Roosh V Forum
Thailand challenge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Thailand challenge (/thread-18023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thailand challenge - garygroundwork - 12-27-2012

IMO the only way colombia beats thailand is if u think latin girls are hotter oh and the charlie.

other than that thailand beats it in every way- the beaches, the attitudes of the girls, the safety, the easiness of getting laid, the shopping, the islands, the muy thai, the endless shit to do, the nightlife, the fun

EVERY night in thailand is a saturday night...colombia only gets busy on weekends. and please if i go to another club full of couples...wow. single people don't go out in colombia.

one week in medellin and u have done it... 6 months in bangkok and u are jut starting to discover it

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 12-27-2012

I think the only way to settle this is to import the Colombian lovers to Bangkok, and the Bangkok lovers to Medellin, Cali or Bogota lol. I guess what it comes down to is that we are all lucky fucks when we can bicker about which place has hotter/easier/sexier/more feminine girls who love to bang white dudes.

Thailand challenge - scotian - 12-27-2012

Quote: (12-27-2012 12:54 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Thailand isnt for everyone. Seems people eitherove it, or hate it. It also really depends on which city you were in, and where in that city you went. Living in Chiang Mai is way different than Bangkok. And Pai is crazy different. Pai is a huge backpacker/hippie town in the hillside. Not gonna find many hot Thai girls there I don't think.

Scotian, when you were in Bangkok, how many times did you go to RCA or Thonglor? You can't compare living and partying in the best areas of Medellin/Bogota, or the girls, with the best in Bangkok without spending some time in the best spots that BKK has to offer.

The girls in Thailand probably won't be as sexy as Colombian girls. Thai culture is fairly reserved. Girls will dress very nice when they go out, but are much less forward than what I hear of Latin chicks. If a Thai girl is very aggressive, she's probably a pro or a ladyboy lol.

Scotian, unless you spend a few months in BKK, it's going to be hard for you to compare it to Medellin/Bogota. You haven't lived here to do that. Pai and CM is nothing like living in Bangkok. BKK is a city you must live in to appreciate. I hated it my first trip, but now that I have friends and know where to go, I love it here. You will find countless people online who say they hated BKK, at first, but after a couple of months they love the city. This has been my experience 100%. I think it would paint a pretty inaccurate picture for you to compare Colombia to Thailand, because you lived in the best places Colombia has to offer, but In Thailand you are way off the grid. Hopefully I'll have some time when you get to BKK and I can try to show you a good time.

I agree, I haven't spent enough time in BKK and even when I was there I didn't party much, most of the time was spent jet lagged. The only club I went to was called Mixx, in the basement of some nice hotel, not sure of the location, but it was decent. I'm looking forward to going back there in the next few days (should be there by Monday), if you're around we should definitely go out for some drinks.

Honestly, the first few weeks in Thailand were brutal for me and I almost packed up and left a couple of times. This was mostly due to a lack of planning and research on my behalf but the culture shock and adjustment was intense, it took me awhile. I regret staying in the lower Sukhumvit area, although its where all the action is, seeing the shit that farangs get on with in that area made me ashamed to be a white guy for the first time in my life, no wonder some Thais are jaded or downright rude to farangs.

Chiang Mai was okay, went out a couple of times but wasn't too impressed by the bars I went to, Zoe's and Spicy were packed with dirty backpacker types (dreadlocks and no footwear) and old white dudes, most of the Thai women there ask for money to go home. I was impressed by the Warm Up club, but didn't stay long because the Muay Thai crowd I went with all showed up in singlets, shorts and sandals, I was the only one dressed in trousers, shoes and a dress shirt (big up on that data sheet you dropped, its because of that I changed my clothes before I went there). I was also refused service at a bar in CM, assuming because my friend and I were the only farangs, a few people gave us the hairy eyeball and when we asked for beers the bartender said no and shook his head, we promptly left.

