Roosh V Forum
Lifter's Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Lifter's Lounge (/thread-38933.html)

Lifter's Lounge - Stun - 09-22-2014

Just started Stronglifts 5x5 today, I'm gonna try it for a while and see if it works.

Day 1:
Squat: 5 sets 225x5
Bench: 5 sets 185x5
Barbell Row: 5 sets 90x5

^This was pretty easy so I added 205x5, 205x3, and 225x3, 225x2, 225x2 on bench. Also added incline barbell bench, incline plate loaded press, and barbell curls.

As I add weight in 5x5, I will begin to weed out these other sets.

Lifter's Lounge - rdvirus - 09-22-2014

Fuck you guys squatting 225+.. I'll be at 205 tomorrow, can't wait to be able to throw 2 plates on. Definitely learning patience and self discipline on my weightlifting journey.

On a side note... I fucking love the overhead press. I'll be throwing 140 up 5x5 tomorrow. Favourite lift besides squatting.. Rarely see anyone doing them at my gym. There's something primal about OHP.. Always catch lizards staring with stars in their eyes [Image: tongue.gif]

Lifter's Lounge - dog24 - 09-22-2014

I did 275x3 last friday at 170, probably shouldnt since my ankle and feet are still sore right now.
rdvirus i hope youre not doing any of that lowbar/barely parallel shit.

OHP on the other hand ill be happy if i get to 155 for 1 rep by the end of the year. Lizards always look at me weird like why isnt that guy curling just like every other guy.. hes so weird [Image: confused.gif]

Lifter's Lounge - FretDancer - 09-22-2014

Quote: (09-22-2014 12:40 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Any of you guys wake up and workout on an empty stomach ?

Maybe a bit of protein shake, preworkout, pump, and creatine ?

I life in the evenings, but I worked out at 6am this morning.

I think the pre workout fucked my eating schedule. I feel sort of nauses and only had a breakast sandwich bagel.

Any of you experience this?

When I have to workout in the mornings (I usually worked out in the afternoons, but that is changing now) I take 10g of BCAA before going to workout, and that is all I take.

Even after workout I won't take anything until a few hours later when I prepare my meal(s).

Never really had a problem with fatigue. The problem is I am not used to working out early in the morning so my performance is also affected by how well I slept the night before.

Lifter's Lounge - AntiTrace - 09-25-2014

My legs are sore from squats yesterday, I love feeling sore.

Downside: I have to box tonight, I'm going to be hurting tomorrow

Lifter's Lounge - Stun - 09-25-2014

Quote: (09-22-2014 06:49 PM)Stun Wrote:  

Just started Stronglifts 5x5 today, I'm gonna try it for a while and see if it works.

Day 1:
Squat: 5 sets 225x5
Bench: 5 sets 185x5
Barbell Row: 5 sets 90x5

^This was pretty easy so I added 205x5, 205x3, and 225x3, 225x2, 225x2 on bench. Also added incline barbell bench, incline plate loaded press, and barbell curls.

As I add weight in 5x5, I will begin to weed out these other sets.

So turns out I bit a little more off than I can chew. Squatting 5x5 @ 225 three times a week is a bitch. I am going to dial it down to 185 and gradually build up.

Stronglifts guy recommends starting at 50% of your 5RM max, and I think my 5RM max on squat is probably around 315 or a bit more.

Lifter's Lounge - scotian - 09-26-2014

Quote: (09-22-2014 11:01 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2014 12:40 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Any of you guys wake up and workout on an empty stomach ?

Maybe a bit of protein shake, preworkout, pump, and creatine ?

I life in the evenings, but I worked out at 6am this morning.

I think the pre workout fucked my eating schedule. I feel sort of nauses and only had a breakast sandwich bagel.

Any of you experience this?

When I have to workout in the mornings (I usually worked out in the afternoons, but that is changing now) I take 10g of BCAA before going to workout, and that is all I take.

Even after workout I won't take anything until a few hours later when I prepare my meal(s).

Never really had a problem with fatigue. The problem is I am not used to working out early in the morning so my performance is also affected by how well I slept the night before.

I've been working out in the mornings before work, I"m up at 4:30 and at the gym lifting by 5:30, no food at all just two scoops of BCAA's (14 grams total) that I drink before and during my workout. I just started 5X5 a month ago and its going well, getting stronger and am noticeably losing fat around my stomach which is what I was aiming for. It took me awhile to start squatting and dead lifting heavy as I wasn't sure about my form and didn't want to throw my back out (I have a history of back injury) which would really fuck me at work, fortunately a fellow RVF member was able to teach me proper form at a gym.

