Roosh V Forum
Living in Manila... - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Living in Manila... (/thread-29738.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Living in Manila... - Paul B - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 10:34 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:51 AM)Paul B Wrote:  

Enjoy it while it lasts. Online dating in the Philippines is getting harder and harder every month...

How so?

Well, lately I've been noticing girls getting way more messages (and more attention) than they can handle. Here's an example of one girl's inbox on DIA:

[Image: rYde0Wu.jpg]
It's a significant difference from just a few months ago. Girls who used to get a handful of messages per day are now getting 50-100 every time they log on. As a result, reply rates are getting lower, more girls ask for money, and I feel like attitudes are getting worse (some 6s acting like 9s) [Image: sad.gif]

I'm still doing okay but online dating now is not the goldmine it used to be.

Living in Manila... - Duke Castile - 01-20-2014

I don't like that....

Living in Manila... - Vacancier Permanent - 01-20-2014

I know this is the Manila thread but was wondering if anyone has any intel/connects or contacts or referrals in terms of decent accommodatipns in Davao? Which areas are good to stay in and the ones to avoid.

Looking to make a short reconnaissance trip there in April but depending on how things evolve, it can be extended indefinitely.

Salamat guys!

Paul B,
I wouldnt waste time on Dia as it has the lowest talent. Try Cherry Blossoms, tons of quality there. Found an amazing gem there..

Living in Manila... - LeightonBlackstock - 01-20-2014

If you wanna feel better

Change the search from 'Female' to 'Male' and look at your competition

[Image: biggrin.gif]

Living in Manila... - Scott Free - 01-20-2014

@VP:

As it happens, I have an alumnus frat brother that owns a decent hotel near the dowtown area of Davao. I'll get some details for ya.

Living in Manila... - Scott Free - 01-20-2014

@VP: Oh, by the way, did you mean Davao City? (That's where his hotel is at...) or did you mean Davao Island in general? Davao is the second largest island in the Philippine archipelago... And is quite expansive... It might take a while to get around...

Living in Manila... - Ladoo - 01-20-2014

I'm pretty unimpressed with the choice on Airbnb in the Makati area, compared with other major cities.

Is Greenbelt really the best option?

Quote: (01-20-2014 01:34 PM)Scott Free Wrote:  

@VP: Oh, by the way, did you mean Davao City? (That's where his hotel is at...) or did you mean Davao Island in general? Davao is the second largest island in the Philippine archipelago... And is quite expansive... It might take a while to get around...

Thanks for the help as always my friend! Very much appreciated!
Its Davao City, my bad for not specifying that on my initial post.

Looking forward to your friends hotel info there.

Cheers.

Living in Manila... - dalbroker - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 01:49 PM)Ladoo Wrote:  

I'm pretty unimpressed with the choice on Airbnb in the Makati area, compared with other major cities.

Is Greenbelt really the best option?

Lodging is horrible in Manila. You might want to try the Hotel Durban.
Good value for the money....for manila. I never went with Airbnb because
the cheap owners never paid for more than the 1 meg internet speeds.

You could stay in the Fort....but that is going to be harder for the girls
to reach than makati.

I used agoda and moved from hotel to hotel every 2-4 days.
You also might want to look at Tune hotel. Its clean...but very cramped.
I only stayed there when there were no other options.

If you are looking for a badass place check out Grammercy....which is close enough to Greenbelt. Try to find a rental in there if possible.....

Living in Manila... - iknowexactly - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 11:57 AM)Paul B Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 10:34 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:51 AM)Paul B Wrote:  

Enjoy it while it lasts. Online dating in the Philippines is getting harder and harder every month...

How so?

Well, lately I've been noticing girls getting way more messages (and more attention) than they can handle. Here's an example of one girl's inbox on DIA:

[Image: rYde0Wu.jpg]
It's a significant difference from just a few months ago. Girls who used to get a handful of messages per day are now getting 50-100 every time they
I'm still doing okay but online dating now is not the goldmine it used to be.

