Roosh V Forum
South Korea - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: South Korea (/thread-1682.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

South Korea - spalex - 01-09-2017

So uhh, am I the only one who is bothered by cunts constantly coughing and sneezing on you?

And the whole, eating with your mouth open and chewing as loud as possible.

South Korea - Mr. Nobody From Nowhere - 01-09-2017

Quote: (01-08-2017 10:03 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

To think that an average white guy will do as well as 20nation/thc is unrealistic. Those guys are top 1% in terms of game/looks and actually write about it for a living. Overall, looking at s. Korea reports on this forum it seems that most guys who visit short term struggle mightily.

Tinder is a pretty good barometer here. If you're getting worthwhile returns on it then you've got the right look and can either farm it or go out in person and do the same. If you're more average you're a lot better off going out in person and being a monkey show.

Quote: (01-08-2017 10:03 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

I wonder if the country is any easier for the Yanks (military) who are stationed there and can pursue long term game. Anyone can provide first-hand experience?

Stuff like curfew and out-of-the-way housing fucks soldiers over before any other factors are introduced. No Koreans I've ever talked to are particularly fond of soldiers either. Nothing personal on my part but I think it's even more of a handicap than being an English teacher.

Quote: (01-09-2017 07:34 AM)spalex Wrote:  

So uhh, am I the only one who is bothered by cunts constantly coughing and sneezing on you?

And the whole, eating with your mouth open and chewing as loud as possible.

Well, you're definitely in Korea. If you didn't already hate old people this place will make you question what they really bring to the table. Just wait until someone tries to push you of the way at a busy subway stop.

South Korea - William Adams - 01-09-2017

Quote: (11-15-2016 07:00 AM)Dansure Wrote:  

Ok so here is the second part of my South Korea report. I went to Taipei in between
The next day I had a table reserved at Octagon with the guy and 3 of his friends. All of them were white, one relatively tall and good looking (In comparison:I look also white, but middle eastern). Same shit as the night before. We wouldn't even get a girl to drinks with us on our table. Again, I don't think that's due to bad game, looks or fashion. That was plane racism there. We had a Korean friend with us. He managed to get some girl to the table. But many would leave as they saw that he is with foreigners. to be fair I have to add that I was very tired that day and got too drunk a bit too early.

The day after that I had a table at Arena with the same group of guys. First of all: I can confirm what whiteknight said. Holy shit the girls are hot here. Never seen anything like that before in my life. It was pretty alright as we started (at 1) but around 2 it would get horribly packed. It was so packed that even going to the restroom was annoying as shit. Dancing? Impossible. You would just be kick and hit by the crowd and sometimes even burned by cigarettes. They let in way too many people. I hated it. Anyway: we try to approach in groups of two. By ourselves. Teamed up with Korean dudes. No fucking chance. Reactions were even extremer than at Mass. You walk up and they turn away or their faces changes from smile to annoyed the moment they see you approaching. I saw some other foreigners there as well but they seemed to have the same experience. After not being able to even chat with a girl (they for the other 4 guys) and the place getting even more packed, I started to get sick of the EDM music combined with so much racism. Btw many of the girls pretended not to speak English but I am pretty sure 50% of them could. I left around 5. Some of the other guys stayed until 8 and said the the club continued to get more packed and that it could a bit better as most people there were pretty drunk around that time.

I was rejected a couple of times, but still met several 7-9 girls in Hongdae, Octagon etc, although I agree that places like Octagon, Answer etc are very competitive and Hongdae has too many young and insecure 20 year old girls. I do also agree that overall, South Korea appears to be harder than Japan and Taiwan (Taipei).

The thing is that when a place is so competitive you have to be quite top yourself and some factors cannot be changed. For instance, I am a short guy but I have a pretty face and am super jacked and girls can see in my eyes that my confidence is very high. For instance, I was rejected by a 7.5 in Octagon but then walked straight to an 8 and started dancing with her very intimately. Fucked a couple of girls during my last trip. [Image: banana.gif]

Middle Eastern guys are generally not as well received as European males, but a nice face and a fitness physique are perhaps even more important factors.

