Roosh V Forum
I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I Love Montreal: Data Sheet (/thread-9218.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Rang off the Pipe - 02-10-2015

Alright, here is my candid report about my experiences in Montréal. It's certainly caused me to rethink more about finding my niche when I hit a town.

Day 1-Sunday

I get into Montréal in the evening after spending the previous day in Albany (see my post elsewhere about that), and head into my apartment in the predominantly English downtown Montréal. I had wanted to stay in Mont-Royal these first few days but that fell through on a rather last minute cancellation by the AirBnB host. As it turns out, this may have been a blessing in disguise since I'm in a better position to use the metro and also walk to shopping areas. In any case, I just watch the Super Bowl (lol Seahawks) at Winston's Churchill's and then scheme a bit before calling it a night.

Day 2-Monday

Montréal, as I quickly learn, is not very active outside of the weekends. That was mentioned on this forum a number of times but it never really hit me until the evening. For a city of its size, Montréal can seem pretty inactive since it lacks the hustle and bustle of a place like New York. That includes even the daytime, although I'm sure the winter weather plays a role in that.

I originally intended to check out Factory Bar and then Korova, but for whatever reason I can't seem to find the first place and so I go to the 2nd. This is about 10:30, and there are maybe about 5 other people there. Over the span of the next 30 minutes, a bunch of students, pretty much all from McGill, flow into there and the ratio is quite favorable (65-35). Most people are in packs and there are plenty of orbiters.

I do interact with around 4 sets of girls, and the common theme I notice is that they're anglo-Canadian/American/British, which is not exactly what I expected to deal with in such large amounts in Montréal. In any case, there aren't any stunners and the best conversations fall flat after a few minutes.
Even when a small dance floor opens up, I wasn't having any fortune and I noticed that was the case with a few other guys as well.

I will share one story here, though. On one of the sets I approached on the dance floor, I critiqued one of the guys in the group about his dancing. To my chagrin, he actually complimented me for "disarming" him in order to go after the girls. He's a McGill student and tells me that the girls essentially turn into prudes after their freshman year. Looking back, I probably should have directed him to this forum.

Meanwhile, by 1:30, the people start to empty out and so I take the long walk back to downtown.

Day 3-Tuesday

The next day comes and it's even quieter than the previous night. I head over to Bars des Pins and have a chat with the bartender there for a bit before some Mcgill students come in. It's pretty much mainly dudes and after a game a pool I just leave and head over to Winston Churchill, which is supposed to be active tonight. I see no such thing and leave from there at about 1 AM to call it a night. My next two days are spent in Québec City, and my experiences there are recorded in the topic for that city.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - LouEvilSlugger - 02-10-2015

Korova is terrible for game purposes. It's okay if you wanna get warmed up but it's the standard bar for clueless McGill students, ie spoiled white kids from Toronto / US Northeast. One of my former coworkers works there so I'll go to get some free drinks and then bounce somewhere else.

Winston Churchill and any bar on Crescent is a waste of time as well. I see a lot of Americans during the summer getting tricked into going to some overpriced club on Crescent when it's much cheaper and there are much hotter girls in the Plateau (St-Laurent) and Mile End (Bernard, Parc).

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - MrRoundtree - 02-10-2015

Factory is closed

But yeah, head over the Plateau

Day 4-Friday

After two days in Québec, I get back to Montréal ready for some actual activity. This time I have a place in Le Quartier des Spectacles, which is an area I'm already familiar with. The first spot I hit up is Mme Lee around 10:00. I chat up two guys next to me and we have a little conversation before two girls decide to sit next to me at the bar. I open them up and they are both students at UQÀM and speak French better than they do English. One is a 6 and the other is a 7, which is who I talk with most of the time. They're actually both easygoing and I probably could've gotten more with my target, but figuring I should explore my options I bid them goodbye as I head toward St. Laurent shortly after 11.

