Roosh V Forum
The Russia Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Russia Thread (/thread-35879.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Russia Thread - Pilgrim37 - 05-23-2014

Get your Russian language booster for a month and then skip town to somewhere more fruitful..
If you can handle the accommodation cost issue it's got to be St Pete or Moscow surely ;if you want to meet a plethora of hot girls that have arrived from all over Russia.
No point remaining in a place if it's boring the cock off you!

The Russia Thread - DaveR - 05-23-2014

Quote: (05-23-2014 09:07 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Me: "у тебя есть парен?" (Do you have a boyfriend?)
That question can be a double-edged sword... Russian girls are often "searching for a better deal." So, asking if they have a boyfriend is a quick way to eliminate the ones who do, but it also destroys your chances them to cheat. They feel like sluts if you know they already have boyfriends, but if it's a secret then everything is fine.

The way I handle the situation is by getting their family name. Obviously you can't ask directly, so you'll have to have a reason as to why you're asking. What I usually do is explain that people often mistake me for a Ukrainian, because of my family name. Then I explain that it's actually English and sounds Ukrainian only by coincidence (in your case - let her know that you're half Armenian, because it's a DHV). At that point, her guard will be down, so I ask what her family name means.

With her family name, you can find her on VK, and from there you can probably figure out her relationship status. That way it isn't an all-or-nothing proposition and you can tailor your game based on how much effort you think she is worth.

The Russia Thread - Christian McQueen - 05-23-2014

"I have to ask in day approaches, because if I don't, it gets revealed on the first date when I try to escalate."

So they will go on a 'date' with you even though they have a bf? Then you find out?

The Russia Thread - DaveR - 05-23-2014

Quote: (05-23-2014 06:15 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

"I have to ask in day approaches, because if I don't, it gets revealed on the first date when I try to escalate."

So they will go on a 'date' with you even though they have a bf? Then you find out?

Whether or not they have a boyfriend is pretty much irrelevant for most girls. If she thinks you might be a better deal than her current boyfriend, she'll go on a date with you. Relationships usually aren't considered serious in Russia. If they're serious, they'll very soon get married, even at 20 years of age.

The Russia Thread - Chaos - 05-24-2014

^ DaveR is on something here.

This happened to me. First I was unaware that she had a boyfriend. ( I didn't ask)
She behaved like she was single. ( keeping doors open)
Later I found out that she had a guy but he was currently out of town.

Out of curiousity I asked her why she cheated on her boyfriend.
"He's not here right now, and it's his choice. And now when I met you, I don't want to be with him anymore."

The saying goes that the best way to judge a girl is to look on her past behaviour.
With this in my head I could never trust this girl.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-24-2014

Quote:Quote:

That question can be a double-edged sword... Russian girls are often "searching for a better deal."

I ask because it's a time-saver. Though I admit it's a notch degrader. For example, I'll waste time on 9 girls who have a bf, but then get in a bang on the 10th. If I ask, I don't get the bang, but save time on all 10 girls. So I have to ask myself what I value more: time or pussy.

Though I'll try not asking for a week and see what happens. If these girls are prone to cheat, maybe I won't waste that much time. I'll leave it up to her to tell me.

Yes happened last week. I did get a little kiss, but then could not get a 2nd date. I should have been more persistent in sealing it on the date so she can rationalize that it wasn't pre-planned.

The Russia Thread - simondice - 05-24-2014

Have you ran into mixed types of russian, like russian-asian? if so, are they different game-wise?

The Russia Thread - Eddie Morra - 05-24-2014

Quote: (05-24-2014 02:04 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

That question can be a double-edged sword... Russian girls are often "searching for a better deal."

I ask because it's a time-saver. Though I admit it's a notch degrader. For example, I'll waste time on 9 girls who have a bf, but then get in a bang on the 10th. If I ask, I don't get the bang, but save time on all 10 girls. So I have to ask myself what I value more: time or pussy.

Though I'll try not asking for a week and see what happens. If these girls are prone to cheat, maybe I won't waste that much time. I'll let it up to her to tell me.

Yes happened last week. I did get a little kiss, but then could not get a 2nd date. I should have been more persistent in sealing it on the date.

Funny, one of the first common quotes I had heard about Russian players is that when they approach a woman and the woman replies " I have a boyfriend/husband" the next question he normally asks is "he does go to work, doesn't he?". I'm sure you can guess the implication.....Unlike western women who may take offense at such an assumption the Russian/Ukrainian woman takes it more as a compliment, how you escalate this is up to you....

Also, I've never met so people who cheat on their spouses. It's almost expected from any man of means. I have rarely met a man of means in this part of the world who either didn't sponsor someone or have some on the side...My ex-girlfriend once even told me "if you cheat, I just don't want to know about it"......This is the mentality of many, if not most people in this part of the world.....

