Roosh V Forum
Lifter's Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Lifter's Lounge (/thread-38933.html)

Lifter's Lounge - Sidney Crosby - 09-08-2017

First time doing OHP today, need to work on my form a bit but the stronglifts page should help me work it out. I've been doing a lot of cable raises for my shoulders so I should switch it up a bit.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 09-08-2017

Watch this tutorial on OHP form:

Lifter's Lounge - sonoran_ - 09-09-2017

60 kg vs 260 kg....

Size is everything. Too bad im on the side of the 60 kg guy

Lifter's Lounge - Cr33pin - 09-11-2017

My cardio is softer than baby shit..... this little machine kicks my ass
[Image: 2740bd8717f15e49f6a55c5cdda24555--exerci...ipment.jpg]

Lifter's Lounge - realologist - 09-11-2017

I've shifted to a lot of single leg moves instead of heavy squats. My legs have blown up and the bigger deal, my back feels a lot better. I don't have to dedicate 15-20 minutes to decompress it after a squat workout to make it feel that way too.

Lifter's Lounge - H1N1 - 09-11-2017

Quote: (09-09-2017 07:22 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

60 kg vs 260 kg....

Size is everything. Too bad im on the side of the 60 kg guy

It counts for a lot less when there is no referee. You wouldn't want to have a fair fight with a WSM competitor, or anyone with 50lbs+ of muscle on you, for sure. That said, if there's no rules, and only one of you is going home more or less intact, then the effective deployment of a force multiplier can be a great equaliser. Even very large people typically have the skulls similarly as thick as yours, and bones exposed that are still susceptible to strikes from blunt objects.

Skill and conditioning, and outright aggression are significantly more important than size/strength in real combat (though size and strength are still desirable). If you find yourself in a fair fight with a guy that much bigger than you then you have made a lot of bad choices leading up to that point, and will have ample opportunity to reflect on them from your hospital bed.

Lifter's Lounge - sonoran_ - 09-11-2017

Then it just turns into a David vs Goliath scenario. The small guy must find that hidden weakness of the giant and exploit it very efficiently.
If he can't, all the big guy has to do is make a little contact with him (touch, push, grab, hold etc.) And it's basically over.

Reminds me of WWE when I used to watch as a kid. It's like a big Show vs Rey Mysterio match up lol.

Lifter's Lounge - H1N1 - 09-12-2017

Quote: (09-11-2017 11:43 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  

Then it just turns into a David vs Goliath scenario. The small guy must find that hidden weakness of the giant and exploit it very efficiently.
If he can't, all the big guy has to do is make a little contact with him (touch, push, grab, hold etc.) And it's basically over.

Reminds me of WWE when I used to watch as a kid. It's like a big Show vs Rey Mysterio match up lol.

Blunt force trauma to the head, knees, ankles, clavicals, sternum etc is the 'hidden weakness' of all large men [Image: wink.gif] . It is simply a case of whether you have the skill, aggression and conditioning (and force multiplier) to deliver it.

Lifter's Lounge - sterling_archer - 09-15-2017

Need help regarding barbell.

I bought 180 cm (6 feet) long bar which weighs about 10 kg (around 21 lb) with 28 mm sleeves. Question is how much weight could bar of this type endure? I don't know because I didn't get any specifications with it.

Lifter's Lounge - pheonix500000 - 09-15-2017

Quote: (09-15-2017 06:03 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Need help regarding barbell.

I bought 180 cm (6 feet) long bar which weighs about 10 kg (around 21 lb) with 28 mm sleeves. Question is how much weight could bar of this type endure? I don't know because I didn't get any specifications with it.

This should help.

I enjoyed the video and answer is apparently "shitload of weight". Btw, my bar costs 24$ and in this price range on Amazon I see that number of 250 lb is mentioned as max capacity.
Maybe 250 lb is number on which bar starts to flex as it sounds a bit low, especially when I put steel properties into consideration.

Lifter's Lounge - Benoit - 09-15-2017

Quote: (09-15-2017 07:39 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

I enjoyed the video and answer is apparently "shitload of weight". Btw, my bar costs 24$ and in this price range on Amazon I see that number of 250 lb is mentioned as max capacity.
Maybe 250 lb is number on which bar starts to flex as it sounds a bit low, especially when I put steel properties into consideration.

The video is a bit misleading, it features a 'broken' olympic size 20kg barbell with 2" sleeves, if yours is 10kg with 1" sleeves it's going to be nowhere near as strong.

If it's a solid bar and not a screw-together one, I'd expect it to show some serious flex around the 100kg mark.

It should be fine if you avoid dropping it while it's heavily loaded, and even then you're more likely to bend it than have it fail catastrophically.

But as always, it's your life on the line so trust your instincts - if you get a bad feeling then take a good hard look.

Sleeves are 28 mm, so a bit over an inch. Its not a screw together one and I didn't know these actually existed. I never drop weights at home as I have wooden floor. But question than remains, what is it good for? OHP, bench and rows?

