Roosh V Forum
Thailand challenge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Thailand challenge (/thread-18023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thailand challenge - Teddykgb - 01-29-2013

I think its because I look at vacationing with a backpackers mentality instead of a gaming mentality.

Im fucking damn close to getting a fitted suit when I get back to BKK. I have never owned a suit in my life. I'm not going to buy in Phuket because I realized everything is more expensive here.

I think I might take a quick swoop of southern thailand for 1 week and just skip chiang mai all together and go back to bkk to try day gaming at the mall.

Thailand challenge - Rah - 01-29-2013

Isn't Chiang Mai getting close to the part of the year where a bunch of smoke sits on top of the whole area for like 4-6 weeks anyway?

Thailand challenge - Asaxon - 01-29-2013

Trey, not sure if serious... Some of what you say has merit but there are different strokes for different folks. I know a bunch of members who met real quality off of tf, myself included. Who are you to mandate we pay for a girl's meals? The "cannot afford" shaming is out of place. Chivalry Police?

Thailand challenge - trey - 01-29-2013

Re: TF: I'm not saying there isn't perhaps quality here and there on TF. What I'm saying is that BKK might be the most accessible city in the world for meeting girls in person, so why go online? There are quality girls to meet in SO many different venues in BKK, and you'll obviously have full clarity on what the girl looks like, how she will act / who she is, English language level, etc. Plus going out and meeting them, exploring the city and its different scenes, is fun.

Re: the money complaints: I'm not at all mandating you to pay for a girl's meals. I'm saying this borderline-competitive culture of "look how little I got away with paying!" is unhealthy, as is bemoaning a few hundred extra baht spent on a girl or a few thousand over the course of a trip.

Re: different strokes for different folks: definitely true. If P4P or pipelining are your thing, then go for it. I'm saying going these routes is missing out bigtime in BKK, both in terms of quality of girls and quality of life, and I suspect the guys who have been around for a while and have some perspective on BKK would agree.

Thailand challenge - Teddykgb - 01-29-2013

I now know the difference between massage on khao san road and massage in patong.

The awkward moment when she goes for the happy ending.

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 01-29-2013

trey has spent a lot of time living in BKK. I've partied with him several times and he's legit. He's for sure over the Soi Cowboy/semi-pro scene. I think everyone gets down with that scene for a while, but after being here for a longer period of time, guys see that there is a much better tier of girls that we have access to. Banging Isaan girls is a rite of passage in BKK, but better shit awaits.

TF has some quality girls, and I use it as well. Mostly when I first get back into BKK and want a sure thing. Hard to pass up the opportunity to bang a fit 20 year old Thai chick with virtually zero effort after several months back in the US. However, I think trey's point is don't get caught up in JUST banging girls from TF. Get out and check out RCA/Thonglor and see the talent there, it is higher than TF for sure. BKK is a special place in the sense that we have access to an unlimited supply of young, fit and fashionable women that would be so much harder to get back home, and there would be far fewer of them. Take advantage.

Just don't go to RCA on New Years. The place is a fucking shit show and I destroyed my suede Clarks. Scotian made the right call in ditching out on that one.

murrb: If I was you I would go get a v neck and some dark chinos from Platinum and head out to Route one night before you go. Check it out at least once.

trey, thanks for clarifying. I personally do not mind paying for meals etc. here (different story in the west) but hate that it is seen as mandatory by certain segments of the population.
I agree that a lot of tf is time-consuming and the overall quality possibly below what you find in a mall but it was a good way to hit the ground running (for me at least).

Thailand challenge - RawGod - 01-29-2013

How would day-gaming in malls be for a late-30s, but decent-looking and smartly-dressed guy? I'm guessing there would be some language issues and the targets would be solid middle-class 7s and 8s so maybe not the easy pickings of TF.

Thailand challenge - scotian - 01-29-2013

Do you guys have any tips for cool things to see and do in BKK during the day unrelated to gaming girls, getting drunk and going to shopping malls? That's pretty much all I did in the time I've spent in the city so far and since I only have a few days left here, I want to do some interesting things.

A few things I'm looking into:

-BKK corrections museum
-Canal cruise
-Muay Thai fight at Lumpinee

Any other suggestions? I have to visit a temple and wouldn't mind checking out an art gallery so if any of you have ideas that would be great.

Thailand challenge - TheBulldozer - 01-29-2013

The Chatuchak market on the weekend is pretty epic. I spent 10 hours there and had one hell of a time being able to buy just about anything.

Take a cooking class. Try and find one where you go out shopping and have the person explain the ingredients.

I thought the Jim Thompson house was rather interesting, but that's just the nerd in me coming out.

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 01-29-2013

Quote: (01-29-2013 10:20 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Do you guys have any tips for cool things to see and do in BKK during the day unrelated to gaming girls, getting drunk and going to shopping malls? That's pretty much all I did in the time I've spent in the city so far and since I only have a few days left here, I want to do some interesting things.

