Roosh V Forum
Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! (/thread-9826.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - mhnd - 03-12-2017

Quote: (03-10-2017 02:07 PM)qwertyuiop Wrote:  

Quote: (03-10-2017 01:27 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

I'm finally going back to mudlogging after a 2 year 'break'. I'll be in Oklahoma back to making $300-400 a day doing 24 hour shifts. A smaller contractor lets me stay out there the whole time instead of 12 hr shifts.

I'm putting all the money into finishing my auto-logger technology. Already sunk about 60k into it and it ended up me living in my mom's basement from 28-30 yrs old. My family was just ripping into me incessantly about money, and why I'd spent all my earnings on a business gamble. Men without money are undoubtedly the bottom of the foodchain. The disrespect from other people is unreal. A man without money you don't exist to society that's for damn sure.

I have noticed this. If I have money it's great and people love me. The minute something happens everyone hates me, even when I was in college.

Have you tried gettings appts with baker or Halliburton lately? I know Halliburton just picked up a ton of frack hands.

Disco congrats on the return and don't sweat the family shit tests, that's just life. Taking a business gamble is a growth experience that most people do not have the balls to go for. Keep up the grind and just wrap it up when fucking the corn fed chicks in Oklahoma.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 03-14-2017

Well, Syncrude just blew up (again), just in time for shut down season boyzzz $$$$$: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/explosion-f...-1.3324966

Unforunately a process engineer was injured, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MistaaJack - 03-15-2017

Just my luck... Came up for 2 days and it was on fire. Hopefully theres going to be some work for Ironworkers

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - redbeard - 03-18-2017

Sponsored Facebook Post:

Quote:Quote:

Key Energy Services is offering immediate relocation opportunities for land-based Workover Rig Floorhands, Derrickhands, Rig Operators, and Mechanics in Odessa, TX and Hobbs, NM.
Bring your current Resume and complete an application to interview with one of our hiring managers on the spot.
Tuesday March 28, 2017
9AM to 3PM
3670-2A North L Street, 2nd Floor, Pensacola, FL
Apply online at http://www.keyenergy.com/careers
Key Energy Services is a drug-free workplace, EOE

[Image: bgza9.gif]

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - ShotgunUppercuts - 03-18-2017

I'd apply if I had the means to travel there for an interview.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lateapex - 03-19-2017

Key energy doesn't pay shit for work over rigs. Work over rig pay is shit in general.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Jnx - 03-31-2017

Looking to work for a year straight, need a stacked bank account. Any of my isolated bros have any extra tips for staying sane? Longest I've gone is 4 months.

(working offshore on ships, similar lifestyle)

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 04-01-2017

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended!), I'm working for 4-5 weeks straight in a work camp north of Fort Mac, it may even extend longer. I was told I'll be in camp for 5 months this year bit its not too bad as I'll have a month off in July to break it up. I suggest working out, eating healthy and getting lots of sleep, those are the most important. I brought books to read, some self study material and a bright light which I use every morning.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Blackpill - 04-06-2017

Do any of you guys have any tips for an outsider to try and get a foot in the door here? Looking for information on all opportunities, any information with one with no experience or contacts in the field. Thank you in advance.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - qwertyuiop - 04-08-2017

Quote: (04-06-2017 07:18 AM)Blackpill Wrote:  

Do any of you guys have any tips for an outsider to try and get a foot in the door here? Looking for information on all opportunities, any information with one with no experience or contacts in the field. Thank you in advance.

Drive to midland texas and/or North dakota and walk into oil companies until someone hires you.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Jack Of All Trades - 04-08-2017

It's gona be a lot harder to get in now, best way is to hit up family and friends or anybody who works or knows someone in the industry. It may have recovered but the days of 100$ oil it isn't.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lateapex - 04-09-2017

If you get your CDL you can get hired by a third party temp to permanent contractor for Schlumberger. Schlumberger does hair follicle drug testing, and I've seen quite a few companies going in that direction as well.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lateapex - 04-09-2017

Quite a few companies are hiring right now but the pay isn't what it used to be.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - theking - 04-10-2017

Right now its busy season for sure. I'm up at syncrude and there's tons of shutdown work going on all over Alberta. Long term who know what will happen up here though. Almost all unions have taken away double time which is a huge blow to our paychecks. There should be a lot of work starting up in Ontario shortly in the nuclear plants for people with the right qualifications/security clearance.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 04-10-2017

^I'm still getting double after ten, Saturdays are 1.5X for the first eight on Saturday (double after, used to be all double) and Sundays are all double. I'm on twelve hour shifts working a 6/1 rotation, I'm booked pretty solid until November, hopefully I'll have a couple of weeks off this summer. Its pretty busy in the Mac for ticketed guys, I heard that the Syncrude shut down expanded from six to twelve weeks.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Cattle Rustler - 04-10-2017

Quote: (04-09-2017 10:57 PM)Lateapex Wrote:  

If you get your CDL you can get hired by a third party temp to permanent contractor for Schlumberger. Schlumberger does hair follicle drug testing, and I've seen quite a few companies going in that direction as well.