Actually, its not really a big deal. As you can see it was dirt cheap and it will serve me some time until I invest into proper olympic bar with a certificate. I am collecting piece by piece equipment to make a home gym. Next year my projects will probably be squat rack (or cage) and making new plates and after some time I will be fully equipped.

Lifter's Lounge - Uruz - 09-16-2017

I don't get surprised by stuff much anymore, but this was interesting.

I am doing my deadlifts here in some Santo Domingo gym and when I am up with the bar, some dude starts to yell "Hey, hey, hey!" so I freeze and look around, and what do I see? I fucking puppy under the plates, if I haven't been out of the gym for two weeks and haven't had there lower weight I would not be holding it with such ease and as result crush the 2-3 months old puppy. Dude comes, picks it up and goes to the treadmill room.

What the fuck, why someone takes a puppy into a gym. When the shocking element is not that much anymore, only thing that's left is the ridiculousness of it.

Lifter's Lounge - Mekorig - 09-18-2017

A puppy? Maybe he was taking it somewere else and have to hit the gym before it? I have seem a cat napping in one gym once. The motherfucker was sleeping well even with all the clanking and noise.

Lifter's Lounge - str8_thggn - 09-19-2017

Is anyone here an expert on Olympic weightlifting? I want to get into it but don't know if I have enough flexibility. My squat and dl are decent but i want to become more explosive. Any advice on how to get started would be appreciated.

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 09-19-2017

Yeah, get a coach.

Lifter's Lounge - Lordless - 09-20-2017

I'm frustrated with my new gym time. The only time I can go is in the later afternoon, and my entire workout is being hindered by Gym Thots. Then I found this video, describes them perfectly:

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 09-20-2017

Can't get through any of those MGTOW videos because their bitterness and rank dislike for women is just depressing.

Gym hoes are awesome, just extremely distracting. That's why I go to a dingy warehouse gym that is just dirty dusty weights, no AC, and 90% dudes.

Lifter's Lounge - redbeard - 09-21-2017

Quote: (09-20-2017 07:30 AM)Lordless Wrote:  

I'm frustrated with my new gym time. The only time I can go is in the later afternoon, and my entire workout is being hindered by Gym Thots. Then I found this video, describes them perfectly:

Why do you let other people affect your workouts?

You need Gorilla Mindset.

Lifter's Lounge - scotian - 09-21-2017

^Try staying focused at a gym in Colombia where girls with huge fake asses are doing squats and other butt enhancing exercises all over the place. I'm with GS, I prefer shitty gyms that are all guys.

Lifter's Lounge - Lordless - 09-21-2017

Quote: (09-21-2017 12:45 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Why do you let other people affect your workouts?

You need Gorilla Mindset.

By 'hinder' I meant in the way of occupying machines I require, on top of them being hounded by thirsty hands-on helpers. Spawns crowds around the best machines, especially during primetime.

Quote: (09-21-2017 02:00 PM)scotian Wrote:  

^Try staying focused at a gym in Colombia where girls with huge fake asses are doing squats and other butt enhancing exercises all over the place. I'm with GS, I prefer shitty gyms that are all guys.

They're only distracting when they approach me for fitness advice they're bound to refuse. I can withstand the exposed cleavage or voluptuous titty, but being bothered for machine tutorials or dietary analysis is a nuisance. The Gym Thots try to befriend anyone who's remotely swole; I'll practice being less polite.

Supplement Stack:
Added two new supplements to my stack. One for Creatine, and the other for general health benefits. I've stopped taking my Zinc Supplement and increased my intake of Multivitamin + Greens to the recommended dosage. So far a full scoop of Creatine just makes me shit curry. I've cut the dosage down to 1/2 scoop and toss it in my pre-workout Protein Shake instead of water.

Current Stack:
Health IQ (3x per day)
Fish Oil (2x per day)
Multivitamin + Greens (2x per day)
Creamore (1/2 scoop before workout)
Isoflex(2x total before/after workout)

I'm less sore with this stack, very convenient since I've recently refined my workout. Noticing more lean muscle and visible cuts across my External Obliques since taking more of the Greens product. Nearly done with the Health IQ supplement and I'd prefer keeping it on a cycle. Open to suggestions in to replacement it while I'm cycling it out.

Lifter's Lounge - Repo - 09-22-2017

Right now I wear chucks for squats but am debating getting lifting shoes. The Adidas 3.1s seem to have good reviews and aren't too expensive. What do you guys think?

Lifter's Lounge - Ivanis - 09-22-2017

^
I squat in my socks. Same effect as lifting shoes IMO. I don't know how your gym would react to it though. No one has said shit to me but your mileage may vary.

Lifter's Lounge - Repo - 09-22-2017

Yeah, I think that wouldn't be much different from chucks. My thought was the lifts would help a bit with my form, and would be sturdier than putting ny heals on the edge of a plate.