I first try to get into Rouge, but the bouncer isn't letting me in because I don't have a "reservation". I don't like wasting my time with bouncers and so I just walk further up the street to Muzique, where I have no issue getting in. While I'm in there it starts to fill up with students. The majority of them seem to be from McGill based on the predominant English speaking that I hear. Regardless, the first person that I approach is American and while she's a 6, her voluptuous body is enough to get my attention. I engage her for a while but in retrospect, I probably should have had her dancing with me sooner, because she went away to her group after a bit. Unfortunately, the night only went downhill from there.

I try approaching other sets in the place, but they blow me off. Most people are in groups either dancing among themselves or just screwing around uninterested in seemingly everything around them. There are also packs of guys roaming the dance floor for fresh meat, and they create a bit of a nuisance in terms of competition and increasing the already present bitch shields that exist in the place. I leave there at about 1 and even then I can still see students flowing in.

There's another club down the street that I check out (I can't remember the name) but it's not as populated as the previous one and no one will bite on my approaches. At this point, I become frustrated for some reason and just decide to leave the St. Laurent strip and head back to Mme Lee again. It's packed now but it's a similar deal as Muzique. Nothing else happens and I end the night shortly before 3, thinking about how to improve my inner game and optimize venue selection.

Day 5-Saturday

This is my last night in Québec, and I decide not to bother with St. Laurent after dealing with all the stuff I mentioned in the previous post, as well as the random charges of dealing with the clubs. However, I enter this day with a more relaxed mindset and just give less of a concern toward my surroundings. I start off with Mme Lee again, but unlike the previous night, everyone and their mother seems to be getting bottle service, and that changes the atmosphere quite a lot. There are a number of French-speakers that I approach but they're blowing me off in a fashion I'm more accustomed to in the US/anglo-Canada. I do have a good conversation with an English speaker after opening with a compliment about her clothing, but like the American from the previous night, she goes away to her friends. I bounce out of there around 12:00.

The next spot I go to is St. Sulpice, which has a more French-speaking crowd. However, the setup here is not as conducive to talking, with the exception of the karaoke floor. This goes nowhere after about an hour, and so I just call it a night.

Verdict to come.

Verdict

Montréal sure does have a lot of English speakers doesn't it? I ran into more of them than I did Francophones and they weren't different from the typical North American that I'm used to. However, many of those were also McGill students and they go out in quite large numbers, which I'm going to highlight here. Of course, that's not during the summer, when most people in the Montréal topics seemed to have tried gaming there; and so they did not have to deal with the McGill influx.

I'd certainly like to give the city a try when the weather isn't so awful. One waiter in particular told me that February is the worst in terms of weather. That was certainly in full display for a few days that I was there.

The few Francophones that I interacted with were mostly a miss. They were taking full advantage of the language barrier despite my ability to speak French to them on the outset (shit testing). Unlike Québec I wasn't getting people who would switch to English out of kindness (not that I expected it), nor would people break out of their groups to talk as easily. The only exception were the two girls I mentioned running into on Friday.

Groups were quite present in just about everywhere I went. I don't know how much a wingman would help with that, but there were certain posters here who said that Montréal was a city driven by social circles and getting the ONS is a tough feat here. My trip certainly supports that, but I want experience a more lively Montréal during the summer. We'll see if it happens.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Saruman - 02-11-2015

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude and I certainly won't act like this far north east place of Quebec is anything special except for game, but I read about your choices for QC city and Montreal and they were all wrong, going to Dagobert on a weekday, trying to get in at Rouge without being ready to pay or at least demonstrate persistance, going to Mme Lee or Musique or Corova or Crescent, I mean those are the worst places to go if you don't want to see Anglo italian McGill all black hair 7's with an overinflated ego.

You missed all the big venues of central Montreal and seemingly did not cross east of Saint-Lawrence were actually all the francophone live on the island.

Your choice of bars in QC city such as Voutes de Napoleon or Ninkasi was not a good bet to see talent or logistics for cold approach.

I recommend you come back in the summer you did have the worst of winter here these last weeks, the worst week for the worst winter since 3-4 years, but I was hitting these bars at the same period than you and was at some dope parties, I wish you the best come back in July .