Did you see the girl's account page to see her inbox? Remember, every GUY in the Philippines is gaining access to the internet to spam the hell out of her as well!

It's not feminism but the internet that kills female humility. Each interest from a male 7 convinces them they will marry a male 8-- if they wait.

Broadband is like intermittent reinforcement off a crack pipe to the female ego. Probably triggers a lot of the neuro receptors that a real male approaching her does. Totally corrupting.

A lot of my contacts on DIA are running off their cell phones pirating wifi or some other tenuous link. As soon as each home has even slow broadband 24/7 everything will change in 6 months.

Then it's Cat Lady time twenty years later when Mr. 8 doesn't take the bait.

Happened in American and EE.

Living in Manila... - Antipodean - 01-20-2014

IKE: "It's not feminism but the internet that kills female humility."

You've summed it up right there. Jobs and Zuckerberg will go down as the biggest cockblockers in history.

The confluence of feminism, 40 years of the SAD (Standard American Diet), and social networking has created a perfect storm, and it's not pretty.

Living in Manila... - Paul B - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 09:23 PM)dalbroker Wrote:  

If you are looking for a badass place check out Grammercy....which is close enough to Greenbelt. Try to find a rental in there if possible.....

I am biased as I own and rent out units here but I can't imagine better logistics than at Gramercy.

Three pools (open 24 hours), gym (open 24 hours), security (cameras in elevators AND hallways), all of which are amazing.

Has everything nearby: supermarket within a 1 minute walk, cheap massages, tons of awesome restaurants and late-night places to eat/drink/bring a girl, and Burgos nearby for shoring opportunities.

The Greenbelt area generally is a nice place to stay (safer, close to Greenbelt/Glorietta obviously) but is lacking in a lot of those categories, IMO.

Living in Manila... - DirectDanger - 01-20-2014

@Paul B is right about Gramercy being a baller condo. It has a sweet set up with the pools and shit. Also there is a club/lounge opening up soon on the top floor this month or next. At least that is the rumor.

I don't really care for being next to burgos but you are going to be around the action at all times. Things are going on 24 hours a day in that area.

Living in Manila... - M-Chill - 01-21-2014

71 Gramercy is already open on weekends and on Wednesday (models night). The former manager of Opus in Resorts world is managing it.

Living in Manila... - DirectDanger - 01-21-2014

Has anyone been to 71 Gramercy? I would really prefer hanging out in a lounge style place over a club. I still have not been to Opus yet either.

Living in Manila... - M-Chill - 01-21-2014

Budda Bar is .25 km's from Grammercy is you want a lounge. Have to wear a collard shit FYI.

Living in Manila... - WanderingSoul - 01-21-2014

Can someone explain the difference between the Fort, Greenbelt and Makati? Is this all the same area, or very close to each other? I'm a bit confused.

Also, is it difficult to get to these gyms? Are they in a good location?
http://www.fightfactoryph.com
http://www.eclipsegym.com

[Image: YomY0nZl.jpg]

The borders of Fort Bonifacio and Makati are not the true borders. Just the area people tend to be talking about when they reference the area.

Quote: (01-21-2014 01:54 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Also, is it difficult to get to these gyms? Are they in a good location?
http://www.fightfactoryph.com
http://www.eclipsegym.com

All of those gyms would be a decent taxi journey away if you were living in Makati or the Fort. Could be anywhere from a 15 minute to 1 hour+ taxi ride depending on time of day.

I don't know anything about this gym other than I have driven past it and seen the sign. (bjjphilippines.com) The Gym is in Makati.

Thx DD. That gym has a good reputation from everything I've heard.

Living in Manila... - Paul B - 01-21-2014

Rio, I train BJJ there (at KMA / BJJPhilippines). Let me know when you're in town or if you have any questions!

Living in Manila... - Afarang - 01-21-2014

a familiar user name Paul B, nice to see you here.

Living in Manila... - Ladoo - 01-21-2014

Is 50usd a night for an appartment on air bnb in the makati area realistic? are there any other alternatives for appartments. Trying to avoid staying in hotels.