Ps. Avoid Korean guys in general. Almost all cockblockers. Whether or not they seems to be on your side, they will cockblock you. Go alone or with a few - preferably good-looking - foreigners.

South Korea - Mr. Nobody From Nowhere - 01-10-2017

Is Seoul going to be dead during Seollal? I figure anyone out getting drunk instead of at home with their family during the long weekend is some sort of degenerate (such as myself) but I'm watching flights to Tokyo get more and more expensive and wondering if I should tank my bank account a little further while there's a reason to.

South Korea - YLS - 03-07-2017

Hey i'm gonna go live in korea for 3 months soon
People interested in meet up game and have fun together add me on line or kakao
Line Id : [redacted]
kakao : [redacted]

South Korea - Bound2 - 03-07-2017

Delete that shit bruh, send it in a PM hahaha

South Korea - MPD - 03-08-2017

Holy kimchi hope that's not your full name!

South Korea - TTT - 04-13-2017

Yo fellas, new member here. Any members in the Busan area? I'm here until end of July.

South Korea - theoneandonly - 05-30-2017

I was interested in SK for a while, even picked up a textbook and joined some local Korean meetups.
I went last year and had such a bad time in Seoul that I don't know if I can ever think about it in the same way.

Hope others are having better luck cracking dat.

South Korea - Chris Brown - 05-30-2017

With all the success South Korea has had why doesnt North Korea get with the programme and be like the south?

South Korea - s6x - 06-09-2017

What do Koreans think of short foreigners? like 5'7

South Korea - TTT - 06-10-2017

Generally they won't mind, they won't really consider you short or anything. All you need to be is normal looking and everyone will be saying how "handsome" you are.

South Korea - Travel Museums - 06-16-2017

Only one bad thing happened to me during my month in Seoul.

I was sitting in the handicap seat section of the train. Dead tired and my back pain at about an 8-9 after hiking the city wall.

Some old lady taps me to tell me the seats are for old people. I quizzically look at her and cut her off by raising my hand in a stop your bullshit motion, point to the handicap logo, then go back to zoning out for my 4 stops.

She gets offended and goes relentless on me. I tell her to harass the woman across from me. She's got two 5 year olds sitting in the same section. They're bouncing around like lunatics and actually standing on the seats.

She gets even more infuriated. Starts yelling at me. I tell her look lady can't you see I'm tired and in pain. Unless you're a chiropractor you need to buzz off. She's going off about her civic duty.

I could have easily engaged this cunt politely. But I had a few stops and really needed to get off my feet. Nobody standing seemed in worse shape than me and if they did virtually every other person was more able to give theirs up.

Id get nasty looks after long days sightseeing in japan. my gf would go out of her way to politely explain my medical condition to grumpy old people. I'd always tell her you need to stop that. It's none of their business. She'd say I know but you look like superman so people are just going to assume you're a selfish prick or ignorant of the rules.

I had another nasty interaction with an old lady sweeping the street who tried to hit me with her broom for walking inside an open gate to read the historical sign. She saw me quietly reading the historical blurb. Reaction? Raise her broom over her head, start screaming in Korean, and wack me.

In Korea age is a big issue. Old people are used to treating younger ones like shit. You're just supposed to shut up and take it. Even if you're a tourist doing nothing wrong.

South Korea - whiteknightrises - 06-16-2017

What you did is not ok

When you go to a foreign country, you should respect the norms of that country

Or, explain your condition and not just disrespectfully raise your hand at her in a "stop your bullshit" motion to an old lady

Korea is not a place where you do things like that to older people
Or call them "cunts"

If you don't like that, leave and stay in America where you call old people by their first name, wear shoes in the house, etc

Also, walking inside a gate... Maybe you were trespassing on private property. Something that Americans are usually anal about (shouldn't be anything new)

South Korea - Ultimate Wingman - 06-17-2017

Quote: (06-16-2017 05:07 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

In Korea age is a big issue. Old people are used to treating younger ones like shit. You're just supposed to shut up and take it. Even if you're a tourist doing nothing wrong.

