Roosh V Forum
The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge (/thread-54749.html)

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Repo - 12-15-2017

It's a niche clothing product with the main target women of all ages. My rough idea would to use some of all of the above, with a heavy social media focus.

Right now if I do a web search, sites like Kohl's or Target come up first. But neither really covers the niche well at all. I possible could add a storefront in Amazon as well. Still brainstorming. Initially maybe I could dropship other people's products while I optimize the site, with a final goal of creating my own brand. I think their is heavy potential to bundle this product with related items.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - meetjoeblack - 12-16-2017

Currently, I am reading, Zero to One. I've been binge reading a lot and looking to put a lot more time into my start-up. I feel like I could just sit back, wait for retirement like most people but, I want more out of this life. I am seeking to reinvent the wheel. I don't want to follow the beaten path. After reading a ton, I regretfully admitted, I am not closer so, I started to familiarize myself with Sanskrit and I began to meditate religiously. I wanted to tap into other parts of my brain and further explore both consciousness and self-knowledge. I found a series of 250 free Udemy courses. Most are throw away but, it is helping me get the motivational juices flowing. I am finishing up Neil Patels' advanced marketing program. It is fantastic. Finally, I wanted to seek a drastically different path of consciousness. Initially, I wanted to partake in a traveling to Peru and doing the tea ceremony with a Shaman. Gladly, I would be open to go with a partner in crime, LTR gf or buddies and alternatively, go solo. Then again, having zero psychedelic experiences, I began reading about DMT the spirit molecule by Rick Strassman, works of Terrence Mckenna, and a variety of others. I began tripping. I found myself in a different place of consciousness. A recent experience with DMT brought me to a level of gratitude. I am reminded that, in the grand scheme of things, very little matters.

I am ready to put this insight to work.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - meetjoeblack - 12-16-2017

Quote: (12-15-2017 08:51 AM)Repo Wrote:  

It's a niche clothing product with the main target women of all ages. My rough idea would to use some of all of the above, with a heavy social media focus.

Right now if I do a web search, sites like Kohl's or Target come up first. But neither really covers the niche well at all. I possible could add a storefront in Amazon as well. Still brainstorming. Initially maybe I could dropship other people's products while I optimize the site, with a final goal of creating my own brand. I think their is heavy potential to bundle this product with related items.

https://www.spyfu.com

There are others you can use to get the drop on your competitors.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Repo - 12-16-2017

Geez Joe didn't last long. Thanks for that link if you are still reading this.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 01-08-2018

I think there is an opportunity to re-do almost all of the basics in everyday american life for entrepreneurs with enough capital. My theory is this, JCP, Sears, Target etc have ruined the quality in the basic tshirt, razor, etc, as all they have cared about is china priced acquisitions to fund their massive fraud debt bubble disguised as a store.

Like the underwear being advertised on am radio, the no tuck shirts etc. And if you win at this game you are an acquisition target.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - greekgod - 01-09-2018

Quote: (01-08-2018 08:18 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

I think there is an opportunity to re-do almost all of the basics in everyday american life for entrepreneurs with enough capital. My theory is this, JCP, Sears, Target etc have ruined the quality in the basic tshirt, razor, etc, as all they have cared about is china priced acquisitions to fund their massive fraud debt bubble disguised as a store.

Like the underwear being advertised on am radio, the no tuck shirts etc. And if you win at this game you are an acquisition target.

Whole heartedly agree.

If you look at Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, Purple Mattress, Bonobos, etc, etc..they basically just picked one specific area and streamlined the product ecosystem in their offering. Yes, midscale men's clothing and eyewear need more options than a razor category. Nonetheless, they took a vulture approach to the huge monolith. It's going to keep happening. Every large consumer name will die death of thousand cuts on a similar model.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 01-09-2018

Quote: (01-09-2018 04:02 PM)greekgod Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2018 08:18 PM)Off The Reservation Wrote:  

Whole heartedly agree.

If you look at Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, Purple Mattress, Bonobos, etc, etc..they basically just picked one specific area and streamlined the product ecosystem in their offering. Yes, midscale men's clothing and eyewear need more options than a razor category. Nonetheless, they took a vulture approach to the huge monolith. It's going to keep happening. Every large consumer name will die death of thousand cuts on a similar model.

as they well deserve...

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - tomzestatlu - 01-10-2018

I have a question for experienced enrepreneurs.
Let´s say you have some online bussiness idea. And you need to involve other people like coders or some smaller investor. How do you ensure yourself, that they won´t steal you the idea? I am talking about building online stuff, that means they probably live on the other side of the world and you never meet them.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - H1N1 - 01-10-2018

Where you source from, and indeed where you sell to, is an important business decision. You are asking how to have your cake and eat it to. You cannot generally do this. You can pay for non-critical work to be done cheaply by Eastern European/Indian/etc, who NDAs and non-competes will be worthless with, or you can hire someone from your own jurisdiction with whom those documents will hold up.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 01-10-2018

Whats the idea?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - buja - 01-11-2018

Quote: (01-10-2018 03:42 PM)tomzestatlu Wrote:  

I have a question for experienced entrepreneurs.
Let´s say you have some online business idea. And you need to involve other people like coders or some smaller investor. How do you ensure yourself, that they won´t steal you the idea? I am talking about building online stuff, that means they probably live on the other side of the world and you never meet them.

Ideas are cheap.
Ideas don't make money.
Stealing an "idea" is nothing to worry about.

It takes a lot of work to turn an idea into reality.
Almost all people won't do it.

Some coder on the other side of the world will not have the desire or the knowledge or the experience to turn an idea into reality.

