Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 06-18-2014

Odessa advantages:
-Smaller city with walkable center
-Way way cheaper
-Girls who are easier (for me)
-Girls who are just as pretty (if not prettier) on average
-No face control

Moscow advantage:
-Better initial reception
-More nightlife options

I wanted to love Russia, and gave it 6 weeks, but for at least the summer I think Ukraine is a better option. When I get bored of Ukraine, I'll probably head back to Poland. Ukraine and Poland seem to be my destiny.

The Russia Thread - Constitution45 - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 04:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Odessa advantages:
-Smaller city with walkable center
-Way way cheaper
-Girls who are easier (for me)
-Girls who are just as pretty (if not prettier) on average
-No face control

Moscow advantage:
-Better initial reception
-More nightlife options

I wanted to love Russia, and gave it 6 weeks, but for at least the summer I think Ukraine is a better option. When I get bored of Ukraine, I'll probably head back to Poland. Ukraine and Poland seem to be my destiny.

In the hypothetical situation, if you had more money and wanted to settle; would you consider Russia ?

Quote:Quote:

In the hypothetical situation, if you had more money and wanted to settle; would you consider Russia ?

Probably not. Why pay 2 or 3x more and not get 2x the result?

The Russia Thread - Travesty - 06-18-2014

Roosh, do you find as your travel experience increases it takes you less time to judge a country's merits?

6 weeks for all the work you put into learning Russian seems quick, of course you will use that language for life in some ways.

As a beginner traveller I feel like it would take me a 3+ months.

The Russia Thread - Menace - 06-18-2014

Russian is just as useful in Eastern Ukraine. I think this is a smart move on Roosh's part. There is no reason to slog it out when he knows he can get more better faster cheaper.

Quote: (06-18-2014 04:42 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Roosh, do you find as your travel experience increases it takes you less time to judge a country's merits?

Yes, only because I have a lot of prior data to compare it to.

Quote:Quote:

6 weeks for all the work you put into learning Russian seems quick, of course you will use that language for life in some ways.

Like Menace said, Russian is the dominant language in Odessa, and less people there speak English than in Moscow it seems. This is no excuse to stop learning Russian.

The Russia Thread - Kuba - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 04:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

That is a reminder for all of us, don't idealize and pedestalize anything before first-hand experience. I think this is really humble by your side too, being able to recognize an "error" and andjust your path.

Good luck with your new Odessean adventure (and bang Anna again [Image: banana.gif])

The Russia Thread - Orion - 06-18-2014

I knew Roosh's adventure in Russia would end very soon, because i somehow knew what he expected from Russia and i knew he would not get it, especially not from Moscow.

Russia, despite what media say, is not a conservative paradise filled with cute blondes and cheap booze. Russia is a sphere of it's own, with it's own "big cities", culture, habits, whereabouts. It does not invest much effort into being likable to people outside. Russians are not conservative westerners. Russians are Russians.

As a man of Slavic culture myself, i always liked Russian girls very much, and preferred them to those from my country, for i felt Russian girls are way more honest, open, emotional and submissive.

Still, Russia, as a land locked country in northern frost, demands a doze of irrationality and personal preference. I can understand why someone does not see it as an investment that will return.

The Russia Thread - DaveR - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 02:57 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Why the 2 options? Why not St. Petersburg?

St. Petersburg is much more conservative, so I don't see how that would help Roosh in any way.

In addition -- as I pointed out in the thread on Beiber's girl -- Americans tend to prefer full, curvy body types, which are more commonly found in Ukraine.

I imagine Ukraine would be somewhat of a paradise at the moment due to the girls' desperation. Some of the more recent reports have given weight to that theory.
Their country is in a very difficult position and there is no hope of that improving within the next few years. That dramatically increases the value of all men from "holiday" countries.

The Russia Thread - Pacesetter20 - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 04:04 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

I think you'll get bored in a smaller town.

Outskirts of Moscow gives you more options and life is ALL about having options.
Plus you'll have girls who can speak english too
, so you can have variety. Having to speak Russian all the time is probably exhausting enough. Granted, you'll develop it more in a smaller town, but I think I'd go nuts not having some english speaking girls around too.

Can you break this down?

What are the best neighborhoods to stay? What are the best venues have all of these "normal" Russian girls that speak English really well?

The Russia Thread - TripleG - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 09:46 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Well Roosh, most of us are not also working. You work during the day and then to do massive dating, yeah, it takes a lot of energy. Consider getting some modafinil to keep things going.