This is true. My ex-gf is Korean and her and her sister always bitched about old ppl, specifically the whole cutting in line in front of you thing.

I remember the first time experiencing it after learning about this phenomenon and thinking oh shit, this is real?

South Korea - MPD - 06-22-2017

People of ROK, any western/American style bars in gangnam (you know, where you can actually talk to people and girls outside your group or roll solo)?

I know itaewon has a few (Thursday party, prost, etc), same with hongdae. No luck with gangnam though (Dublin and bulldog come close but still miss the mark)

Beers for your troubles!

South Korea - lovingseoul - 06-25-2017

MPD, I used to go to Gangnam back in the day. I tend to stick to Itaewon these days. My two fave spots were right across from each other.

Woodstock - Western bar with a casual atmosphere, at least 1 darts machine, and friendly staff. Most people come in groups but a sociable guy shouldn't have much problems mingling and meeting new people. Clientele used to be 80% foreigners, but when I went last year the ratio of locals/foreigners was more even. They play a lot of oldies there [Image: smile.gif]

Rainbow lounge - Right across from Woodstock. It's a shisha/hookah lounge. I found the shisha to be mediocre because I couldn't detect any nicotine (mostly fruity flavors with no actual tobacco). But they do have good deals on the drink buckets from what I recall, but I haven't been there in years. Again, most people come as groups and sit as groups around small tables. But you can try talking to girls sitting around you or when you're standing in line to order drinks/shisha.

Or might I suggest the fridge beer places (called Maek-ju Chang-ko in Korean). There are probably dozens of them in the Gangnam area. Some even have darts machines. Depending on the night, you will see groups of girls pregaming there. I found the best time to talk to them was either when they're playing darts or picking out beers. Korean girls don't really know much about craft beer. They think Hoegaarden is tasty. I'm sure they'd appreciate some insight into new tasty beers they have yet to try!

South Korea - MPD - 06-26-2017

Thanks buddy. Rep'd!

I went to Rainbow a few times. Always with a girl though so never really tried to mingle (will change that).

Funny thing is it's always the girl that wants go there. What is it about hookah places that...

Oh, never mind [Image: biggrin.gif]

South Korea - snacky20 - 07-13-2017

Is it common that dudes take off their shirts in korean clubs? lol
https://www.facebook.com/ClubArenakorea/...=3&theater

South Korea - whiteknightrises - 07-13-2017

You see it sometimes

Zyzz/bodybuilder wannabe types

Or maybe people who are hot (Korea is really hot and humid in the summer, plus the clubs can get packed)

South Korea - bgbusiness - 07-14-2017

Dam, this post has a lot of insights.
As a Korean who lived in US since 9 years old and I am now in my early 20s, I can agree to most of the stuff said here.
Although I haven't gamed in Korea, but the FOB chicks tend to have the same mentality as the land in US.

Thanks a lot.

I will add though, these Korean chicks are masters of manipulations and just having no remorse sometimes, same as other chicks in US, don't think that they have a cute/innocent face, they will behave differently.

South Korea - Superman - 08-01-2017

Anyone want to meet up?
I am in Korea for 3 weeks.
Been here for 4 days been laid once.
Would like a wing.
Please pm for kakao, line or whats app.
2 weeks in seoul, 1 week gn Busan.

South Korea - sonoran_ - 09-17-2017

Help me decide if I should go to Korea.

- 2 friends are planning to go for Winter Olympics.

Pros: more foreign girls present; 1 friend is Korean so we will have a local experience.

Cons: Too many tourists; I have a budget of $2500 CAD but I was more interested in going to Latin America; would be better to visit Korea in the summer?
maybe an increase in prices of everything due to Olympics present.

South Korea - Travel Museums - 09-18-2017

I can't imagine going to Korea in winter. I was in Seoul in October and by the end it was too cold to enjoy it. Going to any city during the Olympics is dumb unless you're actually going for the Games. Worst and most expensive time to visit.

South Korea - sonoran_ - 09-19-2017

My friends would probably go to a lot of events but I'm not trying to spend that much money, espcially to a cold place. Maybe 2 events max.

Ya youre right, I should spend that 2500$ elsewhere.