If someone else has a business with the same idea as yours...that is a good thing because it means that there is a market for it.

If you execute well, people will like the way that you do it and you will have customers.

Many people had the idea for a user-generated video website.
YouTube executed it the best.
Google could have easily copied YouTube's "idea" but instead they bought YouTube.

Google tried to copy Facebook's "idea" and all they got was Google Plus.

Get to work and get customers...

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - TheGoldenJew - 01-11-2018

I'm self-employed with an LLC. No employees. I just asked my accountant if the new tax bill would help lower my tax rate. He said I might receive some business tax benefit. Would be great but not counting on it.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 01-11-2018

How hard is it to setup a Shopify (online shop page) without any web development experience?

I have a verified mailing list of almost 300 guys that i need to send to a webpage to purchase items if they are interested in them.

So I would like to just upload pictures and descriptions to the page (similar to eBay) and if they are interested they can either contact me or purchase right then and there through Paypal.

I dont need or want the page to come up in google search results. The shop is more for my private mailing list customers.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Ski pro - 01-11-2018

Quote: (12-16-2017 02:19 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Geez Joe didn't last long. Thanks for that link if you are still reading this.

Yes, that's a really useful site

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - greekgod - 01-11-2018

Quote: (01-11-2018 02:24 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

How hard is it to setup a Shopify (online shop page) without any web development experience?

I have a verified mailing list of almost 300 guys that i need to send to a webpage to purchase items if they are interested in them.

So I would like to just upload pictures and descriptions to the page (similar to eBay) and if they are interested they can either contact me or purchase right then and there through Paypal.

I dont need or want the page to come up in google search results. The shop is more for my private mailing list customers.

you can do it over a weekend. Easily. Write out your page layout first Create your copy so by the time its up and running you're building the web lay out as opposed to creating content, designing the structure, and building the color schemes/links.

It may be a bit ugly at first. You'll mess it up. That's okay.

Just sign up and play around for a few hours. You don't have to launch it rithin 2 hours of signing up.

Once you go live, use hotjar as plugin so you can wath your visitors behavior and clicks. Very useful.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 01-11-2018

Quote: (01-11-2018 03:28 PM)greekgod Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2018 02:24 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

you can do it over a weekend. Easily. Write out your page layout first Create your copy so by the time its up and running you're building the web lay out as opposed to creating content, designing the structure, and building the color schemes/links.

It may be a bit ugly at first. You'll mess it up. That's okay.

Just sign up and play around for a few hours. You don't have to launch it rithin 2 hours of signing up.

Once you go live, use hotjar as plugin so you can wath your visitors behavior and clicks. Very useful.

Fantastic! Now I know what Ill be doing in the coming week!

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Sidney Crosby - 01-15-2018

I've recently gotten into outsourcing work lately. I paid some Latina on Upwork $65 for something that probably would have taken me two days, plus she is more knowledgable on this subject. I haven't received the work yet but I'm expecting good results and she has great feedback.

In the past I was kind of obsessed with doing everything myself, but it often never got done. If I can find a few more of these girls I should be able to get any project done at rapid speed, and cheaply.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Sidney Crosby - 01-15-2018

I have a plan to build an iPhone/Android app, does anyone know of any overseas developers that you would recommend? I plan on charging a few dollars for the app just to try and recoup the costs of development and then I'd benefit from tying the apps features into the website I'm working on.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Statesman - 01-17-2018

Ever get those days where you literally don't/can't get any work done?

I'll wake up, go through my routine, load up my work and then... nothing. The brain just doesn't work. In fact, it does the opposite and seems to constantly pull me away from anything positive.

Usually happens after a really productive week. Fuck, it's annoying.

Ah well, tomorrow's a new day.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - worldwidetraveler - 01-17-2018

Quote: (01-17-2018 02:10 PM)Statesman Wrote:  

I'll wake up, go through my routine, load up my work and then... nothing. The brain just doesn't work. In fact, it does the opposite and seems to constantly pull me away from anything positive.

Yep, I just went through a little bit of that over the holidays. I still work, but when productivity is low I try to do more mindless tasks. That and getting some fresh air, exercising, sleep, etc... more time away from the computer.

The harder I try to push through it the worst it becomes so I just chalk it up to needing a break.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Sidney Crosby - 01-17-2018

Just started running a paid twitter follower/unfollower thing. Seems pretty useful and only $12 a month. My twitter gains kind of stalled out and it lets you target your followers pretty well and lets you cut the dead weight and people that aren't following you back.

I'm at 8600 followers now and my goal is 15k by the end of the month.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 01-18-2018

Quote: (01-17-2018 02:10 PM)Statesman Wrote:  

Happens to me in waves, usually more than a day. I am working on a new schedule / outcome based planning to try to prevent this.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Malone - 01-19-2018

Quote: (01-17-2018 04:44 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Just started running a paid twitter follower/unfollower thing. Seems pretty useful and only $12 a month. My twitter gains kind of stalled out and it lets you target your followers pretty well and lets you cut the dead weight and people that aren't following you back.

I'm at 8600 followers now and my goal is 15k by the end of the month.

Which one? I used crowdfireapp for a while and dropped it. Buggy as fuck.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - buja - 01-23-2018

Quote: (03-06-2017 03:46 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

I always wondered who made these things.

I've always wondered why some people think they are so smart for stating the obvious.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - CleanSlate - 01-24-2018

For the past month or so, business has been slow.

I'm kicking off a marketing campaign with emails, social media posts, google ads, facebook ads, and basically throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Hopefully I'll be in a better position 2-3 months from now, after all this marketing.