Can you guys recommend a good weight lifting belt to use, I"m still cautious about my back and want to take all the precautions that I can.

Lifter's Lounge - Oz. - 09-26-2014

Recently started doing full body workouts due to lack of time mainly, but I also wanted to try them out for a while now. Must say I have seen great improvement all around, including my lifting, sleeping and appetite. I usually have to crawl out of the gym after each session. If anyone is interested I am currently doing Steve Reeves routine which looks like this:

Monday:
Military Press
Bench Press
Bent-over Row
Barbell Curl
Triceps Extension
Parallel Squat
Standing Calf Raise
Deadlift
Crunch

Wednesday:
Alternating Dumbbell Military Press
Parallel Bar Dip
Pull-up
Alternating Dumbbell Curl
Triceps Extension Bench Press
Front Squat
Seated Calf Raise
Back Raise
Hanging Leg-raise

Friday:
Upright Row
Incline Press
One-arm Dumbbell Row
Concentration Curl
Lying Triceps Extension
Dumbbell Lunge
Standing Calf Raise
Deadlift
Sit-up

Here is the link to the article which elaborates more on this and Steves working out habits, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler109.htm

Lifter's Lounge - kosko - 09-26-2014

This has been a game changer for cooking food for me:

[Image: hp32w.jpg]

So easy and simple I have no idea why I have never used one of these before. It grills pork and turkey cutlets crazy fast, make turkey burgers on it, sear chicken legs prior to roasting them, etc. I grill eggplant and veggies on this bitch real quick and now have it almost daily with rice and some chick pea stew. It also does a good job of keeping the grease off your food for the most part. Sometimes to much water in the meat can drown the pan but a simple drain while its half way done solves that, or just take a wad of paper towel to soak up the excess water/grease.

I don't have good enough ventilation to try a steak on this thing so maybe that will come when its colder and I can crank open all my windows and doors open to get good air circulation.

Making my weekly meal preps now is way faster. Before I used to use a oven (still do) but now I just roast sweet potatoes while I have to pans going with proteins, with the rice in the rice cooker, lastly with veggies steaming on the last burner or in the microwave.

Another game changer has been ditching tin foil and using parchment paper to grill meats and vegetables, way more easy to clean up then tin foil which can scorch meat and veggies to the bottom.

Lifter's Lounge - Cr33pin - 09-29-2014

If I do more cardio will I be able to lift heavy longer? I have been slacking on cardio ever since I jacked my finger up in BJJ. Now I feel like I burn out pretty fast during my work outs.

Whats do you guys think about serious cardio as part of your bodybuilding routine?

Lifter's Lounge - Ensam - 09-29-2014

Quote: (09-29-2014 06:52 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

If I do more cardio will I be able to lift heavy longer? I have been slacking on cardio ever since I jacked my finger up in BJJ. Now I feel like I burn out pretty fast during my work outs.

Whats do you guys think about serious cardio as part of your bodybuilding routine?

Yes, cardiovascular endurance is important. However, it's endurance under load that matters. I do prowler high-lows and sled drags a few times a week. Also if you do a high rep day focus on pushing the weights fast (provided you don't lose form). A set of 12 squats at 50% one rep max will let you know where your endurance is.

Lifter's Lounge - Stun - 09-30-2014

I am very impressed with Stronglifts 5x5 now.

I'm doing 5x5 190 on bench now, 95 on OHP, 190 on squat, 225 on DL and 100 on barbell rows.

Supplementing with some additional exercises, 205 x 8, 225 x 7 on flat bench, the plate loaded incline press, incline barbell and decline barbell and also some lat rowing workouts.

In just a week and a half, I've lost the puffy bodybuilder look and gotten a bit more sculpted. Grown into more of a V shape. Squats 3 times a week makes me feel like a bad mofo.

Lifter's Lounge - RexImperator - 09-30-2014

^^^ Were those in kilos? (Serious question)

Lifter's Lounge - redbeard - 09-30-2014

Let's do a quick discussion....

CARDIO

before or after lifting weights?

I flip flop beliefs pretty constantly. It really depends on how my body feels that day.

^ No lbs, bench press of 190kg 5 times for 5 sets with one minute rest would be professional body builder stats.