Menace, as an older guy yourself and a chemistry guru I think it would be an awesome thread if you could comment more (pros/cons) on some of these "drugs" which can increase older players (30+) vitality and energy, especially for going out. This is something that Akula mentioned and that hit me hard when I turned around 32 and that is the inability to pull more than 2-3 nights in a row of heavy going out and clubbing. I have yet to find a safe "drug" that can work magic and red bulls just don't cut it anymore. [Image: angry.gif]

The Russia Thread - Menace - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 08:44 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

Quote: (06-18-2014 09:46 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Well Roosh, most of us are not also working. You work during the day and then to do massive dating, yeah, it takes a lot of energy. Consider getting some modafinil to keep things going.

Menace, as an older guy yourself and a chemistry guru I think it would be an awesome thread if you could comment more (pros/cons) on some of these "drugs" which can increase older players (30+) vitality and energy, especially for going out. This is something that Akula mentioned and that hit me hard when I turned around 32 and that is the inability to pull more than 2-3 nights in a row of heavy going out and clubbing. I have yet to find a safe "drug" that can work magic and red bulls just don't cut it anymore. [Image: angry.gif]

TG, I don't want to pretend to know more than I know, but I have used both adderal and modafinil to keep a late nite going. Unfortunately with modafinil, it was foreign-sourced so I am not 100% certain how much of the real drug is in there. The adderal was US sourced real-deal from friends, and it definitely works. Just take 1/2 tablet to 1 tablet at night, and you will be good to go. Basically just makes everything cool and you won't be tired.

Every drug potentially has side effects, but these have been safe in my hands with no side effects.

The Russia Thread - DaveR - 06-18-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 08:50 PM)Menace Wrote:  

adderal and modafinil

... are both controlled substances in Russia.

Adderall is basically prohibited and that causes significant difficulties for ADD 'junkies' from the US who can't get it in Russia.

Modafinil can be sourced from clinics which have their own pharmacy, but you'll need to visit a doctor and convince them that you need it. Easier done in the provinces where bribing is cheaper and more common.

The Russia Thread - Chaos - 06-18-2014

I appriciate the honesty here. Russia has been "hyped" up quite madly here during the last months and what you guys says is true. Russia is a different animal and it's not for everybody. No reason to force yourself to like something you don't like.

Personally I love Russia and I always want to go back. Not only for the girls, but also for everything else. It's a crazy crazy country with crazy people. Sometimes it feels like a zoo for wild animals and I feel myself like at home there. Let's see what the future brings.

I'm not done with Russia yet.

The Russia Thread - Travesty - 06-18-2014

^ Wow a zoo for wild animals?

I got the impression Russians were more sophisticated and like a mature older brother to Ukranians.

Can anyone break down general chaos of EE / Slavic countries?

Poland seems the most civil.

I would think Belarus would be quite calm due to the consercative nature.

Where does Romania fit in? How about the Baltics?

Is Russia more wild than Ukraine? The story of shit being stolen from 4th story window with no fire escape...

From my reading here most chaos to least (barring Ukraine's civil battles) reads as:

Russia
Ukraine
Baltics
Romania
Belarus
Poland (and by far the least without question)

The Russia Thread - pechorin - 06-19-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 11:41 PM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

I got the impression Russians were more sophisticated and like a mature older brother to Ukranians.

That is what Russians want you to believe. There has always had a very strong condescendance from Russians towards Ukrainians, which is absolutely not deserved.

Ukrainians are IMO on the whole much kinder persons than Russians, more polite, more modest, more friendly and welcoming, less rude, and on the whole more interesting. Furthermore, all the stereotypes about Ukrainian women, who would just be conniving, ditzy and greedy bitches (v.s Russian women who would be smart, cultured and honest) is pure BS nonsense. Most Ukrainian women are genuine, with a feminine innocence and with honest feelings and goals, and sweet, sweet sweet (it doesn't mean that they are naive). And as it has been said here, the ratio is truly hot women is higher in Ukraine than in Russia.

In the sex tourism areas (Kreshatik, Odessa, ect), there is undoubtedly many scammers, con-artists, greedy taxi drivers and money-hungry bitches, but when you are off the beaten tracks, you realise that in fact Ukrainians are very nice, honest and kind persons.

Also in Ukraine, contrarily to Russia, you are stuck by the incredible courtesy and the efficiency of the service staff in restaurants, cafes or clubs. I've travelled around the world and it's in Ukraine that I've found the best service. And when your young waitress is a sweet, modest and shy 8+ ......it's pure bliss.

Also food is IMO much better in Ukraine by the way.

The Russia Thread - Courage Reborn - 06-19-2014

Quote: (06-19-2014 03:34 AM)pechorin Wrote:  

That is what Russians want you to believe. There has always had a very strong condescendance from Russians towards Ukrainians, which is absolutely not deserved.