Another thing about nightlife in Thailand, there's a lot lame ass, mid-life crisis type older dick heads in some of the bars. I'm sure you've all seen them; over weight, coke bottle glasses, Hawaiian shirt, sandals with white tube socks pulled up to the knee, dancing like a chipmunk on jib. Its all good when stylish, cool older guys like WEDO hanging out at clubs but these old poindexters are annoying.

Anyway, then I came up to Pai and really saw a side of Thailand that I didn't in the bigger cities, this place changed my perspective entirely, I'm so glad I came here, I only wish I had known about this place before because I would have come here as soon as I got over the jet lag in BKK. I'm gonna drop a data on Pai.

I guess the jury is still out for me on the nightlife in Thailand, I've only gone out boozing a handful of times because I've been concentrating on training, but the entire month of January will be spent partying and doing tourist activities with my Canadian friend down south, in BKK and up north. I still have a lot to see of this place.

Quote: (12-27-2012 02:30 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

IMO the only way colombia beats thailand is if u think latin girls are hotter oh and the charlie.

other than that thailand beats it in every way- the beaches, the attitudes of the girls, the safety, the easiness of getting laid, the shopping, the islands, the muy thai, the endless shit to do, the nightlife, the fun

EVERY night in thailand is a saturday night...colombia only gets busy on weekends. and please if i go to another club full of couples...wow. single people don't go out in colombia.

one week in medellin and u have done it... 6 months in bangkok and u are jut starting to discover it

Gary I generally agree but there's a few other things I like better about Colombia:

Weather: Thailand is hot as fuck throughout the entire country, well it gets cool at night up here in Pai but its still 30 during the day. Colombia has really hot weather (Caribbean coast), mild/cold (Bogota) and the best damn climate in the world (Medellin). Also the north of Thailand is a giant smoke cloud for a couple of months each year due to farmers burning crops, apparently its so bad a lot of people leave.

Language: Spanish is fairly easy to learn, 4-6 weeks and a guy can have a basic conversation, 12 weeks and a guy can engage a group in a conversation, flirt, tell jokes, etc. I don't think that can happen in Thai.

Dancing: I like to dance even if I suck at salsa, its fun to learn and a good way to meet girls or escalate with the one you're with. From what I've seen so far, Thais aren't the greatest dancers.

Home ownership: Not a priority for most guys, but I'm looking at buying a property abroad in the next few years, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that this is much more difficult in Thailand, I heard that a foreigner can own a condo but not land.

Bribes: Again, not something everyone has to worry about but if you get caught with something or doing something you shouldn't be doing in Colombia, the bribe is pretty cheap ($12-50), in Thailand I heard of people getting caught with a joint and paying $500-1000. I really don't want to have any run ins with the Thai law, so I"m on my best behavior here.

Visa: I guess the whole "Visa run" thing is a part of the Thai travel experience but I find its annoying and costly to have to leave the country to get another 30 days. In Colombia if you want more time in country (up to six months per year for tourists), you go to the DAS office and they sort you out. Again, I'm not overly familiar with this and if anyone cares to chip in on this, go ahead.

As a Canadian, Colombia is obviously closer, there's a direct flight between Toronto and Bogota (7 hours) and its in the same time zone, so jet lag isn't too much of a concern. Thailand is a similar choice for the Aussie's, there's direct flights and the time zone change isn't too bad.

I don't even like travelling that much but I think both countries are great in their own ways and I'm glad I decided to visit each one in the past year. The reason I decided to spend so much time in both countries is because I'm planning on setting up shop in one of these places over the next year or so and only returning to Canada a few months each year to make some money, its not full expat or location independence but its the best I can do in my situation.

The weather is my biggest problem with Bangkok, hands down. I honestly don't like it at all. The humidity fucks with my skin, especially my face. Couple that with hard Jiu Jitsu sessions, which leaves my face torn up from the gi sometimes, and I get little bumps on my forehead that look like shit. It isn't as bad once my body adjusts to the climate after a month or so, but it is by far my biggest complaint about Thailand. Also, it leaves you more limited in your style choices. I have a badass jacket back home that I love to wear with my 14oz. raw denim jeans, but that would be impossible here in BKK. Even just wearing my raw denim jeans and a button up shirt can be hot as balls sometimes and make me sweat like a Tijuana hooker.

