Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Russia Thread - Bryce - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:24 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

@Banin, +1 from me for the detailed trip report.
One of the problems you made is by escalating too fast and going for a French kiss so quickly. This is not the west. It is perfectly normal in Russia to "wine and dine" a girl you met, especially one in a normal day-game atmosphere for a few date's. Pushing for ONS stand and insisting on taking her back to your place seemed a little desperate. Since you have the good fortune of coming back there in August, keep her on the "slow burner" and in a couple months you'll have her in the sack.

this seems like good advice..

i'm still contemplating going to Russia for a world cup but would probably have no more than 4 or 5 nights there. Perhaps 2 or 3 nights in Moscow and 2 nights in the city where Australia is playing (either Sochi, Kazan or Samara).

it seems like Russia might be a tough ask for pulling a ONS? and if i'm only in each city for 2, maybe 3, nights then i don't exactly have long enough to firstly meet a few girls and then play the game over a series of dates ?

yes you can probably pre game on tinder but tinder doesn't interest me..

if i'm looking for a hit and run mission am i better off saving it for a trip somewhere else or is Russia really worth it?

The Russia Thread - TripleG - 05-30-2018

4 nights is too shortl, your only bet is Online game or getting lucky via night-game though the cities you're going to will be the worst, overrun with thousands of other mostly male fans who will hit the same bars/clubs. Why not instead extend your trip by a week and hit up some of the larger cities that are not hosting the WC where you will hold more of the exotic factor?

The Russia Thread - Bryce - 05-30-2018

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:52 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

4 nights is too shortl, your only bet is Online game or getting lucky via night-game though the cities you're going to will be the worst, overrun with thousands of other mostly male fans who will hit the same bars/clubs. Why not instead extend your trip by a week and hit up some of the larger cities that are not hosting the WC where you will hold more of the exotic factor?

i think you're spot on.. although in Brazil i found that even though there were thousands of male fans there to party and find local girls, there was equally a case of thousands of local girls all making an effort to come out and meet all these foreign guys. Not so much in Rio but in the more obscure cities like Porto Alegre is was a once in a lifetime chance for some of these girls to head out and party with foreign guys and the atmosphere was extremely friendly. Not sure if a similar thing might happen in a place like Samara?

i'm unfortunately going to be on a very restricted timeframe of 5 night absolute max, hence why i'm thinking maybe it's not worth it and i'm better just to save the cash and have a few big nights out here in Melbourne as our first 2 games are televised at 8pm and 10pm and can roll out afterwards..

The Russia Thread - Банин - 05-31-2018

One of the problems you made is by escalating too fast and going for a French kiss so quickly. This is not the west. It is perfectly normal in Russia to "wine and dine" a girl you met, especially one in a normal day-game atmosphere for a few date's. Pushing for ONS stand and insisting on taking her back to your place seemed a little desperate. Since you have the good fortune of coming back there in August, keep her on the "slow burner" and in a couple months you'll have her in the sack.

Thanks for that. I realised my mistake going for the kiss at the venue, but the French intensity to it was down to her, I just went along with it. Which can also very well have been a mistake of its own. Breaking off the kiss quicker and denying further kissing may have made her frustrated and kept her coming back for more. I guess I just lost control, which isn't a good thing.

Even without the kiss, I'm not sure I would have gotten her to tag along to my place. I do realise the normal path goes through several dates, and had I had the time, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I was trying to cash the notch in on my last night, but that may just have been unrealistic. On the other hand, as Roosh tends to say, the further you go on the one date, the less work you'll have to put in the next time, even if you know that getting the bang that same night may not happen...

Incidentally, she now sent me a long message on vkontaktye with loads of philosophic bullshit, so I think the back burner will work just fine. The kissing-too-soon fuckup may have a silver lining: it helped build up sexual tension, she's just going to think about our date the whole summer and hopefully will be moist and ready when I come back in August.

PS: as a credibility adjustment, I think I should specify that this park girl was only a personal 9. For anyone not sharing my fascination for skinny girls, she would probably be a low 8.

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:47 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

it seems like Russia might be a tough ask for pulling a ONS? and if i'm only in each city for 2, maybe 3, nights then i don't exactly have long enough to firstly meet a few girls and then play the game over a series of dates ?

if i'm looking for a hit and run mission am i better off saving it for a trip somewhere else or is Russia really worth it?

