Roosh V Forum
Living in Manila... - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Living in Manila... (/thread-29738.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Living in Manila... - FortYrOldVirgin - 03-15-2015

Quote: (03-03-2015 07:26 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

ElCid,
Ive stayed in both. Burgos Circle in Taguig is close to High St but probably still a taxi ride (not hard to get a taxi there). There are restaurats right downstairs from the building on the circle, but its not a high foot traffic area. If you want your excitement right outside your door, you might find something in Makati more to your liking (or something closer to High St like the apartments that overlook the market market complex.

Burgos circle (not to be confused with Burgos in Makati) is way cleaner, air and street. I liked it. It probably will take a bit more explaining for some girls to find it vis a vis a more popular destination, but you can always meet them at high st. or the nearby SM mall.

Hey Global, I'm lookin at the Burgos Circle in the Fort. Did you have any trouble with security and brining girls back? Did you need to communicate anything with the condo owner about bringing in "guests"? How was the ease of bringing girls back from the club to this area vs Greenbelt or Gramercy area?

Living in Manila... - Global Entry - 03-15-2015

No, but it was an air BnB and thus of course, each situation is different. I didn't really do clubs much in MNL (I went once with Satoshi, Fox and the infamous Dash), but that club was in Malate. There are several higher end clubs near Burgos Circle, very close by taxi. There are other clubs in Makati, much closer to Greenbelt and Gramercy. It just depends on the club.

Living in Manila... - iknowexactly - 03-15-2015

Quote: (03-06-2015 01:31 AM)Scott Free Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2015 09:11 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

If you ever need help with anything in Cebu I've got a motorcycle and know how to use it.

Where in Cebu are you based IKE? I'll be in town from Apr 30 - May 4. Will PM you to schedule a meetup if you're up for it, as we get closer to my trip.

I'm about one mile north of Ayala Mall in an area near COUntry Mall and J-Mall. I've kind of "gone native" and don't really like the big malls that much and like to be kind of on the border where people aren't shocked to see a foreigner but I have residual WGF ( I think credit should go to The Exile from 90s Russia for that term.)

I never go to nightclubs, looking for a good girl who graduated college. I spend most of my time and money in various cafes editing video and music for projects I shot in the States.

I have a pretty good knowledge of these more relaxed malls and shops in this area if you are interested.

I have also recently been to deepest Toledo and dirt floor Nipa shacks, I'm gradually expanding how far out I go so I'm not scared shitless.

I have a pretty good knowledge of this subarea

Living in Manila... - Antipodean - 03-17-2015

I am (back) in Makati now, till early April.

Anyone down for a meetup?

Just posted on the meetup subforum.

Living in Manila... - Scott Free - 03-18-2015

Finally got my Camiguin article up. Wasn't sure it deserved it's own thread, so I went ahead and tossed it in the Philippines thread. You guys in Manila, (or for anyone interested for that matter) I recommend taking a jaunt to Camiguin to relax once in a while. Try to "pack lunch" with you. Check the trip report here.

Living in Manila... - mttt - 03-19-2015

Antipodean,
i am flying out today. If you want we can catch up for a beer or sth. I am based out of Knightsbridge residence.

Enjoy your stay !

Living in Manila... - CleanSlate - 03-22-2015

What are the best day game spots in Quezon City, for during the week only?

Living in Manila... - Global Entry - 03-22-2015

From my data sheet,

Quote: (02-14-2014 02:23 AM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Quezon City is part of metro-Manila, but its like a suburb at the same time. It has its positives and negatives, and also, it should be mentioned that QC covers a huge area itself, and has its own suburbs, like Caloocan, which also seemingly has a huge population of young girls as well. The positives to me include that its somewhat less dirty than a lot of the areas of Manila, its less trashy and less freaks walking around than in parts of Makati or Malate, it has a huge population of young people who, by PI standards, are more middle class and not dirt poor. It also is less expensive for a decent hotel than either of the two other areas I suggested (M-G and the Fort). It also has its own club scene at either of the Eastwood area (which I didn't spend time in) or the Tomas Morabato area (which I visited). I will say I think even as much as filipinas (pinas, the rest of this post) are almost indifferent to age in foreign guys, the nightlife scene in QC did seem more oriented towards younger guys. At the same time, there are far fewer foreigners than in M-G or the Fort, so that is a potentially very strong positive for exotic value when you go out. You can also pull girls online from the surrounding areas such as Antipolo, parts of Pasig, Caloocan, and Valenzuela, where your exotic value will be much higher.

The major downside for QC are its remoteness from non-QC nitelife, as it can take minimum 30 minutes by taxi at night to visit the Burgos St. area of Makati, and another 10 for M-G clubs, and far longer during the day. Going to Prive and the clubs near High St. would take perhaps twice as long, but again its dependent on the time of day. At the length of commute though, to me its basically a non-starter. QC is also much further from the airport, and all of the daytime activity seems to be mall driven. There are several sizable malls to visit of course, but really, once you've seen one mall, you've seen them all. You can visit the park around the QC city monument also, or head to the beach in Caloocan perhaps. There must be more to do, but I certainly didn't encounter it, even when I asked girls what they would suggest for something to do during the day. Other than swimming somewhere, it was basically about the mall.