Lifter's Lounge - scotian - 09-30-2014

Quote: (09-30-2014 05:02 PM)Stun Wrote:  

I am very impressed with Stronglifts 5x5 now.

I'm doing 5x5 190 on bench now, 95 on OHP, 190 on squat, 225 on DL and 100 on barbell rows.

Supplementing with some additional exercises, 205 x 8, 225 x 7 on flat bench, the plate loaded incline press, incline barbell and decline barbell and also some lat rowing workouts.

In just a week and a half, I've lost the puffy bodybuilder look and gotten a bit more sculpted. Grown into more of a V shape. Squats 3 times a week makes me feel like a bad mofo.

I find that I"m not really sore at all the day after doing the Strong Lifts but haven't supplemented other exercises as I'm trying to stick with the program to a tee, is that why you're doing other exercises, you feel the 5X5 isn't enough?

Quote: (09-30-2014 07:50 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I find that I"m not really sore at all the day after doing the Strong Lifts but haven't supplemented other exercises as I'm trying to stick with the program to a tee, is that why you're doing other exercises, you feel the 5X5 isn't enough?

I wouldn't say it was soreness but rather the amount of energy expended as compared to my previous workout. I had a very chest isolation heavy and back iso heavy regimen before, and I didn't want to drop off too much. Now, as the SL lifts get heavier and heavier, I will gradually remove the other stuff. I'll still probably always do incline bench though, because it's difficult and I like the challenge.

Lifter's Lounge - kbell - 10-01-2014

Sometimes I almost psyche myself out of lifting weights. I felt I couldn't lift my current normal max squat of 245 at full parallel, but did it fine for 5 reps. And than after that did a 135 squat for 5 reps with my legs together and bit bellow parallel depth. I felt more powerful on the push up with the close stance, but less balance. I usually squat almost with a wide stance, not quite sumo. No pains either so performer better than my mind led me to believe. I might be read for front squats. My goal with them is to reach the ass to grass depth, basically my ass going under the ground. Well close to it...

I had to wait for awhile for the squat rack to be available so I stretched near it until it was ready. Perhaps that helped.

Lifter's Lounge - kbell - 10-03-2014

I dropped a 45 lb plate on my foot about 12" in the air. I'm going to see about getting it x-rayed this weekend. I'm usually so careful about weights, but lost my grip on the plate when putting it away. Next time I will sumo squat.

Lifter's Lounge - Beyond Borders - 10-04-2014

Enjoy.

Lifter's Lounge - Chaos - 10-04-2014

^
[Image: mindblown3.gif]

I see Beyond Borders that you are having your girl doing these exercises every morning!

But, where is she from?
She has a Eastern European accent but I can't put my finger on which country?

Lifter's Lounge - Ensam - 10-04-2014

Irritated my sciatic nerve last night. Wasn't a particularly heavy workout but I think I did too much volume on squats and started losing form in the hole. Lower back tightened up and eventually the cramping spread down my leg. Fun times.

Anybody have any tips on how to prevent this (besides being a stickler for form)?

Lifter's Lounge - Saweeep - 10-04-2014

Quote: (10-04-2014 10:41 AM)Ensam Wrote:  

Irritated my sciatic nerve last night. Wasn't a particularly heavy workout but I think I did too much volume on squats and started losing form in the hole. Lower back tightened up and eventually the cramping spread down my leg. Fun times.

Anybody have any tips on how to prevent this (besides being a stickler for form)?

I think most weightlifting injuries are ultimately caused by us men being idiots and trying to push on through discomfort instead of stopping the moment our bodies start to give us warning signs.

Lifter's Lounge - Ensam - 10-04-2014

Yup - I've learned my lesson there. I walked away as soon as I felt the cramp coming on.

My goal is lifetime fitness - not short term results and a lifelong injury.

Lifter's Lounge - Bear Z - 10-05-2014

Sup Roosh forum brahs! Glad to see there's a Lifter's section here, been making a few gains myself. Just got onto the forum today!

[Image: lJQg2s6.jpg]

[Image: tsa6mvF.png]

Started lifting seriously/consistently around the end of March/Beginning of April this year, been making some unreal progress. Going to go and try to compete next year since things are going so well, pretty sure I have the genetics. Eventually gonna start a Youtube Channel, and already slowly building followers on IG

For anyone curious I use this routine off of Bb.com , http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...=149807833 Works like a beauty since it hits everything twice a week