Well you can always get lucky, and ONS after night game do happen from time to time. Have you read Slubu's reports from a few years back? He stayed in cities which were about the same size as Kazan,so that may give you a feel for how difficult it will be.

But clearly, TripleG also has a point: there'll be really tough competition. I'm not sure how many girls may come out due to a WC effect like you describe in Brazil, but I assume that each city will host a number of matches, so probably that "once in lifetime" thing won't be concentrated on the days when you're there.

Quote: (05-30-2018 10:15 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

i'm unfortunately going to be on a very restricted timeframe of 5 night absolute max, hence why i'm thinking maybe it's not worth it and i'm better just to save the cash and have a few big nights out here in Melbourne as our first 2 games are televised at 8pm and 10pm and can roll out afterwards..

You'd be flying there from Australia? For 5 nights only? that seems rather painful, for your wallet and yourself. Why not save the money to do a longer trip next time you can have a bit of time? Or fly somewhere closer, with faster game, and not overrun by football fans to get yourself a new flag?
Prices in Russia will be grossly inflated for accommodation, food and drinks, that without mentioning the flights. For that kind of budget you could spend 5 days as a king in southeast asia and probably land some bangs, couldn't you?

The Russia Thread - HD668B - 05-31-2018

Quote: (05-27-2018 06:33 AM)Банин Wrote:  

Thanks for my first rep point Beirut [Image: smile.gif] day 3 and 4 will have to wait a bit.

You just missed me by 1 day. But Ill be back in SPB in a week or two.

I did have the same problem with flakes. It was difficult to communicate with what seemed solid numbers (both from day, or following makeout at night) .

Also when you finally meet, they expect you to take over completely. On multiple occasions I had girls admitting "why you didnt force me".

The Russia Thread - Банин - 05-31-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 06:59 AM)HD668B Wrote:  

You just missed me by 1 day. But Ill be back in SPB in a week or two.

I did have the same problem with flakes. It was difficult to communicate with what seemed solid numbers (both from day, or following makeout at night) .

Also when you finally meet, they expect you to take over completely. On multiple occasions I had girls admitting "why you didnt force me".

I'm not coming back until august unfortunately. Will you still be there then?

Not sure that I share your experience with flakes. I had a couple of flakes as in, girls i number-closed but never got back to me, but wasn't actually stood up. Also a couple of the hotter pipelined matches that didn't follow through with a meetup once I pinged them. Communication was quite straightforward, for those who answered.

I do have to agree on girls expecting you to take over. What do you mean with "why didn't you force me"? force them to do something during the date, go to some venue or some such?

The Russia Thread - Bikal - 05-31-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 06:59 AM)HD668B Wrote:  

On multiple occasions I had girls admitting "why you didnt force me".
That's a mistranslation right? I would've expected them to complain about you not taking the lead, as a man, you take the lead and if they're not into you, you'll know about it one way or another but if they go with it, you're golden.

I will admit that it takes some adjustment to get into the swing of taking the lead if you're used to girls in the west being bossy little cows who kick up a fuss every time you take the lead and state what's what.

The Russia Thread - TripleG - 05-31-2018

I agree, taking a strong lead is necessary in Russia and is so different from dating in the west where the girls are not afraid to show that they dont feel like doing your activity and flake at the slightest disagreement.

The challenge with taking the lead is that someone on a short time frame who is not experienced in the new city will have a shortage of ideas/activities planned. I know ive personally blown quite a few leads by not planning ahead of time and just doing extended “city walking dates”. Thus my previous point in that even before going on dates it is just as important to wander around your neighborhood and “lock down” a few places for future dates. Nowadays when o travel overseas my 1st priority is usually to find a good pub/bar close to my apartment. Second priority is to find a chill lounge (preferably with a high-rise view within walking/metro distance) where i can go to for dates or just ro hangout with locals.

As GManifesto has alluded to many times, having a home-base is paramount for night-game success.

The Russia Thread - Bryce - 05-31-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 03:29 AM)Банин Wrote:  

Thanks for that. I realised my mistake going for the kiss at the venue, but the French intensity to it was down to her, I just went along with it. Which can also very well have been a mistake of its own. Breaking off the kiss quicker and denying further kissing may have made her frustrated and kept her coming back for more. I guess I just lost control, which isn't a good thing.