Quote: (12-27-2012 04:37 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Visa: I guess the whole "Visa run" thing is a part of the Thai travel experience but I find its annoying and costly to have to leave the country to get another 30 days. In Colombia if you want more time in country (up to six months per year for tourists), you go to the DAS office and they sort you out. Again, I'm not overly familiar with this and if anyone cares to chip in on this, go ahead.

As a Canadian, Colombia is obviously closer, there's a direct flight between Toronto and Bogota (7 hours) and its in the same time zone, so jet lag isn't too much of a concern. Thailand is a similar choice for the Aussie's, there's direct flights and the time zone change isn't too bad.

It might be different for Canadians, but I'm pretty sure you can get a double entry tourist visa. I have one, which cost $80 from the Thai Consulate in LA, and I can stay for 6 months and I only have to cross the border one time at 3 months. I have friends here in Thailand on the same visa that have stayed for years, and just keep renewing. After 6 months you have to travel to KL or Vientiane or somewhere for a weekend to renew it, but you can stay for 6 months each time, with one border trip after 3 months.

I also have a lot of friends who paid 30,000 baht for a year worth of Thai lessons to get a one year education visa. They don't have to leave the country at all during that time, and also get to study Thai.

I just bought a ticket to BKK for Saturday, I'll be there in the afternoon.

I'm taking a break from the Muay Thai training and am gonna party hard in BKK, so whoever is in town get in touch and lets do this![Image: banana.gif]

Thailand challenge - Tully Mars - 12-27-2012

I have been waiting for this topic to be brought up for awhile....the comparison between Colombia and Thailand. All the points brought up for and against both countries do make sense. Obviously one of the main factors if one truly likes Thailand over Colombia or vice versa is ones preference towards Latinas or Asians. In my opinion both countries have stunning women.....and I love both.....but more importantly both countries to me have the one thing i love and that is true FREEDOM. In the plastic have a code, permit, licensed, PC western world it is the true freedom and unknown I love more than anything....and yes, both countries still have it!!!!

I agree one really can not even come close to getting a good perspective on Bangkok without spending a good chunk of time there, the in your face overwhelming nature of the place can immediately turn people off, and have them packing it up to Chiang Mai, Phuket or the islands. However, if one tends to dig beneath the surface, hook up with some BKK vets, one can find themselves hanging out with some colorful characters; authors, vietnam war vets, japanse salary men, artists, on the run wackos, you name it...then if your lucky the layers to the big mango start to peel away....the city is truly unique.

Scotian I do hope you give it some time, link up with some vets of the city...in my opinion there is no comparison to BKK nightlife, and do spend a long weekend in Pattaya. (yes it's hooker nation) BUT It is something everyone should at least experience... the worlds biggest red light district full of freaks, and weirdos....not for everyone, but if you think zona tolerencia in Bogota is crazy....wait till you check out Pattaya....to me it's about seeing as much weird fucked up shit as possible...

As far as Colombia goes, I have been living and working in Bogota almost 6 months. I finally have some free time to travel a bit and will hit Medellin for a short visit. Luckily I am going with some local Paisa's from Medellin, and straying far from the gringoed over played venues....from all my colombian vets here in Bogota, they tell me the girls know the score down in Medellin, and stay far from the gringo trail.....unless you want Prepagos that will play the game....it helps to have an in, social circle and the good girls really want to know if your sticking around longer than a week or two. Medellin has gotten over run and over played by western men in the last 10 years looking for young cheap pussy....I still hear it's a beautiful city, and Paisa women are known as the best looking in all Colombia....but it's best to stay away from certain places, and even check out smaller cities such as manizales and Pererira.