Quote: (02-10-2015 07:40 PM)Rang off the Pipe Wrote:  

Verdict

Montréal sure does have a lot of English speakers doesn't it? I ran into more of them than I did Francophones and they weren't different from the typical North American that I'm used to. However, many of those were also McGill students and they go out in quite large numbers, which I'm going to highlight here. Of course, that's not during the summer, when most people in the Montréal topics seemed to have tried gaming there; and so they did not have to deal with the McGill influx.

I'd certainly like to give the city a try when the weather isn't so awful. One waiter in particular told me that February is the worst in terms of weather. That was certainly in full display for a few days that I was there.

The few Francophones that I interacted with were mostly a miss. They were taking full advantage of the language barrier despite my ability to speak French to them on the outset (shit testing). Unlike Québec I wasn't getting people who would switch to English out of kindness (not that I expected it), nor would people break out of their groups to talk as easily. The only exception were the two girls I mentioned running into on Friday.

Groups were quite present in just about everywhere I went. I don't know how much a wingman would help with that, but there were certain posters here who said that Montréal was a city driven by social circles and getting the ONS is a tough feat here. My trip certainly supports that, but I want experience a more lively Montréal during the summer. We'll see if it happens.

Quote: (02-11-2015 04:55 PM)Saruman Wrote:  

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude and I certainly won't act like this far north east place of Quebec is anything special except for game, but I read about your choices for QC city and Montreal and they were all wrong, going to Dagobert on a weekday, trying to get in at Rouge without being ready to pay or at least demonstrate persistance, going to Mme Lee or Musique or Corova or Crescent, I mean those are the worst places to go if you don't want to see Anglo italian McGill all black hair 7's with an overinflated ego.

You missed all the big venues of central Montreal and seemingly did not cross east of Saint-Lawrence were actually all the francophone live on the island.

Your choice of bars in QC city such as Voutes de Napoleon or Ninkasi was not a good bet to see talent or logistics for cold approach.

I actually feel bad for you because the places you chose are shit in the context of a major decline in night game worlwide which makes it even more difficult to pick up.

I recommend you come back in the summer you did have the worst of winter here these last weeks, the worst week for the worst winter since 3-4 years, but I was hitting these bars at the same period than you and was at some dope parties, I wish you the best come back in July .

Verdict

Quote: (02-11-2015 04:55 PM)Saruman Wrote:  

Hi,

I actually feel bad for you because the places you chose are shit in the context of a major decline in night game worlwide which makes it even more difficult to pick up.

Verdict

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - MrRoundtree - 02-12-2015

Mme Lee is quite good actually unless things have changed...more french canadians than anglos and italians..my friend she is a bartender there so I always had extra alcohol going there. Easy venue to fuck in the bathroom had on friend who did it

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Saruman - 02-12-2015

It depends, let's be honest are there really high quality girls there, 8.5 ++, more or less, not saying it's the worst place it's an early 20's place, not saying you can't score there, I actually do not dislike the place, but considering the better options on weekends why go there, like the visitor just said big bottle service place where 10 people chip in for bottles, kind of have the impression there are a lot of groups there, just visitor said he wanted to meet French girls but stayed in the anglo student axe of MTL.

Quote: (02-12-2015 01:07 AM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Mme Lee is quite good actually unless things have changed...more french canadians than anglos and italians..my friend she is a bartender there so I always had extra alcohol going there. Easy venue to fuck in the bathroom had on friend who did it

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Rang off the Pipe - 02-12-2015

One thing you can definitely fault me for is not traveling too far. Logistics was a significant concern for me and with Saint-Edouard, the location was a good distance from where I was (Quartier des Spectacles). I simply went to the places I did based on what I read on the topics, locations, and my own style. The only reason I was downtown for the first few days was because the place I wanted in Mont-Royal got cancelled on me a few days before I left for Montréal. In the future, I'm not going to bother with Montréal in the early parts of the week (before Wednesday). And I think I'll look for a place more east and north of where I stayed near Sainte-Catherine on my next visit there, probably around where the orange metro line is.