When you're in QC, both day game at a mall and online are both vigorously available. Like with anywhere in Manila (and Cebu) there is little to no reason to pipeline in advance. I did a little bit but it wasn't really necessary. I'd think that if you want to go on a date, and you use FC (if you're willing to cough up 35 USD for a month, I found it very much worth it - rather than sorting through the freaks on DIA), you can find a date in less than an hour and have her meet you somewhere immediately, or you can just head out and instadate. The SM City mall in central QC is an epicenter of malls for the area, large with a ton of food options. Its also closely proximate to Tomas Morabato, so if you head there in the evening, you can walk a short walk to the Morabato bar area (look for Chili's restaurant, the bars are nearby on the same street).

I was full up with meetings when I stayed in QC, and then got a throat infection. Fortunately, I was staying at a place called the Lemon Tree (around 41USD/night) and there was a hospital across the street, so I was better a day later. The first date I had when I got there was at a place called SM Fairview, which was way fucking further than I planned to go from my hotel Nonetheless, my nineteen year old gal showed up (a bit late, as Pinas tend to do), we walked around, I got a haircut, I bought some socks, and she introduced me to her auntie (not shitting you, and Auntie didn't even cockblock at all). An hour later we went to QC memorial park to eat, it started raining, back to the hotel for a "nap," boom (every hole). The hotel itself didn't make any kind of issue about bringing the gal up to the room other than making her sign in the visitor book. And though their policies said they had the right to charge me more for an overnight guest, they didn't even try. I came up with a stock joke when I'd be bringing a girl back to any hotel, as we'd walk up I would make a joke about her being a Zamboanga terrorist in front of the desk. It would diffuse any tension (at least in my mind) and everyone would usually laugh, and then the signing in moment would be over and we'd be on to the room.

Thanks GE. Would it be too much trouble if I go to QC and try to bring a girl back to my place at the Fort? Maybe it's better if I just use FC and get girls from QC to come over to the Fort and meet me there?

Living in Manila... - Global Entry - 03-22-2015

Its quite a trip. Why use FC to get girls from QC - just get them from Taguig and Makati, and places further south.

Quote: (03-22-2015 05:28 PM)Global Entry Wrote:  

Its quite a trip. Why use FC to get girls from QC - just get them from Taguig and Makati, and places further south.

Foreigner value? I hear foreigners have less value in the Fort or Makati, but I could be wrong.

Living in Manila... - the-dream - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-22-2015 06:05 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Foreigner value? I hear foreigners have less value in the Fort or Makati, but I could be wrong.

True, but the increase in difficulty of getting a girl from QC to the Fort is greater than the decrease in difficulty of QC girl vs a more local girl. If you want QC girls, stay in QC. If you want to feel like you're in a 1st world country, stay in the fort.

You won't understand quite how bad the logistics are in Metro Manila until you witness it yourself, especially for the people with a local wage relying on public transport as opposed to taxis.

Living in Manila... - Stompin_Tom - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-24-2015 03:26 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2015 06:05 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

True, but the increase in difficulty of getting a girl from QC to the Fort is greater than the decrease in difficulty of QC girl vs a more local girl. If you want QC girls, stay in QC. If you want to feel like you're in a 1st world country, stay in the fort.

You won't understand quite how bad the logistics are in Metro Manila until you witness it yourself, especially for the people with a local wage relying on public transport as opposed to taxis.

MRT is the best way to get between Makati, Ortigas, Mall of Asia and QC.

Living in Manila... - Stompin_Tom - 03-24-2015

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread or not but Mall of Asia is a great day game spot. If you're like me and you hate day gaming in malls, this is a nice alternative because it's essentially an outdoor mall. It doesn't have the noise and chaotic atmosphere of a typical indoor mall. On top of that, you have a boardwalk right beside the mall on the Manila Bay that's perfect for insta-dates and gaming as well. You can take the MRT close to the mall (the last stop) and then hop in a jeepney for the remainder of the trip.

I walked over to the boardwalk one day and sat on the ledge watching the sunset and a cute 20 year old filipina with a hot ass came and sat next to meet. I chatted her up for a bit and next thing you know we were off on an idate. I got her contact details but it didn't end in a bang because she was going back to her province early the next day. That was the only approach I did because I discovered it late in the trip but it proves how easy it is.

Living in Manila... - CleanSlate - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-24-2015 05:03 PM)Stompin_Tom Wrote:  

MRT is the best way to get between Makati, Ortigas, Mall of Asia and QC.

Yeah I'm thinking of using MRT Line 3 to go from the Fort (the Buendia stop, 3 minute cab ride from where I'm staying) to QC, and the other way to Mall of Asia. Is it safe, not too crowded, and easy to navigate?