I still have more of Colombia, and South America to explore this summer, but I am already in the process of setting myself up in both Thailand and Colombia for the long haul.... I do anticipate both these countries exploding in growth in the next 20-30 years...by that time as an old man, I plan on having condos/stakes in both countries, laughing my ass off at my western friends holed up waiting to die on some country club/golf course in southern Florida or Arizona....while I will still have the option to bang young sexy latinas and asians....and hang out with like minded kooky expats from all over the world....so enjoy both places and most importantly enjoy your freedom!!!

Thailand challenge - DirectDanger - 12-27-2012

@WEDO
I have several guy friends in the 45 to 60 range who date very hot normal girls between 20 and 30. The difference is each of these guys is a classy business guy who never goes to the girly bars, or even to RCA which we all talk about because older guys can't score their.

How they all get the girls is chatting up the waitress, the secretary, the girl working at the mall, etc… You will need to focus almost all of your attention on day game and show that you are charming and fun guy. If you stay long enough and build a social circle with other older business guys you will start to meet girls at house parties, and other social events.

I would say that guys in the age range of 45 to 60 who do this is less than 20%. Most find the lure of easy pussy from the semi-pros and pros to tempting and never get out of the trap. Often times they loose priorities and stop trying to make money and forget about their health and eventually become the sad souls people like to make fun of. This happens more times than not. Thailand can suck you in if you are not careful.

---------

@scotian
Everything @RioNomad has said is the truth. Bangkok is not an easy place to enjoy at first. I, like so many before me, hated it the first couple of times I went. Then it grows on you and start to love it… And then a few years later you might start to hate it again.

If you can find a place to stay around Thonglor or Ekamai your whole view of the city will change. Stay between Asoke (Sukhumvit Soi 21) and Ekamai (soi 63). Stay away from lower Sukhumvit.

---------

@RioNomad
Keep up with the stories and info. This thread needs your knowledge so people don't get a distorted view on Bangkok.

Thailand challenge - Kdog - 12-27-2012

Quote: (12-27-2012 05:23 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2012 04:37 AM)scotian Wrote:  

It might be different for Canadians, but I'm pretty sure you can get a double entry tourist visa. I have one, which cost $80 from the Thai Consulate in LA, and I can stay for 6 months and I only have to cross the border one time at 3 months. I have friends here in Thailand on the same visa that have stayed for years, and just keep renewing. After 6 months you have to travel to KL or Vientiane or somewhere for a weekend to renew it, but you can stay for 6 months each time, with one border trip after 3 months.

I also have a lot of friends who paid 30,000 baht for a year worth of Thai lessons to get a one year education visa. They don't have to leave the country at all during that time, and also get to study Thai.
I'm just wondering if someone can help me I'm not sure if I need a visa or not. Last time I went I had the 60 day tourist visa cause I knew I wasn't leaving. But this time I might check out Singapore for a few days. But I'm confused with the visas they give you when leaving and returning to Thai customs. I heard its different depending on if you are flying out or crossing by land, 15 days or 30 days. My trip is only a total of 2 months.
Any help is appreciated!

Quote: (12-27-2012 08:54 AM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

I have been waiting for this topic to be brought up for awhile....the comparison between Colombia and Thailand. All the points brought up for and against both countries do make sense. Obviously one of the main factors if one truly likes Thailand over Colombia or vice versa is ones preference towards Latinas or Asians. In my opinion both countries have stunning women.....and I love both.....but more importantly both countries to me have the one thing i love and that is true FREEDOM. In the plastic have a code, permit, licensed, PC western world it is the true freedom and unknown I love more than anything....and yes, both countries still have it!!!!

I agree one really can not even come close to getting a good perspective on Bangkok without spending a good chunk of time there, the in your face overwhelming nature of the place can immediately turn people off, and have them packing it up to Chiang Mai, Phuket or the islands. However, if one tends to dig beneath the surface, hook up with some BKK vets, one can find themselves hanging out with some colorful characters; authors, vietnam war vets, japanse salary men, artists, on the run wackos, you name it...then if your lucky the layers to the big mango start to peel away....the city is truly unique.