Ukrainians are IMO on the whole much kinder persons than Russians, more polite, more modest, more friendly and welcoming, less rude, and on the whole more interesting. Furthermore, all the stereotypes about Ukrainian women, who would just be conniving, ditzy and greedy bitches (v.s Russian women who would be smart, cultured and honest) is pure BS nonsense. Most Ukrainian women are genuine, with a feminine innocence and with honest feelings and goals, and sweet, sweet sweet (it doesn't mean that they are naive). And as it has been said here, the ratio is truly hot women is higher in Ukraine than in Russia.

In the sex tourism areas (Kreshatik, Odessa, ect), there is undoubtedly many scammers, con-artists and money-hungry bitches, but when you are off the beaten tracks, you realise that in fact Ukrainians are very nice and kind persons.

Also in Ukraine, contrarily to Russia, you are stuck by the incredible courtesy and the efficiency of the service staff in restaurants, cafes or clubs. I've travelled around the world and it's in Ukraine that I've found the best service. And when your young waitress is a sweet, modest and shy 8+ ......it's pure bliss.

Also food is IMO much better in Ukraine by the way.

Maybe "off-the-beaten-path" this holds true. Small towns and outskirts always have better quality. You can find sweet girls in small town USA also.

But restaurant service in Kiev to me, is #1 worst in the world. Service in Moscow is on par with what you get in Poland, Baltics, etc.

There are no sex tourists in Moscow. It's too expensive, and the visa too much of a hassle. This is a good thing for game.

As far as kindness in general...I don't know. I've found both Ukrainian & Russian, (non-club/non-online) to be equally very sweet.

The Russia Thread - Orion - 06-19-2014

From my reading here most chaos to least (barring Ukraine's civil battles) reads as:

Russia
Ukraine
Baltics
Romania
Belarus
Poland (and by far the least without question)

Define chaos. Russians are pretty calm and cool by nature of their behavior.

If you are talking about legal stuff, or how their cities feel, then Poland would not rate better than Baltic. Also, Romania is quite chaotic.

Quote: (06-19-2014 05:23 AM)Orion Wrote:  

Russians are pretty calm and cool by nature of their behavior.

But they can become berserk in a heartbeat.

The Russia Thread - bulldog - 06-19-2014

Quote: (06-18-2014 02:57 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Why the 2 options? Why not St. Petersburg?

Second for that. It's 3-rd option.
Another option: Ukrainian Cities that are not affected with the current movements and tentions between 2 contries. The list of the current cities that I would recommend visiting now: Lviv,Kiev,Odessa.

And Roosh is getting it right now [Image: smile.gif]

The Russia Thread - slubu - 06-19-2014

Man I was really hoping Moscow would stick for you Roosh, but just goes to show everyone how different each city can be for each person. For me I thought I could pull the highest quality if I lived in Moscow, even over Kiev. I didn't really get to experience gaming in Odessa since I came with a girl for all but one night of it.

It's a tough call on the expenses thing. For what I spent in Moscow I could be the king of Kreshatik out there in Kiev. I guess there are worse decisions people have to face in life.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 06-19-2014

^^^ Did you calculate your expenses based on having the Moscow lifestyle you want? I calculated about $4-5k a month, assuming I don't try to save money by sneaking liquor in the club or anything.

Everywhere else, I've been able to have my preferred lifestyle from about $2k and less.

Quote: (06-19-2014 08:06 AM)bulldog Wrote:  

Another option: Ukrainian Cities that are not affected with the current movements and tentions between 2 contries. The list of the current cities that I would recommend visiting now: Lviv,Kiev,Odessa.

Dnipropetrovsk is calm.

The Russia Thread - turkishcandy - 06-19-2014

So Roosh you want Russian or Ukrainian quality girls, but you want it to be less expensive, less time consuming and easier to bang. Maybe you should consider giving Southern Turkey a try then. In summer, there are more Russians than Turks in some districts of some cities. During nights they are all drunk and horny, looking for some nice and quick holiday sex that ''doesn't count'' of course. And it's all for the price of an EE city.

The Russia Thread - jimukr104 - 06-19-2014

Quote: (06-19-2014 10:21 AM)pechorin Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2014 08:06 AM)bulldog Wrote:  

Dnipropetrovsk is calm.

Since the UA army is being controlled by leadership camped in Dnipro....Russian armour/airstrikes will strike Dnipro first in case of war.

If you follow us in the Ukraine Conflict section you will see that things are escalating (on purpose by USA) and a war is looking more likely than ever .