Roosh V Forum
Dominican Republic - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Dominican Republic (/thread-835.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Dominican Republic - el mechanico - 12-06-2014

Quote: (12-06-2014 07:26 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Solid advice... I'm pretty much in the same boat here in Peru, limited on the girls I can communicate with enough to game.

I have pimsleur and have doulingo and I'm in Peru... but I'm struggling taking the time out to study on my own. The only thing I have down is going to the gym, but in reality Spanish is gonna help me in my travels more then big biceps jaja.

For the past 4 years or so my lifestyle has been to relaxed. I hired someone else to run my business so I basically retired at 30... I'm not gloating it really has hindered my self discipline and drive and motivation for anything. I waste sooo much time its criminal. An I know it and sometimes I watch motivation videos on youtube and get pumped up and write down all these goals an things I am gonna do, an that shit literally last a day. This isn't really the thread for this jaja.... I do need to figure out a way to get my shit together though.
Dude don't worry about no stinkin Spanish! Just go and chill out on the street in a green presidente provided plastic chair with some jumbo beers and extra cups and it will happen.

You guys should be ashamed spooking this for him!

Dominican Republic - Yeti - 12-06-2014

Quote: (12-06-2014 08:26 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (12-06-2014 07:26 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Solid advice... I'm pretty much in the same boat here in Peru, limited on the girls I can communicate with enough to game.

I have pimsleur and have doulingo and I'm in Peru... but I'm struggling taking the time out to study on my own. The only thing I have down is going to the gym, but in reality Spanish is gonna help me in my travels more then big biceps jaja.

For the past 4 years or so my lifestyle has been to relaxed. I hired someone else to run my business so I basically retired at 30... I'm not gloating it really has hindered my self discipline and drive and motivation for anything. I waste sooo much time its criminal. An I know it and sometimes I watch motivation videos on youtube and get pumped up and write down all these goals an things I am gonna do, an that shit literally last a day. This isn't really the thread for this jaja.... I do need to figure out a way to get my shit together though.
Dude don't worry about no stinkin Spanish! Just go and chill out on the street in a green presidente provided plastic chair with some jumbo beers and extra cups and it will happen.

You guys should be ashamed spooking this for him!

Yeah you will make friends even without Spanish, it's just fun to learn and useful. Connections run deeper when you speak the language.

Dominican Republic - InternationPlayboy - 12-06-2014

^ you know what? That's 100% correct. I get comfortable using my bad spanish because she understands me and it does set me back. I really do need to study. But she's also good at repeating words I don't know and then they just stick. A lot of times I won't even ask what it means, I'll just figure it out.

Dominican Republic - Cr33pin - 12-07-2014

Alright it has been determined I am busting my ass everyday working on my Espanol until I leave Peru. I still think I am going to the Dominican Republic when I leave here, I need to detox from big city living and have some beaches and nature in my life. I have to leave Peru by early February anyways cause my visa runs out and I am sure not going back to the US.

I have found some cheaperish places to live in Puerto Plata on Airbnb. Is this a good place to hang for a month or so? The places in Santo Domingo seemed pretty pricey and I would figure that Santo Domingo wouldn't be much different then Lima as far as big city living? Also if anyone knows of a cool apartment, condo, resort, whatever to stay at I'm all ears.

Any Rooshers that live or will be in an places that want to link up would be cool to. I like having a good wing, sometimes traveling solo and just mainly talking to girls takes it toll on me. I like talking to girls don't get me wrong but its good to talk to some bros about girls and manly shit as well.

I'm also open to maybe some other South American or Central American countries to stay in that meet my requirements. After learning about Davao Philippines on here and blindly going there last minute and it being so epic... I tend to base my travels on recommendations from the forum.

Dominican Republic - Jaydublin - 12-13-2014

I'm currently on the fence between Colombia(Medellin likely) and somewhere in the DR for a month or so in early 2015. Just basically to chill, read, improve spanish.....Its a hard choice between the 2.

Dominican Republic - Yeti - 12-13-2014

Quote: (12-13-2014 06:44 PM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

I'm currently on the fence between Colombia(Medellin likely) and somewhere in the DR for a month or so in early 2015. Just basically to chill, read, improve spanish.....Its a hard choice between the 2.

I've been to both twice - they're two of my favorite travel destinations.