Scotian I do hope you give it some time, link up with some vets of the city...in my opinion there is no comparison to BKK nightlife, and do spend a long weekend in Pattaya. (yes it's hooker nation) BUT It is something everyone should at least experience... the worlds biggest red light district full of freaks, and weirdos....not for everyone, but if you think zona tolerencia in Bogota is crazy....wait till you check out Pattaya....to me it's about seeing as much weird fucked up shit as possible...

As far as Colombia goes, I have been living and working in Bogota almost 6 months. I finally have some free time to travel a bit and will hit Medellin for a short visit. Luckily I am going with some local Paisa's from Medellin, and straying far from the gringoed over played venues....from all my colombian vets here in Bogota, they tell me the girls know the score down in Medellin, and stay far from the gringo trail.....unless you want Prepagos that will play the game....it helps to have an in, social circle and the good girls really want to know if your sticking around longer than a week or two. Medellin has gotten over run and over played by western men in the last 10 years looking for young cheap pussy....I still hear it's a beautiful city, and Paisa women are known as the best looking in all Colombia....but it's best to stay away from certain places, and even check out smaller cities such as manizales and Pererira.

I still have more of Colombia, and South America to explore this summer, but I am already in the process of setting myself up in both Thailand and Colombia for the long haul.... I do anticipate both these countries exploding in growth in the next 20-30 years...by that time as an old man, I plan on having condos/stakes in both countries, laughing my ass off at my western friends holed up waiting to die on some country club/golf course in southern Florida or Arizona....while I will still have the option to bang young sexy latinas and asians....and hang out with like minded kooky expats from all over the world....so enjoy both places and most importantly enjoy your freedom!!!

Very well put sir!

Quote: (12-27-2012 11:52 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

I'm just wondering if someone can help me I'm not sure if I need a visa or not. Last time I went I had the 60 day tourist visa cause I knew I wasn't leaving. But this time I might check out Singapore for a few days. But I'm confused with the visas they give you when leaving and returning to Thai customs. I heard its different depending on if you are flying out or crossing by land, 15 days or 30 days. My trip is only a total of 2 months.
Any help is appreciated!

If you fly in, you get 30 days on arrival. If you come by land, you get 15 days. I believe what you can do is get a single entry tourist visa, and then before you go to Singapore, you can go to customs and get a reentry visa/stamp. I haven't done this, but my understanding is that then when you leave Thailand and come back, your single entry tourist visa will still be valid since you got the reentry stamp. Where as if you didn't get the reentry stamp, you would essentially be wasting your single entry visa and be put on a standard 30 day tourist visa. This is second hand info, so you may want to double check.

Thailand challenge - enfuego - 12-28-2012

Well, I got my Thai flag my first night here.

I arrive at 10 pm and met a girl from thaifriendly at midnight. She had money, drove to meet me, but seemed extremely nervous. Ultimately, it was contagious and I had to let her go. Went to myst then spicy, following DVY's advice to chop everything that moved. Both places were full of pros and I learned that even if not dressed the part, the girls at those places are working girls. Finally, I got a girl to come back with me "just to sleep". Obviously we did more, though she tried to shake me down in the morning, but made the mistake of hitting me for the money in the lobby of the hotel rather than in my room.

This thread has been a great resource and in particular, the advice to establish payment parameters well in advance of going home with a girl.

Thailand challenge - WEDO - 12-28-2012

Quote: (12-28-2012 04:36 AM)enfuego Wrote:  

Well, I got my Thai flag my first night here.

I arrive at 10 pm and met a girl from thaifriendly at midnight. She had money, drove to meet me, but seemed extremely nervous. Ultimately, it was contagious and I had to let her go. Went to myst then spicy, following DVY's advice to chop everything that moved. Both places were full of pros and I learned that even if not dressed the part, the girls at those places are working girls. Finally, I got a girl to come back with me "just to sleep". Obviously we did more, though she tried to shake me down in the morning, but made the mistake of hitting me for the money in the lobby of the hotel rather than in my room.

This thread has been a great resource and in particular, the advice to establish payment parameters well in advance of going home with a girl.