-BKK corrections museum
-Canal cruise

Any other suggestions? I have to visit a temple and wouldn't mind checking out an art gallery so if any of you have ideas that would be great.

I'm probably the least cultured guy you will ever meet. I literally don't do any of those things lol. I've still never been inside of a wat, but I did visit my Thai friend who was a monk for a month.

I hear visiting prisoners at the Bangkok Hilton (prison, not the actual Hotel) is quite an experience.

Thailand challenge - trey - 01-29-2013

-BKK corrections museum
-Canal cruise

You can do all the best temples in a few hours: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun. All within walking or tuk tuk distance of each other.

Apart from the other things mentioned by other guys, Ayutthaya as a day trip that is worth it. There is a tiger temple within a day's range as well. Lumpini Park is a nice walk in the evenings.

See the venom farm at the Red Cross Building. They produce snake venom and handle the animals there, giving tours for visitors. I liked it. Also, Temple of Dawn and a River Tour were nice.

Thailand challenge - Unique - 01-30-2013

Great thread [Image: smile.gif]

I've just moved to BKK! PM me for my thai number if anyone wants to go out and have a blast gaming HiSo girls.

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 01-30-2013

Quote: (01-30-2013 09:44 AM)Unique Wrote:  

Great thread [Image: smile.gif]

I've just moved to BKK! PM me for my thai number if anyone wants to go out and have a blast gaming HiSo girls.

How long you going to be in BKK for? You here for work?

Thailand challenge - Kwisatz - 01-30-2013

Here are a few suggestions on how to spend an afternoon.

1) Have lunch, dessert, & tea at Crepes and Company. One of the best restaurants I have eaten at in over 15 countries and 4 continents! Great atmosphere! http://crepesnco.com

2) Then take a taxi to Talat Saphan Lek A.K.A The Iron Bridge Market, I bought a lot of good electronics there. My best purchase was a “chipped” PlayStation that allowed me to play burned/ripped games. They sold the games for pennies, literally.

http://www.thebuddhagarden.com/thailand-...market.htm

http://www.thailandhighlight.com/bangkok...n-Lek.html

3) Have dinner at at Cabbages and Condoms, it’s a unique place with good food and my team often used it at a Meeting Point before we started our adventures.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Re...ngkok.html

http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.co.th/Rest...aurant.asp

4) After dessert, get a good massage, its easier to find a good hooker than a good woman for a massage! The most famous Traditional Thai massage school is at Wat Pho, near The Grand Palace. They train people from around the world in massage. Wat Pho is not a brothel or a place where you go for a “Happy Ending”. My favorite place to go for a massage was King & I Massage, Sukhumvit Soi 12, 15' / 5m past the 7-11. My friends and I would go there after a brutal night of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training and at least once a weekend. Remember, the lower the number a girl has on her badge the more experienced she is. Look for old women, they have the most powerful hands!

http://www.csmngt.com/thai_massage.htm

By then you’re ready for the nightlife to start! If I can help at all, let me know. Google each of this places to find out more about them.

-BKK corrections museum
-Canal cruise

Thailand challenge - Teddykgb - 01-30-2013

Just watched the muay thai fights at Bangla Boxing Stadium in Phuket last night. Had fun gambling with the guys at the stadium. Overall only lost 500 baht to those guys.

Also lost my GoPro camera the night before at Tai Pai Disco in Phuket. Time to get out of this sex tourist town and head over to Krabi.

Thailand challenge - alecks - 01-31-2013

guys does it sound crazy to travel to thailand on your own,at age 20?

my friends are going to california for a few weeks (were from ireland),but i dont wana go to the states for the summer.

would it be too dangerous? im a responsible dude and have good game.would 6 weeks be good?

any suggestions

Thailand challenge - Menace - 01-31-2013

It would be crazy NOT TO travel to Thailand on your own at age 20 for 6 weeks. Perfectly safe.

Thailand challenge - 20Nation - 02-01-2013

Thailand is a perfectly safe place. Just don't be dumb and you will be fine

Thailand challenge - scotian - 02-01-2013

Met up with Asaxon and Kdog last night on Soi 11 for a few drinks, I was out with one of my BKK regulars and my friend from Canada, it was her last night in Thailand before flying back home. We ended up going to Spanky's at Nana Plaza, a strip club that Travelhardcore introduced me to where you can take a meter long styro foam tube and spank the strippers as hard as you can on the ass.

I was quite content drinking sangsom and sodas and whipping stripper's bottoms, but everyone else wanted to bounce and against my wishes, we ended up on Khao San Road. I don't know what the hell was going on there last night but we arrived at just after midnight and shortly after the police flooded the streets and were going into every bar and fucking things up, I saw at least 50 of them and they had big SWAT-style police trucks parked at the end of the road, must be some kind of extortion hustle but as soon as I saw about 15 uniformed cops come into the bar we were at, I knew it was time to bounce. So back to soi 11 we went, yet another reason not to visit Khao San Road.