It depends on what you want. The DR can be a really friendly place but as someone else here said, shit gets real there quite fast. You don't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The women are great - but you should speak Spanish.

Colombians are also friendly. Colombia seems more mystical and shrouded in fog. A land of shadows and mountains of gold. Colombian women, I'd say, are more difficult to game - certainly more of a pain in the ass, flakier. Dominican women are more likely to steal your wallet.

Dominican Republic - Jaydublin - 12-14-2014

Quote: (12-13-2014 08:38 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

It depends on what you want. The DR can be a really friendly place but as someone else here said, shit gets real there quite fast. You don't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The women are great - but you should speak Spanish.

Colombians are also friendly. Colombia seems more mystical and shrouded in fog. A land of shadows and mountains of gold. Colombian women, I'd say, are more difficult to game - certainly more of a pain in the ass, flakier. Dominican women are more likely to steal your wallet.

This is what is keeping the DR in question for me. At the moment I am just not feeling like I want to deal with another sketchy place. I'm looking mainly to chill out but I cant fight the lure of the easier women who don't bullshit as much as the Colombians.

Im not really looking to be out partying a lot on this trip....more chill. Would the DR be decent in one of the smaller beach towns near puerto plata... and just bus those girls in for a day or 2 at a time? or am I off base here?

I am conversational in Spanish but have some issues understanding it... Who speaks the most clear Spanish?

Dominican Republic - Yeti - 12-14-2014

Quote: (12-14-2014 05:01 PM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

This is what is keeping the DR in question for me. At the moment I am just not feeling like I want to deal with another sketchy place. I'm looking mainly to chill out but I cant fight the lure of the easier women who don't bullshit as much as the Colombians.

Im not really looking to be out partying a lot on this trip....more chill. Would the DR be decent in one of the smaller beach towns near puerto plata... and just bus those girls in for a day or 2 at a time? or am I off base here?

I am conversational in Spanish but have some issues understanding it... Who speaks the most clear Spanish?

Dominican Spanish is quite difficult to understand... They have a reputation for speaking very fast. It is pockmarked with slang local to the country.

Colombian Spanish is among the clearest and most neutral Spanish in the world.

Anyway, if you're looking to just chill in a small beach town then I think that the DR
will be great for you. Let me know which of the towns near Puerto Plata you end up visiting. Dominicans are really friendly and laid back, and if you are not looking to avail yourself of entertainment options where you're likelier to getting played (clubs, bars), then the shadiness of the DR will be far from sight. Take the bus to your small town, lounge on the beach, stay out of trouble... and it's paradise. Shit gets fast basically when the local authorities would be involved in something where it's your word against a Dominican's, or where you might end up for a few nights in jail for whatever bullshit reason. But I don't see that happening if you're a low key gringo drinking on the beach.

Dominican Republic - tomtud - 12-15-2014

If you are worried about cops in these 3rd world countries, when you are in the duty free shop buy a bottle or two of crown royale whiskey or a cognac etc. Something that they can't easily get locally and give it as a gift to the hotel manager or even better if you can to the police chief (that is a stretch) but the hotel manager for sure has local connections and if you are in trouble I am sure he'd go above and beyond his duties to help you out if he can.

In Canada I know a family friend of my fathers who was the neighbour of a police chief. This was a while ago and from what I recall this fellow got into some incident and pulled out the chiefs card and said call this man.... Problem solved.

I imagine in the DR knowing the mayor or police hierarchy if you are staying longer term there would definitely be a benefit.

Dominican Republic - Global Entry - 12-16-2014

Does anyone know if the Napolitano has in-room safes? If so, how big are they? Will they fit a macbook air inside?

Dominican Republic - El_gato - 01-02-2015

I am heading to Santo Domingo for a super weekend at the end of the month. Any tips on pipelining ? I am already sparking up Latinamericancupid.com

Dominican Republic - KingTut - 01-02-2015

Just spend 5 days in Santo Domingo and Santiago. DominicanCupid is your key to success. Not sure what is your game but I am not into prepago. Some of the girls will hit you up for money. Either block them or let them that you don't send money to someone you don't know.
Steps:
-Talk to them on Cupid
-Get their whatsap
-If possible get their Skype to do a preselection
Be ready to suggest to pay for their transportation to come and see you. Let them know that you will reimburse them when they get to your place.