Are Myst and Spicy pay for play establishments or do you have to sort out the pros from normal chicks in high end clubs?

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 12-28-2012

Spicy is one of the dirtiest clubs in Bangkok. Almost all pros. High end Thai clubs you won't find any pros. If you want to go to a club that isn't filled with hookers, it's very easy to do.

Thailand challenge - Don Juan Tenorio - 12-28-2012

I was discussing this very topic with Bface in private. One of the reason why some guys are having troubles in Thailand/Colombia/etc is that they approach with the mindset of a western man and this just won't work. They don't truly understand some individual and social features that cause all the predicaments that are being discussed here.

We are discussing countries which are extremely classists and conservative (at least Colombia is, and I think Thailand in spite of their tolerance to tourists messing their country is too) and you need to put in their shoes before getting in bed with them. Do you understand how do they see you? Who are you? Just an alien, a stranger who landed in their territory for who knows what reason and who will be there for only he knows what. In Colombia, except maybe for Cartagena de Indias, foreigners don't have the bad reputation they have in Thailand. If you are in Medellín, Bucaramanga or Cali you may be an export/import business man, an engineer engaged to some project, a student from a more developed country (=$€) you'll have no prejudice to deal with. You may be cool to be seen with for upper and lower classes, in Thailand no upper class woman or no decent low class woman will want to be seen by family or friends with a farang unless he has a good reason and you got a native "sponsors" that introduces you to the local social circles and can recommend you. When you have a social infrastructure in such places you can easily make the difference with the rest of shitty tourists and other expats.

Of course you can always hang out with pros or semi-pros for whom you're just an extra job with which they can have a life they can't afford with their salary. They just "lease" themselves for some time while average girls from those countries want to "sell" themselves to their husbands to be. We talk about women who get married in their early twenties and have a family by the time they're 25. Girls there don't have the craving for new experiences and getting banged for as many men as they can like they do in the west because they see such behaviour would compromise their future life. Let's say that you're offering a ride in a Ferrari, it's not that they don't like your car or they don't fancy that; just if they're seen riding the car with you no guy will want to take them in their minivan once you're gone. In the case of Bface, probably he is a pretty cool guy, and those girl want ot have sex with him but they feel if they go to bed with him they're be losing maraket value. I mean, if he is a guy just looking for a one night stand she will get rid of him and won't lose her time, if the guy is looking for good wife material she not being easy to have sex with may be an asset that would increase her value to his eyes. I'm sure avoiding the places which are overcrowded by foreigners and finding a local friend to act as scout and shield deactivator things would be way smoother.

Thailand challenge - WEDO - 12-28-2012

Quote: (12-28-2012 12:46 PM)Don Juan Tenorio Wrote:  

I was discussing this very topic with Bface in private. One of the reason why some guys are having troubles in Thailand/Colombia/etc is that they approach with the mindset of a western man and this just won't work. They don't truly understand some individual and social features that cause all the predicaments that are being discussed here.

We are discussing countries which are extremely classists and conservative (at least Colombia is, and I think Thailand in spite of their tolerance to tourists messing their country is too) and you need to put in their shoes before getting in bed with them. Do you understand how do they see you? Who are you? Just an alien, a stranger who landed in their territory for who knows what reason and who will be there for only he knows what. In Colombia, except maybe for Cartagena de Indias, foreigners don't have the bad reputation they have in Thailand. If you are in Medellín, Bucaramanga or Cali you may be an export/import business man, an engineer engaged to some project, a student from a more developed country (=$€) you'll have no prejudice to deal with. You may be cool to be seen with for upper and lower classes, in Thailand no upper class woman or no decent low class woman will want to be seen by family or friends with a farang unless he has a good reason and you got a native "sponsors" that introduces you to the local social circles and can recommend you. When you have a social infrastructure in such places you can easily make the difference with the rest of shitty tourists and other expats.