Even without the kiss, I'm not sure I would have gotten her to tag along to my place. I do realise the normal path goes through several dates, and had I had the time, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. I was trying to cash the notch in on my last night, but that may just have been unrealistic. On the other hand, as Roosh tends to say, the further you go on the one date, the less work you'll have to put in the next time, even if you know that getting the bang that same night may not happen...

Incidentally, she now sent me a long message on vkontaktye with loads of philosophic bullshit, so I think the back burner will work just fine. The kissing-too-soon fuckup may have a silver lining: it helped build up sexual tension, she's just going to think about our date the whole summer and hopefully will be moist and ready when I come back in August.

PS: as a credibility adjustment, I think I should specify that this park girl was only a personal 9. For anyone not sharing my fascination for skinny girls, she would probably be a low 8.

Quote: (05-30-2018 09:47 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

Well you can always get lucky, and ONS after night game do happen from time to time. Have you read Slubu's reports from a few years back? He stayed in cities which were about the same size as Kazan,so that may give you a feel for how difficult it will be.

But clearly, TripleG also has a point: there'll be really tough competition. I'm not sure how many girls may come out due to a WC effect like you describe in Brazil, but I assume that each city will host a number of matches, so probably that "once in lifetime" thing won't be concentrated on the days when you're there.

Quote: (05-30-2018 10:15 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

You'd be flying there from Australia? For 5 nights only? that seems rather painful, for your wallet and yourself. Why not save the money to do a longer trip next time you can have a bit of time? Or fly somewhere closer, with faster game, and not overrun by football fans to get yourself a new flag?
Prices in Russia will be grossly inflated for accommodation, food and drinks, that without mentioning the flights. For that kind of budget you could spend 5 days as a king in southeast asia and probably land some bangs, couldn't you?

Bang on. I've decided to pass on the World Cup. In a perfect world of course i'd go, but we've all got limited cash and time and i'm going to plan a longer trip to Europe next year which should be better timing for me. I have a few friends going over to Russia so i'll be watching closely how they go over there..

The Russia Thread - Банин - 06-01-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 12:00 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

I agree, taking a strong lead is necessary in Russia and is so different from dating in the west where the girls are not afraid to show that they dont feel like doing your activity and flake at the slightest disagreement.

The challenge with taking the lead is that someone on a short time frame who is not experienced in the new city will have a shortage of ideas/activities planned. I know ive personally blown quite a few leads by not planning ahead of time and just doing extended “city walking dates”. Thus my previous point in that even before going on dates it is just as important to wander around your neighborhood and “lock down” a few places for future dates. Nowadays when o travel overseas my 1st priority is usually to find a good pub/bar close to my apartment. Second priority is to find a chill lounge (preferably with a high-rise view within walking/metro distance) where i can go to for dates or just ro hangout with locals.

As GManifesto has alluded to many times, having a home-base is paramount for night-game success.

All very good advice. I didn't do it for my tinder dates while being there, I played on the "I'm new here, please show me your city" vibe, and it worked out okay. But I felt it was an advantage having chosen the venue for the DG-date, she clearly had an expectation that I had a plan.

Home-base is all well and good, but the distance will depend on where you live. I guess I learned my lesson and will not be staying in Petrogradsky anymore, even though the area is quite nice. It's just too far from most of the nighttime venues.

Quote: (05-31-2018 08:24 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

Bang on. I've decided to pass on the World Cup. In a perfect world of course i'd go, but we've all got limited cash and time and i'm going to plan a longer trip to Europe next year which should be better timing for me. I have a few friends going over to Russia so i'll be watching closely how they go over there..

Sounds much more reasonable. If you want to use a bit of the money, maybe just take a weekend tour to a different australian city and go out gaming there?

The Russia Thread - Bikal - 06-03-2018

I've been looking at Airbnb for Moscow in early spring, if I try and book a month I'm being shown £2k - £11k, is there something major happening to make these prices justified? I don't recall ever seeing £2k for a modern but basic flat in Tverskaya.

