Roosh V Forum
Video games - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Video games (/thread-4101.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Video games - BambiNotForLong - 10-10-2015

MikeS. I really don't like any of the new MGS games. I've only finished one of them and that was the first one on PS1 which was fantastic. Maybe you should give it ago if you can forgive the prehistoric graphics.

Video games - MikeS - 10-10-2015

I probably can't, despite having played games since the Commodore 64 days. But I also believe that's a proper stealth title requiring patience and watching guard patterns?
MGS5 let me scout out the terrain from the edges of a camp, take out a few isolated guards with a sniper rifle, sneak around a little here and there (required in the early hours, later you can pretty much go all out assault) and kill indiscriminately. More my kind of game. For a while that is, until every mission and every free roaming camp started looking like the previous ones and the same very tactics useful almost every time (unless you're aiming for a high ranking on a mission, but I don't give a crap whether a video game gives me an A or an F as long as I'm playing according to the play style I enjoy the most).

Video games - Lucario - 10-11-2015

Until dawn is an amazing game...like all the dudes were alpha in their own way and you almost always had to rescue the chick...it is like there were not feminist write for this game..plus great twists and turns..was not the typical horror game.

I reckon they held back on the horror aspect too much..felt like a suspense game...but still fun and hilarious at time.

Video games - Cr33pin - 10-15-2015

Handsome creepy eel posted this somewhere else on here.... I think its worth posting in this thread as well.

Video games - Cr33pin - 10-15-2015

Shut up and take my money!!!!

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 10-24-2015

THREE DAYS.

[Image: h5-guardians-warzone-arc-explosive-actio...43c4ba.jpg]

We still need at least two more members for our squad. I know there's gotta be at least a couple more people on the forum who are getting this.

[Image: t2afx.jpg]

Video games - teh_skeeze - 10-24-2015

I have Civ V and Football Manager if anyone is down to get something going. I'd prefer to get a Football Manager league going. Maybe get a half dozen or so playing in some crap country like Myanmar.

I also play DotA 2 from time to time. Got a game in with Sharkie a while back.

Video games - Haig - 10-25-2015

Quote: (10-24-2015 11:39 AM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

THREE DAYS.

[Image: h5-guardians-warzone-arc-explosive-actio...43c4ba.jpg]

We still need at least two more members for our squad. I know there's gotta be at least a couple more people on the forum who are getting this.

[Image: t2afx.jpg]

I'm in. My copy just arrived yesterday. PM me the details

Video games - eradicator - 10-25-2015

I'll wait for Black Friday(maybe 2016) before playing fallout 4. Hell I am not even sure my current comp can play it.

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 10-25-2015

Quote: (10-25-2015 04:58 AM)Haig Wrote:  

I'm in. My copy just arrived yesterday. PM me the details

Sent. We just need one more! (at least)

Video games - MikeS - 10-25-2015

Quote: (10-25-2015 06:39 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

I'll wait for Black Friday(maybe 2016) before playing fallout 4. Hell I am not even sure my current comp can play it.

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

I'm going with the simple option, my PS4.

Video games - Avon Barksdale - 10-25-2015

fallout 4 is coming out in two weeks

[Image: content-4-32596-6a9w.jpg]

Video games - Haig - 10-26-2015

Played the first level and a half of Halo 5 today. So far it plays a lot like Halo: Reach and the story seems interesting this time.

The cut scene graphics are stunning.

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 10-26-2015

Quote: (10-26-2015 03:46 PM)Haig Wrote:  

Played the first level and a half of Halo 5 today. So far it plays a lot like Halo: Reach and the story seems interesting this time.

The cut scene graphics are stunning.

How? It shouldn't be out for another six hours or so.

Edit: You're in Scotland, nevermind.

I'm happy to hear that. Honestly don't know if I'll be doing any Campaign tomorrow. May just be an all-multiplayer day for me.

Video games - Pareto - 10-26-2015

Just walking home after the midnight launch of Halo 5, got the limited edition.

Cannot wait to get disk in the console and to get playing!

Also got a mug, and the new Halo book (since I'm collecting those). Total cost: £87.99

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 10-27-2015

Alright guys we need to set up a time. Multiplayer is fun and all but it's not nearly as fun playing alone.

Also are you guys down to play the campaign together, or do you wanna play through solo first? Because I'm fine with either way.

Video games - MikeS - 10-27-2015

DriveClub Bikes (expansion for DriveClub, or as a standalone for people who don't have the original game and only want DC Bikes) was announced today at the Sony conference of a Paris game convention. And released immediately after on the PS store.
And it's awesome!

Video games - Pareto - 10-27-2015

Quote: (10-27-2015 06:03 PM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

Alright guys we need to set up a time. Multiplayer is fun and all but it's not nearly as fun playing alone.

Also are you guys down to play the campaign together, or do you wanna play through solo first? Because I'm fine with either way.

Currently on mission 5, solo, legendary. Gonna try and get it done solo asap along with multiplayer. Come to a bit of a hard part to be honest.

Took a quick venture in multiplayer tonight before heading out to watch the new James Bond film, and it was pretty cool I thought, reminded me of Titanfall a bit

Video games - Haig - 10-28-2015

Quote: (10-27-2015 06:03 PM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

What's the multiplayer like? I've not got round to playing it yet.

Im fine either way as well. It's a game that I am planning on going through many times so.

Video games - GoldHawkStar - 10-28-2015

Okay. I think I'll start on Campaign this weekend. I always like to do a Normal run first (I'll just do it solo), then a Legendary solo run at some point, and at least one co-op Legendary run. Plus there's apparently a ton of hidden collectibles to find in Campaign as well as secret alternate routes to take. Needless to say, I'll go through the Campaign many times anyway, so it doesn't matter to me when we do a co-op run (if you guys ever wanted to do one).

Yeah the multiplayer is pretty cool. I think the spartan ranks and req packs are a good system for leveling up and unlocking things, though I miss the old days when your overall rank was a cool symbol and not just a number.

Video games - Pareto - 10-28-2015

Quote: (10-28-2015 11:12 AM)Goldhawkstar Wrote:  

Okay. I think I'll start on Campaign this weekend. I always like to do a Normal run first (I'll just do it solo), then a Legendary solo run at some point, and at least one co-op Legendary run. Plus there's apparently a ton of hidden collectibles to find in Campaign as well as secret alternate routes to take. Needless to say, I'll go through the Campaign many times anyway, so it doesn't matter to me when we do a co-op run (if you guys ever wanted to do one).

Yeah the multiplayer is pretty cool. I think the spartan ranks and req packs are a good system for leveling up and unlocking things, though I miss the old days when your overall rank was a cool symbol and not just a number.

See I like to do Legendary solo first (because it's challenging) and then go back and find the collectibles I've not found yet on normal. There are a fair amount of collectibles too - more than in any other Halo game if I'm counting correctly. E.g. one mission has a total of 14 collectibles - that's almost half of ALL Halo 3: ODST Audio Logs in one mission!

I'd certainly be up for a co-op run. I assume there are achievements for playing through on co-op (as there's such an emphasis on co-op play) and I'm somewhat of an achievement hunter

Two missions in. Campaign is GOOD! I like this gray-area two-sided storyline.

On the second to last level, feel like the story is coming to some sort of climax. Now just need to get past this part I've been stuck on for over two hours...

That's why I don't do Legendary on my first run. Too frustrating. [Image: smile.gif]

Just completed the game...just looking at the end cutscenes - Halo 6 is going to be truly immense!