Of course you can always hang out with pros or semi-pros for whom you're just an extra job with which they can have a life they can't afford with their salary. They just "lease" themselves for some time while average girls from those countries want to "sell" themselves to their husbands to be. We talk about women who get married in their early twenties and have a family by the time they're 25. Girls there don't have the craving for new experiences and getting banged for as many men as they can like they do in the west because they see such behaviour would compromise their future life. Let's say that you're offering a ride in a Ferrari, it's not that they don't like your car or they don't fancy that; just if they're seen riding the car with you no guy will want to take them in their minivan once you're gone. In the case of Bface, probably he is a pretty cool guy, and those girl want ot have sex with him but they feel if they go to bed with him they're be losing maraket value. I mean, if he is a guy just looking for a one night stand she will get rid of him and won't lose her time, if the guy is looking for good wife material she not being easy to have sex with may be an asset that would increase her value to his eyes. I'm sure avoiding the places which are overcrowded by foreigners and finding a local friend to act as scout and shield deactivator things would be way smoother.

I hear what you are saying.

In Colombia I would say your chances of meeting prepago through a random encounter is about 15%....these are attractive women that are expecting more than just mutually satisfying sex to keep the relationship going....they want or actually in a lot of cases need a financial incentive to survive.

The vast majority of Colombian women are in the middle....putting out to guys that they consider boyfriend material in the hopes of a long term meaningful relationship.

And then there is the last 15 percent of Colombian women that are just open to having sex with whatever guy strikes their fancy....just because they are a little on the slutty side or are relatively well off financially and just aren't worried about having a man to depend on.

So you can see how putting yourself out there as a serious guy that spends a lot of time in Colombia will increase your odds dramatically with it comes to landing pussy.

Would like to hear the break down on Thailand and the US as well.

Thailand challenge - enfuego - 12-28-2012

I met a chick from thaifriendly at terminal 21 last night for coffee (hat tip to asaxon). We talked about clubbing so I suggested that we rest at my hotel before going out. Bam. That easy. Meanwhile, the more timid girl from yesterday is lighting up my phone. I'm a big fan of TF so far.

We actually did go to a couple of clubs - Levels and Bed. Completely different crowd than Myst or Spicy.

Thailand challenge - scotian - 12-29-2012

Quote: (12-28-2012 12:46 PM)Don Juan Tenorio Wrote:  

I think that foreigners have a much worse reputation in Thailand than they do in Colombia, for a number of reasons but I think that the farangs in Thailand act much worse than any gringo I observed in Colombia.

One of the reasons for this being that Thailand is way safer than Colombia and the tourists do things in Thailand that they simply couldn't do in Colombia or they'd be killed. You'll see guys piss loaded drunk staggering around Sukhumvit and the side streets after midnight, you'll also see farangs acting aggressive and fighting sometimes, starting shit inside clubs and bars, etc. You won't see that very often in Colombia, I never did. Also, Thailand attracts a lot of low-end tourists types, north Americans who look like they live in meth land style trailer parks or British chavs who likely live in some kind of council flat, I didn't see that in Colombia.

Generally I found Colombians to be cool with gringos, the upper class ones more so, I used to go to "Gringo Tuesdays" at a bar in zona rosa and do a language exchange with Colombian professionals and business people, they seemed to be the most enthusiastic about meeting foreigners. Not sure if the same can be said about upper class Thais in BKK.

I'm sure that not all Thai people and Colombians are a bunch of dirt bag sex tourist types as so many western men have wifed up local women and moved there and raised families and are respectable guys. Its the shit heads who give the rest of the legit tourists a bad name.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Colombia attracts the same amount of riff raff tourists that Thailand currently does.

Thailand challenge - Asaxon - 12-29-2012

Seeing this thread being updated only once or twice a day now is not acceptable! To ensure proper entertainment of the masses I shall return to Bangkok on January 3rd... to be entirely truthful I have plowed through my on-site meetings and presentations and have a good 6-8 weeks of data analysis and writing to do, making me temporarily location-independent. I will have to put in 8-10 hours a day wherever I am but that still leaves plenty of time. The cold weather is getting on my nerves so I will give BKK another shot, possibly taking trips to Taiwan and China for a few days.