The Russia Thread - Tail Gunner - 06-03-2018

Quote: (06-03-2018 08:55 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

I've been looking at Airbnb for Moscow in early spring, if I try and book a month I'm being shown £2k - £11k, is there something major happening to make these prices justified? I don't recall ever seeing £2k for a modern but basic flat in Tverskaya.

Are you talking about next year? Early spring 2018 is already gone. In fact, spring ends on June 21st.

This year, the World Cup occurs in Moscow in late spring from 14 June – 15 July. I am sure that prices are far above normal for that event.

The Russia Thread - Bikal - 06-03-2018

Quote: (06-03-2018 10:23 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Are you talking about next year?
Yes, sorry, should've been clearer, next year not this year as early spring has indeed come and gone.

The Russia Thread - Tail Gunner - 06-03-2018

Quote: (06-03-2018 10:56 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2018 10:23 AM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Are you talking about next year?
Yes, sorry, should've been clearer, next year not this year as early spring has indeed come and gone.

It is possible that Russian AirBNB hosts are taking advantage of this spring's higher-than-normal prices to inflate prices for next spring (thinking that some AirBNB users may think that these are normal prices). Or perhaps they have not updated the prices for next spring and are, instead, using this spring's inflated prices as the default price. I typically reserve an AirBNB unit about 60-90 days before my visit. So much can happen in a year to change one's plans.

The Russia Thread - edlefou - 06-03-2018

I haven't rented long-term in Moscow for a couple years now, but I remember there were always overpriced places around Tverskaya.

Around 100K rubles/month is a decent price for that area.

If you're going in the off-season don't be afraid to make a lower offer.

Also, you should think twice about whether you want to book a place 9 months in advance.

The Russia Thread - HD668B - 06-04-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 07:23 AM)Банин Wrote:  

Not sure that I share your experience with flakes. I had a couple of flakes as in, girls i number-closed but never got back to me, but wasn't actually stood up.

Thats what I mean. Very good number closes during the day, where you can feel the attraction and we almost kiss right after meeting, but girl doesnt write back. Or from online like VK and Tinder, transition to whatsapp or insta, good discussion, but then when its time to meetup, everything becomes frozen. Its annoying as fck.

I do have to agree on girls expecting you to take over. What do you mean with "why didn't you force me"? force them to do something during the date, go to some venue or some such?

Girl was at my place, dressed suggestively, and was expecting me to force her to have sex basically. She would not give any signal, and would refuse all advances, but was expecting me to keep going. I am not an horny 18yo teenager anymore and sometimes I like the girl to make the move when I lay back. Dont wish for that in Russia ahha

The Russia Thread - Банин - 06-04-2018

Quote: (06-04-2018 04:40 PM)HD668B Wrote:  

Thats what I mean. Very good number closes during the day, where you can feel the attraction and we almost kiss right after meeting, but girl doesnt write back. Or from online like VK and Tinder, transition to whatsapp or insta, good discussion, but then when its time to meetup, everything becomes frozen. Its annoying as fck.

I just kept them on VK and agreed the meet there, except the phone closes. The flaking you can't do so much about, apart from making really good approaches.

My insta profile (and VK for that matter) are just about neutral until I do something with them, so I was to keep the ones I daygamed offline as much as possible, good ole' text was best, was my thinking. I never got to follow up the two leads I had from nevsky prospekt properly, but clearly there would have been some more flaking.

Would be interesting to know if anyone's got some statistics on day approaches in SPB, but clearly the flake rate is not good.

Girl was at my place, dressed suggestively, and was expecting me to force her to have sex basically. She would not give any signal, and would refuse all advances, but was expecting me to keep going. I am not an horny 18yo teenager anymore and sometimes I like the girl to make the move when I lay back. Dont wish for that in Russia ahha

Well you're not going to get a green light with a Russian girl the first time, rather as long as she doesn't stop you it's as much as you'll get. The expectation is that you are the man and that you have to take responsibility for crossing that line. Which I can respect in a way, even if they take their annoying ice queen mask. If you want the cookie you have to go get it. That does tend to disappear after the first smash though.

It sounds like you had to deal with a slightly different type of LMR than I did with my asian lay in Piter. What worked with her was telling her to go home. How did the evening end up with this girl? did you give up eventually? when did she leave?