I see it closes at 11 pm weekdays and 10 pm on weekends, obviously not ideal.

http://dotcmrt3.gov.ph/guide.php

Looking at the fare structure, it looks like 11 pesos from Buendia to Ortigas... that's like 30 cents?

Living in Manila... - Malo - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-24-2015 05:20 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Is it safe, not too crowded, and easy to navigate?

LOL this made me chuckle. It's very crowded, has frequent delays and malfunctions, and watch your belongings. Tell girls to take MRT so to come to see you and watch them cringe time and time again.

Quote: (03-24-2015 06:02 PM)Malo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2015 05:20 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Is it safe, not too crowded, and easy to navigate?

LOL this made me chuckle. It's very crowded, has frequent delays and malfunctions, and watch your belongings. Tell girls to take MRT so to come to see you and watch them cringe time and time again.

Damn, haha. Guess it's all cabbies or buses then, or maybe jeepneys.

^ Realistically you will use taxis or uber. Buses and jeepneys are viable sometimes but often take huge detours and in Manila traffic, that makes the trip vvvvvery long.

Not to mention queues for the buses or jeepneys, which span HUNDREDS of people often times.

Mall of Asia to Makati CBD took me 1.5 hours with a bus (and that one had no queue). And then needed a taxi to my condo from there anyway. I chucked it up to experience, and the conclusion was: no more buses.

Here's a rule of thumb about Manila: if you're broke, don't go there.

It's not a cheap city. If you think you can "live like the locals" and save money, you'll find yourself 'living the nightmare'.

Be prepared to spend. It's not as bad as it sounds, but doing Manila on a tight budget is just a bad idea. Save some money and go later.

Quote: (03-24-2015 06:12 PM)Malo Wrote:  

^ Realistically you will use taxis or uber. Buses and jeepneys are viable sometimes but often take huge detours and in Manila traffic, that makes the trip vvvvvery long.

Not to mention queues for the buses or jeepneys, which span HUNDREDS of people often times.

Mall of Asia to Makati CBD took me 1.5 hours with a bus. And then needed a taxi to my condo. I chucked it up to experience, and the conclusion was: no more buses.

Here's a rule of thumb about Manila: if you're broke, don't go there.

It's not a cheap city. If you think you can "live like the locals" and save money, you'll find yourself 'living the nightmare'.

Be prepared to spend. It's not as bad as it sounds, but doing Manila on a tight budget is just a bad idea. Save some money and go later.

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it bro. Budget isn't too much of a concern, and I'm prepared to spend when necessary.

Cool then. Party on [Image: smile.gif]

Living in Manila... - worldtraveler3 - 03-24-2015

It's also quite difficult to find a reasonable priced condo in makati greenbelt area less than 50 USD a day. So if you are on a budget, manila isn't ideal.

Living in Manila... - FortYrOldVirgin - 03-24-2015

Dream is right about how crucial logistics is for meeting girls. I dont think it is necessarily the difficulty in getting them to trek out to where you are because if they really want to see you, they will see you. Im finding the timing to be the more difficult factor. Trying to set up several dates with a girl from mandaluyong and another from quezon city in the same day is easier said than done when you take in to account ridiculous traffic, their work schedule, your gym/party schedule, etc.

I have to respectfully disagree with Malo on expensive cost in Manila. I assume we are comparing to other major cities in other countries?

^ I compare to costs in a few other far east countries. It's also more expensive than a few Central European countries.

My point is that people shouldn't except "3rd world country prices" as they may find in other places in the region.

And just want shatter dreams of doing Manila on a backpacker budget. It can be done, but it won't be pleasant.

If you enjoy spending 6 hours a day in transportation (like many many locals do) cause you don't want to take taxis, then ignore my warning..

Living in Manila... - FortYrOldVirgin - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-24-2015 08:36 PM)Malo Wrote:  

And just want shatter dreams of doing Manila on a backpacker budget. It can be done, but it won't be pleasant.

If you enjoy spending 6 hours a day in transportation (like many many locals do) cause you don't want to take taxis, then ignore my warning..

Completely agree, Manila on a backpacker budget sounds like a nightmare! If I were travelling under these circumstances, I wouldn't even bother flying into Manila.

Living in Manila... - Scott Free - 03-24-2015

Quote: (03-24-2015 06:06 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Damn, haha. Guess it's all cabbies or buses then, or maybe jeepneys.

Yeah, this is much safer. Better to take a taxi or hire a vehicle with driver for your stay, especially if money isn't a problem. I hired a guy with a minivan to take my American buddy and me around town for P3500 a day. Since money is not an issue for me, I'd rather pay that than have to worry about my buddy getting pick pocketed or worse, or at the very least having to deal with the hassles of a commute.

Try to venture out a bit later in the evening hours. Traffic in the Metro Manila area usually starts ramping up after lunch and can go until around 9p or so... Whenever I set out from QC to visit a friend in Makati, Manila etc. I go as late as possible. You'll find that Manila is the city that really never sleeps, not NYC. Haha!