and interval sprints for a while whilst he fixes my ankle. I’m gutted. I love deadlifts.