Dominican Republic - kavakid - 01-02-2015

What he said /

"Tagged" is decent too. Badoo seems to be going downhill but its worth a look.

Dominican Cupid seems to be better than LatinAmerican Cupid even though they are owned by the same company.

Some Dominican girls use both, both Dominican cupid seems to have more girls.
Look at the number of results for a search on each cupid and compare. Then decide if you are going to other countries, because latin american cupid covers many more countires obviously. But if just doing DR in the next year, dominican cupid is the one.

It's retarded that a membership for one doesn't cover the other, but that seems to be the way it worked a year ago.

Dominican Republic - El_gato - 01-02-2015

Thanks guys - I will implement your advice and report back in February

Dominican Republic - the high - 01-02-2015

Out of curiousity, how common are these dark-skinned latinas in the DR?

[Image: _MG_9723.jpg]

[Image: 4032824447_588eb95d94_z.jpg?zz=1]

Not necessarily girls who look that good but who have that same look.

*Models are Yaritz Reyes and Ruth Ocumarez

Dominican Republic - Global Entry - 01-03-2015

@ the high - definitely are those types of girls in number based on hair styles and skin color. Santo domingo is very ethnically diverse but it seems there are more dArk skinned girls in sd as opposed to Santiago and some other northern DR cities.

I ended up having a mini relationship for my four day trip as the girl I pulled (or who pulled me from latam Cupid) was cute enough and with a very pleasant and polite quiet demeanor I didn't feel the need to make much effort to try to trade up. From what I had seen trading down was more likely and personality and a quiet grace in even a temporary companion is very attractive.

At the request of someone who was quite helpful planning the trip here are some photos.

My new "friend" who is 22. I told her I was considered the DR for some business but really was very straight forward about the length of my stay. We spent most of the four days I was there together including all the evenings other than the first (before we met).
[Image: E4247C14-90A2-4FA3-82C1-0968C312D6C6_zpscwrwq2q1.jpg]

[Image: 0344BE1D-7197-4263-A98A-3917C661635F_zpscm9lvcbc.jpg]

[Image: 8D38A7DF-CDBB-45ED-9A22-B5BF12DD3102_zpsu3lptci6.jpg]

Here is a Dominican flight attendant waiting with us to board for the return. Unfortunately she worked economy for the most part.

[Image: AA79D0A9-9D23-424F-9821-852C718B91A6_zpsmfsoq8xf.jpg]

And here is an American wildebeast in captivity at the airport. Pic really doesn't do her impressive size justice nor show how fully filled out those hammer pants were. [Image: 81F4ADEA-7095-41C1-9645-0C250DE03A0E_zpsibtkdcke.jpg]
It's ok though as she was fashionable given her fancy handbag.

Dominican Republic - El_gato - 01-03-2015

Love the contrast

Dominican Republic - Menace - 01-03-2015

She looks like a beautiful girl. My favorite body type: skinny. How common are those types? I always thought that DR is full of curvy girls. What do locals think of girls like that?

Dominican Republic - KingTut - 01-03-2015

Quote: (12-14-2014 06:53 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

Quote: (12-14-2014 05:01 PM)Jaydublin Wrote:  

Dominican Spanish is quite difficult to understand... They have a reputation for speaking very fast. It is pockmarked with slang local to the country.

Colombian Spanish is among the clearest and most neutral Spanish in the world.

Anyway, if you're looking to just chill in a small beach town then I think that the DR
will be great for you. Let me know which of the towns near Puerto Plata you end up visiting. Dominicans are really friendly and laid back, and if you are not looking to avail yourself of entertainment options where you're likelier to getting played (clubs, bars), then the shadiness of the DR will be far from sight. Take the bus to your small town, lounge on the beach, stay out of trouble... and it's paradise. Shit gets fast basically when the local authorities would be involved in something where it's your word against a Dominican's, or where you might end up for a few nights in jail for whatever bullshit reason. But I don't see that happening if you're a low key gringo drinking on the beach.

Dominican Spanish:
They don't pronouce the "s" . For example: "Me gusta", Dominican will say: "Me guta". "Que mas" will be: "Que ma"
There is difference betwen Santo Domingo and Santiago:
in Santo Domingo: They replace "R" with "L". "Amor" will be "Amol". Or they simply say "Mol" which is short for "Amor"
n Santiago: They replace "R" with "I". "Amor" will be "Amoi". Or they simply say "Moi" which is shot for "Amor"

Dominican Republic - KingTut - 01-03-2015

Quote: (01-02-2015 07:57 PM)the high Wrote:  

Out of curiousity, how common are these dark-skinned latinas in the DR?