The Russia Thread - nola - 06-04-2018

Day approaching SPB with or without Russian? A really cool thing you can do in Russia or anywhere in EE if you don't speak Russian is approach in English then right after that no English drops is add another random language. I've watched guys pick up in Spanish, Italian, French ect... Many Russians will be bilingual. I dated a Spanish girl once where we only could speak French to each other Because she didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish but we both spoke French.

The Russia Thread - Tonio - 06-05-2018

Quote: (06-03-2018 10:56 AM)Bikal Wrote:  

I am very careful in booking airbnb 1 year ahead. Much things can happen. Specially from the side of the host. Some disappear from the site, other ask you to pay more, etc.. The best os to book at least 2 options (which have free cancellation policy 48 hours before the checkin, in this case when you cancel the other one you just have to pay the airbnb fee). I do like this when travel abroad.

The Russia Thread - Tonio - 06-05-2018

Quote: (05-31-2018 08:24 PM)Bryce Wrote:  

Good decision. This world cup here will be nothing more nothing less than a BIG HUGE sausage FEST. Who like soccer? Yes, we guys. So if one bothers to come to Russia, chances are, he has a dick. I already booked my long trip to SEA during this time. I'm out.

The Russia Thread - Банин - 06-06-2018

Quote: (06-04-2018 08:56 PM)nola Wrote:  

Day approaching SPB with or without Russian? A really cool thing you can do in Russia or anywhere in EE if you don't speak Russian is approach in English then right after that no English drops is add another random language. I've watched guys pick up in Spanish, Italian, French ect... Many Russians will be bilingual. I dated a Spanish girl once where we only could speak French to each other Because she didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish but we both spoke French.

I'd be rather incredulous to see any Russian girl speaking a second language which isn't English well enough to communicate, but who doesn't speak a word of English. Yes, a lot of Russian and Eastern European girls in general learn a ridiculous number of languages, but then they would know English too.

Nearly all the girls I approached in SPb could not (or would not) speak a word of English. Such is the reality of the FSU. I don't mind, it filters them out for those of us who are trying to learn the language [Image: banana.gif]

The Russia Thread - dr.feelgood - 06-07-2018

Quote: (06-03-2018 12:35 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

It is possible that Russian AirBNB hosts are taking advantage of this spring's higher-than-normal prices to inflate prices for next spring (thinking that some AirBNB users may think that these are normal prices). Or perhaps they have not updated the prices for next spring and are, instead, using this spring's inflated prices as the default price. I typically reserve an AirBNB unit about 60-90 days before my visit. So much can happen in a year to change one's plans.

Thanks for this information. I'm planning a 3 month trip to Moscow. Been following your posts, as boots on the ground always provide accurate information about accommodation in Russia and gaming hotspots. You seem very experienced in Russia with so many good posts. How long have you spent in Moscow and St. Peter?

The Russia Thread - Tail Gunner - 06-07-2018

Quote: (06-07-2018 04:15 PM)dr.feelgood Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2018 12:35 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

Thanks for this information. I'm planning a 3 month trip to Moscow. Been following your posts, as boots on the ground always provide accurate information about accommodation in Russia and gaming hotspots. You seem very experienced in Russia with so many good posts. How long have you spent in Moscow and St. Peter?

You must be confusing me with someone else. I have only posted a few times to this thread. I have been to the EE, but never to Russia. I plan to do so, however, which is why I follow this thread. Good luck with your trip.

The Russia Thread - Batka - 06-10-2018

I think guys will do ok at the World Cup if you are aiming for the 6s and 7s who will be out for fun. Nothing wrong with that as a Russian 6/7 looks a hell of a lot better than an Anglo one.

Enjoy the tournament and here's to plenty of scoring off the pitch as well as on it.

The Russia Thread - Tonio - 06-13-2018

Senior Russian lawmaker Tamara Pletnyova, a member of the Communist Party, has advised local women not to have sex with foreign men during the Russia 2018 World Cup:
"Will there be the girls that will meet (with men) and become pregnant? Maybe yes, maybe no, I hope. These children suffer and have suffered, even since Soviet times," Pletnyova, chairwoman of the Family, Women, and Children Affairs Committee, was quoted by radio station Govorit Moskva, as saying.
“We should give birth to our own children. I'm not a nationalist, but nonetheless. I know that the children suffer as well, and then they are abandoned and stay here with the mother," she said in comments published on Monday.