As for the McGill students, I didn't actively seek them out; but obviously I'm not going to ignore potential targets in any situation. That being said, I'd prefer to interact with Francophones as it's a better experience despite the possible language shit tests. I honestly didn't notice too much of a difference between gaming them and gaming Anglophones other than a few tenets (less sarcasm, more French use, etc.). Certainly whenever I return to Montréal I'll be taking a different approach. My game improves with every experience and this one is no different.

Quote: (02-12-2015 01:07 AM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

I did notice that. Those personal bathrooms would be easy to sneak into with another person, especially there never seemed to be any bouncers there. There was the staff backroom adjacent aux toilettes, but it's not like the bartenders were going through there all the time.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - kosko - 02-12-2015

^ You should of taken cabs. A cab to St Laurent or Mount Royal is like $10-12 max, not that much. If your beside the Quarter you can walk to Berri-UQAM underground for 90% of the trip and take the train up to save cash if needed. Downtown sucks balls, it was literally my least favorite part of the city as Crescent and Peel is shitty and just full of dumpy over priced shit for Americans. I had to stay off Peel half my trip there and hated it, moved over to near Berri-UQAM and found that much better. You would of been better of hitting some quiet lounges on Sherbrooke (? The north south street just to the east of St Laruant if I can remember) then hanging around Cresent.

Plus who cares if these Montreal girls are in two sets. If they are cool, and your cool, they don't mind to talk. That was my biggest screen for non-local girls aside from dress. If they were cunty in my approach I knew they were from Toronto or Boston or some other place. They are all cool as hell there, I had people by my drinks almost each night I was out. I would just break into groups and introduce myself, I didn't give a shit.

You gotta be cool and fun to these French girls. You watch how the French men interact and you see they are always playful and cool. You can't talk to them in slang in French so instead of talking like a robot in English you have to contrast it with cool body language to show your interesting.

Half the time the girls run game on you. They aren't stupid girls and know what you want. It's a fun game of cat and mouse and they like the chase of the game just as much as the man.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Saruman - 02-13-2015

Montreal remains a top 5 game destination worldwide , in consideration of talent , logistics and sexual promiscuity of girls .

But like elsewhere night game is in a free fall for ONS so there is no magic formula .

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - LouEvilSlugger - 02-13-2015

Quote: (02-13-2015 10:21 AM)Saruman Wrote:  

Montreal remains a top 5 game destination worldwide , in consideration of talent , logistics and sexual promiscuity of girls .

But like elsewhere night game is in a free fall for ONS so there is no magic formula .

It depends your game, French proficiency, social network and what you are seeking.

Don't come to Montreal thinking it's a mini poosy paradise.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Saruman - 02-13-2015

Newsflash pussy paradise does not exist, I know one place in the summer at a specific time in Europe who is still one, but except for that no more pussy paradise.

For montreal I was speaking for cold approach pick up, not social network, but it's very subjective for sure everyone is entitled to his opinion , I do believe there is however a consensus in the community at large that Montreal is a top game destination, personally I've been hearing this since 2004 and ever since David D flew in here for the only event he did outside his official program.

Quote: (02-13-2015 11:19 AM)LouEvilSlugger Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2015 10:21 AM)Saruman Wrote:  

It depends your game, French proficiency, social network and what you are seeking.

Don't come to Montreal thinking it's a mini poosy paradise.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - MrRoundtree - 02-14-2015

Whats the place in europe i am curious

Currently in Copenhagen..so far one of my favorite city..first night here and already made out with a girl on a date..almost got her home. Getting eye fucked from many girls and already got 25 tinder match and 2 okcupid pipeline. This city is heavenly divine..refreshing change from France

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Bogart - 04-07-2015

I'm coming to the tale end of just over a 3 month stint in Montreal while studying on exchange at McGill, so I thought i'd share my observations:

Firstly on me, i'm an Australian from Sydney in my early twenties, 6'3 Caucasian with dark, lean features that make me look a fair bit older than my years. I study combined law back home with a philosophy major though while i've been here i've taken a variety of courses, as a university McGill is actually very engaging and that translates through to the type of game you can lay on students here who tend to be more open to culture/travel/intellectual oriented displays of value than i would say the average university girls are back home in Australia (with the grand exception of travel stories of course). In general much has already been made of the quality of girls in Montreal and McGill is no exception to this rule, however I have observed a few trends.