[Image: _MG_9723.jpg]

[Image: 4032824447_588eb95d94_z.jpg?zz=1]

Not necessarily girls who look that good but who have that same look.

*Models are Yaritz Reyes and Ruth Ocumarez

More common in Santo Domingo and around. Santiago tends to have lighter skin women

Dominican Republic - kavakid - 01-03-2015

Yeah that look is quite common in SD and DR in general. My last girlfriend there looked something like that.

Girls in DR are all body types. Its quite varied. Some are skinnier with or without nice ass. Many are thicker with nice ass.

Dominican Republic - Global Entry - 01-04-2015

She was quite cute. Good bone structure and a great body. With a better haircut and perhaps a better skin regimen, she'd be close to ideal. But the real seller was her personality. Mujer educada. I didn't see a ton of girls who had bodies like this, to be sure. Most were bigger through the belly, hips and ass, and bust. That being said, I was friends (I guess still am) with two mixed Lebanese dominican girls I knew from Miami, one of whom is an interior decorator and the other of whom was in Med School. The doctor-to-be is perhaps a lost opportunity for me (there's a story, but I'm not in the mood to walk down memory lane), supremely elegant and beautiful light skinned and quite thin (gracefully so). So they're definitely out there.

On the road, it seemed most girls around were thicker. There was a more varied look at Agora Mall, which is north of Pianatini and Naco on Lincoln. I went over there with El Conq. on New Year's eve, which probably wasn't the best time to fly through, but for those headed to SD, its worth a trip. Perhaps 15 minutes taxi from the Napoletano or nearby in Malecon, and around the same or a bit shorter from Zona Colonial.

Quote: (01-03-2015 10:53 AM)Menace Wrote:  

She looks like a beautiful girl. My favorite body type: skinny. How common are those types? I always thought that DR is full of curvy girls. What do locals think of girls like that?

Dominican Republic - samsamsam - 01-04-2015

Quote: (01-03-2015 10:12 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

And here is an American wildebeast in captivity at the airport.

Damn someone put a ring on her hoof. Can't imagine how she sounded when she talked.

Dominican Republic - zoom - 03-10-2015

I'm taking my first trip to the DR next month. I'm planning on buying some new clothes and particulary a new blazer. I'm wondering if I should buy clothes here in the states or wait until I arrive in Santo Domingo. What do you guys think?

Dominican Republic - JayJuanGee - 03-10-2015

Quote: (03-10-2015 11:23 AM)zoom Wrote:  

I'm taking my first trip to the DR next month. I'm planning on buying some new clothes and particulary a new blazer. I'm wondering if I should buy clothes here in the states or wait until I arrive in the DR. What do you guys think?

If you are thinking about costs, there is a website that helps to compare cost of living for various items in various locations.

http://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living...to-domingo

Also, on another topic, I have a friend who is caucasian and in his mid-to-late 50s and building a house in Santo Domingo, I believe the Punto Canto area. I told him that I had gone to Vietnam on a trip in the last month, and I was thinking that my next trip in the coming year or so would be to the Phils.

When he asked me why would I chose the Phils rather than DR, when DR is much closer to the USA, I said that my impression, without traveling to either place was that Philipino people (and Asians in general, as compared with latinos) were less prone to violence than people in the DR.

He told me that my thinking was way off and he had been to both places in recent years. He said that I should go to DR rather than the Phils because in the DR the people have a less violent mentality, and they are much more laid back people in general regarding social interactions - even with older guys. I'm caucasian and in my late 40s, and I was considering that the phils has a good reputation for young girls being receptive to older guys.

Regarding girls, my friend and I were also talking in terms of possibilities for creating short-term relationships with girls, rather than long-term relationships.

Any guys have any thoughts about such general comparison between time spent in DR as compared with the Phils? safety and girl's receptivity to older men? Actually, one advantage with my going to DR would be that I could work on my Spanish. I have fairly decent Spanish, but definitely NOT at the level of a native speaker, since I learned in college and only practiced in more formal environments, rather than on the street.