My "game plan" this time needs to be a bit more conservative since I have work to do and cannot party all night. I also think that Thaifriendly and random daygame are much more promising than clubs, especially the semi-pro areas.
My goals for the upcoming 6-8 weeks are as follows: Focus on quality, not quantity of notches. Avoid sleepovers. Get into a decent schedule, stable circadian rhythm. Watch what I eat and shed 3-5 pounds. Now to the more "interesting" aspects. Thais are very open to older male- younger female relationships. I wonder how far this tolerance goes and if it works the other way around. Therefore I will attempt to have one notch of more than 10 years my junior, one over 10 years senior. The latter might be considered gross by some forum members and I do not agree with the assessment that Thais age slower than westerners. A lot of 30-year old girls I saw last time looked rough already but who knows, maybe they have "skills". I am 30, therefore I will attempt to bed a 41+ woman and a girl who is certifiably 18 or 19. I truly wonder which one is more difficult. Young girls have higher market value but old birds are probably disillusioned and have seen it all.

Any forum members in town who are up for a drink, please pm me. Thai girls are good at a lot of things but analytical discussions do not seem to be their area of expertise (could be due to language barriers but from what I read it is also cultural), so some intelligent conversation would be much appreciated.

Thailand challenge - OldRich - 12-29-2012

You're returning already, Nice! If you're still there by the time I arrive. I'd definitely be up for a drink.

I must have missed something, but what exactly does your job entail-what are you writing?

I like your plan to have a more stable routine and the experiment sounds interesting. I think as long as you look at it as a game and to amuse yourself, you won't be put off by the older woman.

Thailand challenge - Asaxon - 12-29-2012

I am an urban planner. I used to have a typical ball and chain job with the government before specializing in environmental impact modelling. Now I am an independent consultant and pretty much go on site to collect data and engineering reports and then go off with that mountain of information, analyzing it to come up with scenarios ten to thirty years out. Once they are written up and put into proper format for the jurisdiction (each state and province has its own stipulations) I submit the report, present it to the planning board and council and that is it.
Most planning departments hate environmental impact studies because of the legal pitfalls and because they are a lot of work. When I worked for a city government we always sat around "coordinating" the private consultants, drinking coffee. Now I work twice as hard, have no cushy pension plan and cheap benefits etc but I make more cash and can go off to travel whenever I do not have presentations scheduled... I might reenter the bureaucracy in a few years but for now this setup makes more sense.

Thailand challenge - Don Juan Tenorio - 01-02-2013

Anybody has had a suit made in Thailand? Do they have good tailors? A friend went was in India for his honey moon and he bought a couple of tailor-made suits fitting like a glove for just peanuts. Wonder if it's the same in the land of smiles.

(Offtopic, but I post here for the sake of not opening a new thread)

Thailand challenge - WanderingSoul - 01-02-2013

Been hanging out with this same chick. She spoils me like crazy. She takes me out for 1,000-1,500 baht lunches/dinners almost daily in Ekkamai and Thonglor, and always pays. She bought me some Moet & Chandon champagne from Hong Kong, a long with 3 expensive shirts. Taking me to Pattaya tomorrow and paid for a room at the Hilton. We were supposed to go to her friends resort in Samet, but everything is booked right now due to the holidays. Feels weird, but I like it lol.

Thailand challenge - Asaxon - 01-02-2013

There are hundreds of suit outlets and custom shops in BKK. They often advertise 48 hour service and about $100 to $150 for a suit or two. I did not check out the quality but know a lot of guys who get their suits made in Thailand since it is cheaper than back home. If you are serious about it I would make sure to read reviews and find a reputable place since BKK has a lot of tourist traps and scams. There are 2 or 3 on Sukhumvit that have a large following in Europe and seem fairly honest and straight to me. Jhasper Fashion or Crown Tailors are well-known (sukhumvit soi 11 and soi 8)...