1) certain faculties party alot harder than others; nursing and managment are the best by far.
2) certain times of the year are far better for swooping girls than other based on the insane and regular mcgill party schedule. A player in the 20's to early 30's age group with descent game can give himself a massive boost in opportunities and likelihood of success by liking some of the McGill events pages on Facebook and buying tickets to some of the club events; you will not stand out for going as these events are held in clubs or end up at clubs after rounds of apartment crawl or bar crawl drinking and the girls are plastered and ready to be gamed by the time they get there. Especially look up Carnival (January) and Frosh (first weeks of semester 1) events, although other events like faculty Olympics are worth noting.
3) Girls are very international at McGill, I met many English, American and Australians here.
4) While open to ONS you're often better just getting the number and leaving physical escalations till later in the piece after you've met them at a cool bar on Saint Laurent or Downtown e.g. Distillery, Majestique, Big In Japan etc.

Note that in the time i've been here i've had 7 successful lays including one threesome, a few almost lays (i.e. hand/blow jobs etc.) that didn't result in a final lay and innumerable hook ups. Most of these were not from girls I met in class but were just from being out at McGill heavy events or at the place that McGill students go on a specific night. As a general rule of thumb these are the places to hit on THESE SPECIFIC NIGHTS if you want some young pussy:

Monday: Korova
Tuesday: BDP
Wednesday: Ace Bar/Cafe Campus
Thursday: Tokyo/Trash Bars
Friday: Mme Lee
Saturday: pre game on crescent and peel e.g. peel pub etc. then onto NCG, Tokyo etc.really anywhere....

A final comment, the girls i'm talking about here will rarely rate above a 7 and certainly never rate above an 8. The hottest McGill girls require social game for younger guys - although i'm sure older players can apply standard procedure in this regard. I had the great fortune of being roomates with a guy with a big group of hot jewish girls, most of whom sadly had boyfriends. With those that didn't in that circle and elsewhere I noticed that even after serious IOI's I found with the more attractive girls that the cost per notch in terms of time and effort on my limited time scale was not really worth it - and given i wasn't going to extract relationships out of them it really ended up not being worth it.
What I can say is that these girls in general do not go to most of the McGill places - so if you're after a shinier well cut jewel to embellish the crown with the palces you MUST GO include:
- Apartment 200: Wed - Sat talent is descent but lots of Quebecois
- Tokyo Thursday (They usually arrive very late and get bottle service from their betas)
- Flyjin - Wednesday/Friday/Saturday = again bottle with betas; swanky place but in my limited experience not that great for picking up.
- Mme Lee - the only place I had consistent success with cold approaches on hot girls (my game can be high energy on the right night but default is more conversational and Mme Lee is just the right mix of both for me)
- Suwu - Wed - Sat (especially friday and Saturday) usually a few hotties but the small bar space makes approaches somewhat awkward, if you get good placement or have a few guys with you shouldn't be an issue though)
- NCG - most hot girls get VIP.
- I've also heard buzz about Ivy and Velvet but haven't checked them out.

Finally Some Day Game spots:
- there's a french cafe under McClellan Library; GO HERE the talent is insane and it's not hard to sit at a table near them or talk in line space is limited and people are friendly just have a good excuse for being there if you're older.
- Best coffee shops off campus but nearby;
- Kitsune (superb coffee big long table and lots of girls) on Saint Laurent and Prince Arthur
- Pikkolo Espresso on Parc and Sherbrook
- Humble Lion
- Supermarkets:
- Metro on Parc and Prince Arthur
- Provigo on Parc
- Food courts within Mcgill (there are a few) not hard ot pretent to be a student undergrad, postgrad or visiting prof for those older foxes or lads who have some time to play with.
-Also hit the malls, although I found approaching here to be far less successful

While this isn't the bulk of my knowledge about Montreal generally I can say that this rough guide will get you well on your way to a flag or notch here based on very accurate primary research. I can also say that this city is incredible and you'd be a fool not to come here and experience all it has to offer, in terms of game and life more generally. Some of my highlights include Igloofest, Nuit Blanche and the variety of festivals and events that go on right into the heart of winter, the amazing food i've ahd and the people i've met here.