Thailand challenge - Cincinnatus - 02-01-2013

Quote: (02-01-2013 01:18 AM)scotian Wrote:  

We ended up going to Spanky's at Nana Plaza, a strip club that Travelhardcore introduced me to where you can take a meter long styro foam tube and spank the strippers as hard as you can on the ass.

I was quite content drinking sangsom and sodas and whipping stripper's bottoms...

Man, I've gotta get my ass to southeast Asia sometime!

Reminds me of Anthony Bourdain talking about how in Cambodia, there's a bar/shooting range where you can get shitfaced on free booze and shoot machine guns, you don't pay for the drinks, just the ammunition! [Image: lol.gif]

Thailand challenge - scotian - 02-01-2013

Another thing I`ve been meaning to write about here happened to me a couple of weeks ago, the The Silom ping-pong show scam. I can`t believe I actually fell for it but it happened and hopefully it won`t happen to any of you after reading this.

So I was with my Canadian friend and a BKK regular and the girls wanted to see a pussy show so I said what the heck, let`s do it and we took a taxi up to the Silom market where all of those pussy show places are. Upon arrival, we were approached by one of the ubiquitous Thai guys carrying a menu of all different types of pussy shows (ping-pong, razors, bananas, etc). I asked him several times if it was a legit place and we won`t have any problems and of course he reassured me that everything was okay and so in we went.

We were inside for about 45 minutes, saw several different shows of ugly, fat and mostly older Thai women do things with their pussies I previously thought anatomically impossible, I even caught one of the ping pong balls that was going straight for my face (I rushed into the bathroom pretty quick to give my hands a thorough washing). Then we decided that it was time to leave so I went to the bar to pay our tab which I though would be 300 Baht for our three beers.

Of course, they presented me with a tab of 3900 Baht, the jacked up price included fees for the shows and drinks for the strippers. I told the bartender that I`m not paying this and then went back to our tables and told the girls to go to the door because we`re getting the fuck out of here. Luckily no gang of Thai men with blunt objects surrounded us but a small older woman blocked the door and said `you must pay bill`, I said hell no and opened the door, I think other customers were starting to stare at the commotion that was happening, I told her there`s no fucking way I`m paying 4K for three beers, and surprisingly she said `òk you pay 300`, I gave her the three bills and we split.

So a hairy situation was avoided and I learned my lesson, DON`T GO TO THE PING-PONG SHOWS IN SILOM!

Thailand challenge - Teddykgb - 02-01-2013

Quote: (02-01-2013 03:43 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Another thing I`ve been meaning to write about here happened to me a couple of weeks ago, the The Silom ping-pong show scam. I can`t believe I actually fell for it but it happened and hopefully it won`t happen to any of you after reading this.

So I was with my Canadian friend and a BKK regular and the girls wanted to see a pussy show so I said what the heck, let`s do it and we took a taxi up to the Silom market where all of those pussy show places are. Upon arrival, we were approached by one of the ubiquitous Thai guys carrying a menu of all different types of pussy shows (ping-pong, razors, bananas, etc). I asked him several times if it was a legit place and we won`t have any problems and of course he reassured me that everything was okay and so in we went.

We were inside for about 45 minutes, saw several different shows of ugly, fat and mostly older Thai women do things with their pussies I previously thought anatomically impossible, I even caught one of the ping pong balls that was going straight for my face (I rushed into the bathroom pretty quick to give my hands a thorough washing). Then we decided that it was time to leave so I went to the bar to pay our tab which I though would be 300 Baht for our three beers.

Of course, they presented me with a tab of 3900 Baht, the jacked up price included fees for the shows and drinks for the strippers. I told the bartender that I`m not paying this and then went back to our tables and told the girls to go to the door because we`re getting the fuck out of here. Luckily no gang of Thai men with blunt objects surrounded us but a small older woman blocked the door and said `you must pay bill`, I said hell no and opened the door, I think other customers were starting to stare at the commotion that was happening, I told her there`s no fucking way I`m paying 4K for three beers, and surprisingly she said `òk you pay 300`, I gave her the three bills and we split.

So a hairy situation was avoided and I learned my lesson, DON`T GO TO THE PING-PONG SHOWS IN SILOM!

I was just about to go to silom a abut 5 days ago when I was in bkk so I could go to the ping pong show. At least I have avoided something stupid this trip so far.

Thailand challenge - Vacancier Permanent - 02-01-2013

Golden rule: avoid the bars in Patpong like the plague! Scam central! Seems that Silom is also to be avoided as per Scotian's luckily avoided misadventures. If you want to see a pussy show stick to Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy or Pattaya on Walking Street.