Are you talking about the ProgressiveGE guys? Their benefits change often. Sometimes they offer housing and at other times they won't. I think SLB still have some recruiting thru ElWood though.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - theking - 04-13-2017

Quote: (04-10-2017 07:35 AM)scotian Wrote:  

^I'm still getting double after ten, Saturdays are 1.5X for the first eight on Saturday (double after, used to be all double) and Sundays are all double. I'm on twelve hour shifts working a 6/1 rotation, I'm booked pretty solid until November, hopefully I'll have a couple of weeks off this summer. Its pretty busy in the Mac for ticketed guys, I heard that the Syncrude shut down expanded from six to twelve weeks.

Yes the Syncrude shutdown will be a long one. I'm guessing it depends on the trade but all union scaffolders,boilermakers, and pipefitters have had their double time taken away except for specific jobs. The reasoning behind it being that it's hard for union companies to compete with non-union. Not sure how much merit there is to that.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - scotian - 04-13-2017

^Too many TFWs and scabby shit heads who would cross a picket line in a heart beat working for JV Driver, Ledcor, etc. Also can't forget the greasy east coaster dicks with $150,000 homes who think $30 and paid flights is a great deal, which I guess it is compared to the welfare wages they get back there.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - theking - 04-14-2017

Very true. I guess we'll see how this plays out in the future. Wages might be lower the next couple years but I believe they'll eventually go up. Still good money either way but it's sad to see things slowly getting rolled back.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Lateapex - 04-14-2017

Yeah, ProgressiveGE mainly, but there's others like Elwood hiring for SLB since they're having a hard time getting experienced guys for the pay they're offering. They had to start offering housing for the Permian because no one wants to move to West Texas. For other yards like San Antonio and OKC I can see why they're not offering housing. Can vary by division (Frac, coil, and wireline) as whether or not they offer housing and the profit margins for each division vary quite a bit.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MistaaJack - 07-25-2017

Hows everyone doing? Seems like this post has been long forgotten haha. I've been out of the field since end of march. But looks like things are picking up!

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Cattle Rustler - 07-25-2017

Quote: (04-14-2017 10:31 PM)Lateapex Wrote:  

Yeah, ProgressiveGE mainly, but there's others like Elwood hiring for SLB since they're having a hard time getting experienced guys for the pay they're offering. They had to start offering housing for the Permian because no one wants to move to West Texas. For other yards like San Antonio and OKC I can see why they're not offering housing. Can vary by division (Frac, coil, and wireline) as whether or not they offer housing and the profit margins for each division vary quite a bit.

Where are you? If you're in Midland, beer on me.

It's weird how the climate has turned lately. In March - May, they would hired anyone with a heartbeat. In June they would hire if you had a CDL permit. Now (July) some places stopped hiring or will only hire with a CDL AND Experience. Glad to have gotten in by a hair.

Elwood is not hiring until August and Progressive is wants experience folks who are willing to go Colorado, Midessa, and NoDak each rotation. Not worried tho, winter is coming and the Texas boys there will quit so spots will open up.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Kdog - 07-25-2017

Seems like there are tons of places hiring. I searched up the old line of work I used to do in the patch and some entry level gigs are back up and being advertised. Good to see. I was almost thinking of coming back for the rest of the year, I have since remembered I no longer have any of my tickets haha. Bastards only last 3 years, what a cash grab. What can you forget about H2S in 3 years?
Hope everyone out there is doing well.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - Laurifer - 07-25-2017

Was wondering what all you lesbians have been up to.

For myself, I just started a job this month and will be working rotations contracting at an oil sands site near Ft. Mac. I've heard talk that my company's booked here for around 5 months. Sitting here in camp right now on standby.

Seems to be lots of hiring going on here in Alberta.

Working in the Canadian oil sands: 6 figures in 6 months! - MistaaJack - 07-25-2017

Quote: (07-25-2017 10:32 AM)Laurifer Wrote:  

Was wondering what all you lesbians have been up to.

For myself, I just started a job this month and will be working rotations contracting at an oil sands site near Ft. Mac. I've heard talk that my company's booked here for around 5 months. Sitting here in camp right now on standby.

Seems to be lots of hiring going on here in Alberta.

What type of gig are you doing up in the mac?