Anyway Happy hunting!

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - GlobeTrotter - 06-20-2015

I just got to Montreal 3 days ago and it's my first weekend here. I plan to be here through Jazz fest and the mid July. I scored an awesome french mansion/style house close to St Laurent on Sherbrooke. I have the logistics all worked out and looking for a good wingman. If anyone wants to sarge in the next few weeks, send me a private message. Will keep everyone posted on the hits and misses...Cheers!

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - chyamor - 06-25-2015

Do you speak french? My visit to Montreal was a pain since I didnt speak any french. Curious how it goes when tons of people start visiting from out of town for this fest.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Friar - 09-21-2015

Did a three-day recon trip through Montreal recently and will only reinforce what has been said earlier. Thanks to past reports I was able to check out a few happening spots in a short time frame. Needless to say, three days is way too short to get a good feel for the place as it is so different from everything else in North America. It might be a better idea to stick to one neighborhood for short trips and get to know the local scene instead of running around the whole city trying to figure out what fits your style. I stayed in the St. Laurent / Rue Sherbrooke area which I can recommend due to the proximity to everything. Nearby La Plateau / Mt Royal is definitely more of a bohemian neighborhood. Looking back, and as an older cat who is past the 18-20 year old clubby scene, I would probably have stayed in the Old Port Town where I can put on a sports coat and not feel out of place.

French Quebecois girls are indeed sexy, take care of themselves, dress well, and provide you with a mesmerizing little accent (when they decide to even speak to you in English). I was never blown off, everyone (bar bus drivers and and numerous homeless people) was friendly. Small things, like a cute cashier complementing you on your cologne, would rarely/never happen in the US. However, conversational French will boast your status by a mile, show them that you're a Francophile, that you're 'one of them'. Still, for a city this size it boasts a great variety of nightlife for the Thrs-Sat crowd, and you're bound to have fun.

For myself, I never got into the groove from the get-go, and only started to adapt towards the end of my trip. Got into an AirBnB rental that was located in a building straight out of a Banlieue project. The Wifi wasn't working for the first two days, it was unseasonably hot and humid, no AC, and there was a shitty hipster concert outside my balcony. At first I wasn't feeling the scene. I wasn't feeling the ~12% taxes on my food and drinks. I wasn't feeling the modern buildings, old French colonial stone buildings, old residential buildings, art deco, blighted 10-story apt towers all thrown into an architectural bucket, all next to each other. French and English, separatist Quebecer, loyalist Ontarian, Haitian and Asian. The place just didn't make sense. Renting a BIXI city bicycle (highly recommended) I explored every area of the city center, from the top of Mount Royal to the old Olympic relics on Ile Sainte Helene and Parc Jean Drapeu. It started to slowly sink in that it's meant to be like that, free and experimental.

Anyway, places I went to check out:

Tokyo Bar: Arguably the best spot on Thursday night located on St. Laurent. Got in line at 10pm. Nice layout with outdoor area, rooftop patio, and inside dance area. As said before, the city is big on the social circle, but managed to get in good conversations and get a feel for everything. Met a diverse bunch, Colombians, Cubans, French, McGill students. The bartenders were all 8+'s. Macked on each of them since they were a bit older in the early 20s as opposed to much of the clientele. If you feel like chasing the younger 18-20 crowd then you'll be happy here. It turns into a shit-show after midnight and I decided to change venues.

SuWu: Walked by and dropped into this place that had a really good DJ dishing out hip-hop. Did a few dance routines, chatted up the bar. It was pretty much the only happening spot on St. Laurent within a two block radius. Fun and intimate, it also brought out a few African queens. I would recommend it if you're tired of Tokyo as it's more relaxed. Closed it down at 3am, nothing was biting, and turned down the chubby 5 that was clinging to my arm.

Nyk's Bistro: Come here for the famous poutine and good beer. I was the only English speaking guy there, but everyone was friendly. More of a pre-game spot. The lady next to me taught me how to properly pronounce 'St. Laurent'. If she was a bit younger and/or cuter I'd probably smash.

La Distillerie: Walked over the Latin Quarter, through the shady areas of Berri-UQAM. Checked out a little cocktail bar called La Distillerie which had decent cocktails. I know cocktails, and each one of them was a bit off. Seemed more like a dive bar to me. Everyone was in groups, and this is definitely in the French speaking part of town. Walked around the Latin Quarter which is pretty cool, but very restaurant oriented from first glance. Time to uber back to the Old Port.

Flyjin: Lots of English spoken here. Swanky place where I dropped a pretty penny for food and drinks. Which were by the way some of the best I've had, order off the menu though. My boy behind the bar will make you some of the finest old fashions and negronis. Everyone was having dinner, but I managed to befriend a model dude from LA who became my wingman for a bit. We established ourselves with all the staff. The women working there are true gems. Apparently this spot is even more packed during the winter when everyone wants to go in a warm basement and get away from the cold. The place started to fill up around 10-11, and the women were definitely in the upper echelons of the city. Dress up here and bring some class with you. My wing had to leave, and I considered staying but had one last place I had to check out. It was one block from my pad, and well you know...logistics.

Buonanotte - So I don't know what the current reputation of this spot is, but it was just OK. No line at 11:30, got in without any problems. Neon lights and all that, everyone was dressed up and still eating. Posted at the bar and it was pretty quiet. Got some intel from the bangin bartenders (must be a common theme here) and did my rounds. Mixed English and French crowd. Lots of folks coming in from Toronto to party. Past midnight, people started dancing around but the ratios weren't super great and the quality for pretty average. Went outside to see how I could do with cigarette conversations. It was near closing time, and was chatting up a younger chick for about 15 mins. Probably a six, but she was receptive, and I wanted a flag. Then the conversation came up about age when she cheerily admitted to being 17 years old. Well damn! I didn't press further, she took off with her friends, and I was tired.

So would I go back? Probably. It's not that cheap to party, I'm not a Francophile, but I feel I have unfinished business. I didn't even bother with day-game which would have probably bore ripe fruit. A three day stay is too short to really get accustomed to everything and find your niche. Happy to get feedback or any corrections from locals!

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Dilligaf - 10-16-2015

Background: From 905 Ontario, well travelled in my teens-20's, married Beta in my 30's, celebrated my 40th with a divorce and a motorcycle trip that was supposed to end in New Orleans, but a week in Montreal stretched into 5 months. 12 pulls, only 3 ONS. 'Nuff said.

I never gamed hard, but if one fell in my lap I didn't let the opportunity go to waste (my one St. Laurent pull literally fell into my lap, and when a Montrealaise 8 is blushing in your lap you laugh and don't let her return to the herd until you get her alone for 5mins)

Most has already been covered, and reading this th'd has brought back fun memories and fueled my next visit, but a few things I noticed haven't been mentioned enough or all so I'll cover those before feeling this newbie is worthy of a full data sheet.

1) You will be eyefucked by EVERYBODY, everybody, everywhere, all the time. Montreal is a city that thrives on style. Not bought style, but how you carry yourself and how what you're wearing fits you. Walking down the street everybody is scanning everybody else head to toe. My first day I noticed this, everybody from the baller with an 8+ future trophy wife strolling the high end shops on Sherbrooke to the Asian working the corner dep is constantly, blatantly, eyefucking you. Leave the shorts & flip flops at home. Always dress in things that fit you and what you are about.

2) I don't think I've seen one natural blonde Francophone in all my trips, they're either tourists or McGill students. And I'm not sure which one is worse. If you don't care for the classically Gallic, brunette, tinted not quite olive skin, slim build, small T&A, you won't like the Francophone pickings in Montreal.

3) A car is a constant nuisance, I drive for my winter trips and it doesn't move until I leave. A motorcycle however, besides the epic potholes, is the ultimate form of daytime travel. Most bike friendly city in NA next to LA I've been to. There's even free all day parking in half a dozen bike only spots close to all the decent areas. Even motorists make way for you and while not encouraged, lane splitting on packed highways are tolerated.

4) This is not a city for ONS, especially cold gaming with Francophones. IMHO either hit it with a specific party target in mind for a long weekend, or stay atleast a month.

5) The prize is a chill laid back city that feels like a town once you're plugged in, and sensuous gorgeous 7's & 8's that are always DTF...provided you bring a fun easygoing game. And more French than "Voulez vous couchez avec moi".

6) Language is as huge as it is minor. Every woman on the island worth sleeping with speaks English, but they want to see atleast a little effort from you to put you above the usual Yankee tourists & thirsty Anglo's. As an added plus, seducing them in French with an Anglo accent is as hot to them as they are in English to us.

Just some generalizations, but solid ones.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - MrRoundtree - 10-17-2015

I'm from the city and would agree with what this man is saying.

Couple of things to add: being chill and aloof is the way to go here. Everyone hates snobby people.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Slay it Forward - 10-17-2015

I've been living here since mid-August. Things I would disagree with:

- getting eye-fucked everywhere all the time by everyone has to be a bit of an exaggeration, no? I'm getting IOIs but nothing really much different than other big cities I've been to.

- Seen plenty of natural french blondes. Saw one earlier today that I couldn't stop staring at.

- the sensuous gorgeous 7's & 8's that are always DTF are when you get them into a relationship? Otherwise it contradicts saying that it isn't a place for ONS.

I do agree it doesn't seem like a good place for ONS. I haven't been gaming crazy hard on anything but the three notches I've had since I came here have all been from Tinder. Done a decent amount of day game but with no lays to show for it.

Can you expand a bit on the game you've been running here? As a guy in your 40s what age bracket of girls have you been taking down? I'm early 30s.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - Dilligaf - 10-20-2015

The first 6mos my ages ran the gamut from 19-42. But I mostly concentrated on late 20's-30's, Montrealaise born, professional women. My personal taste, I'm a lounge/bar guy not a club gamer.

I'm not kidding about the constant IOI, it's subtle but it's always there. If you're not noticing being seen in Montreal, up your game or spend your month in SEA. If you have a perfectly tailored Zoot Suit, this is the town to wear it.

There are two kinds of Francophone women you'll meet in Montreal, those that were born & raised there, and those that are there to party from other parts of Quebec. The girls from off island will be more DTF ONS, but the further from the island the worse their English. The Montreal weekend club scene Catch-22.
The Montreal bred women almost always speak fluent English, but opening in French that is better than a Peter Sellers caricature will get you past the Anglo-Bitch Shield.

ONS vs. Mini LTR: The women of Montreal are no strangers to thirsty Anglo gamers. And any girl DTF in Montreal has atleast one FWB of her own if she needs a booty call. And has been said in this th'd, even the Beta hipster men have game in Montreal. You have to be Alpha fun, the one Anglo that won't be wasting her time. Complements are HUGE, tell her why she caught your eye, how much you love Montreal, and if you can't pull her right now, what's going on tonight or tomorrow.
I ran mostly day game, and when I ran into someone I liked I'd end up taking her out that night or the next night. The 2nd meet is their shit-test, and its almost universal. THEN they are DTF and you are introduced into why the guys that get it love Montreal.

The Toronto Bitch-Shield: Never, ever, EVAH mention Toronto. Ever. If you're from Toronto, lie, you're from Oakville. Then tell her loudly how much you hate Toronto.

I Love Montreal: Data Sheet - pfeffer - 01-02-2016

Hey guys, looking to move to montreal from the US around march and trying to leave before winter. Any advice on the prime neighborhoods to live in/resources for finding short term leases? How's driving around in montreal? Should I bring my car or is it more trouble than it's worth?