The Russia Thread - Antipodean - 05-24-2014

... "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I never say this, but instead ask "Are you single?"
A yes or no answer is pretty clear.
If she hesitates to answer, then say "I'll take that as a yes".

This says all the right things, making it clear that you have sexual or romantic intent.

Of course, I only use it in English. Not sure how the subtleties will translate.

The Russia Thread - Akula - 05-24-2014

Quote: (05-24-2014 02:21 AM)Eddie Morra Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2014 02:04 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Though I'll try not asking for a week and see what happens. If these girls are prone to cheat, maybe I won't waste that much time. I'll let it up to her to tell me.

Yes happened last week. I did get a little kiss, but then could not get a 2nd date. I should have been more persistent in sealing it on the date.

Funny, one of the first common quotes I had heard about Russian players is that when they approach a woman and the woman replies " I have a boyfriend/husband" the next question he normally asks is "he does go to work, doesn't he?". I'm sure you can guess the implication.....Unlike western women who may take offense at such an assumption the Russian/Ukrainian woman takes it more as a compliment, how you escalate this is up to you....

Also, I've never met so people who cheat on their spouses. It's almost expected from any man of means. I have rarely met a man of means in this part of the world who either didn't sponsor someone or have some on the side...My ex-girlfriend once even told me "if you cheat, I just don't want to know about it"......This is the mentality of many, if not most people in this part of the world.....

^^^ this is so true. I just assume they all have some dude in the mix but since they are at least interested enough in me to give out a number they are willing to move on (to me) or get together. I basically don't even ask anymore bc I don't really want to know anyway.

Russian women were always asking me why I wasn't married as well (bc I am over 40 - reality is that in Russia if you're single and over 25 it's considered weird) and I think at least 50% of the time they didn't believe me but carried on with the 'relationship' anyway.

Also, looking back 'spinning plates' has a bit of a different meaning there. Very seldom did a girl stay in my rotation for more than a few months unless I kept upping the ante and at least looked like I was either serious or willing to spend money on them / take them on trips (i.e. there was some sort of 'endgame' for them). A lot of girls seemed to lose interest rather quickly after a few months or 'disappear' for weeks on end when things started stagnating a bit - usually around the holidays. Obviously they had met some guy who was taking them abroad and thus a 'better catch' / more serious than I was I guess. This must have happened like 10x.

Furthermore, since Russia has a lot of long holiday periods (notably around New Years (Novy God) and during the first 2 weeks in May when people go away for long periods of time) the above seemed to always be on the cards on some level. Especially for girls I just met or even b@nged once or twice that seemed to be great prospects but always seemed to disappear after a long holiday period (Roosh wrote about this once - for me it was very true - it's compounded by the fact that there are a lot of holidays in Russia, and many western holidays aren't celebrated over there, so it also was my holiday schedule as much as theirs).

The Russia Thread - SeanBateman - 05-24-2014

Quote: (05-22-2014 07:11 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

It is big ball game unlimited.

Well said. It sounds like being an overall badass dude (which mostly means money) and letting it speak for itself is the game there, instead of clever/cocky American clown game.

The Russia Thread - Don Juan Tenorio - 05-24-2014

Quote: (05-23-2014 05:56 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2014 09:07 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Me: "у тебя есть парен?" (Do you have a boyfriend?)
That question can be a double-edged sword... Russian girls are often "searching for a better deal." So, asking if they have a boyfriend is a quick way to eliminate the ones who do, but it also destroys your chances them to cheat. They feel like sluts if you know they already have boyfriends, but if it's a secret then everything is fine.

The way I handle the situation is by getting their family name. Obviously you can't ask directly, so you'll have to have a reason as to why you're asking. What I usually do is explain that people often mistake me for a Ukrainian, because of my family name. Then I explain that it's actually English and sounds Ukrainian only by coincidence (in your case - let her know that you're half Armenian, because it's a DHV). At that point, her guard will be down, so I ask what her family name means.

With her family name, you can find her on VK, and from there you can probably figure out her relationship status. That way it isn't an all-or-nothing proposition and you can tailor your game based on how much effort you think she is worth.

From my own personal experience I've observed in Russian girls a trend to change for better in cycles of 3, 4 or 5 years. If being the Russian work market so dinamic leads them to a pursuit of a better paid job in other companies I don't see why this can't apply to personal life.

For example a girl starts a relationship with some guy at her 15... being free when she is 18/20, to start a new relationship just to break up again when she is 23/25 and on and on until she hits the wall or find a man that finally match her (often much more realistic than those of western girls) expectations.

On the other hand I don't game girls who have a boyfriend, being very jealous myself and having plenty of girls out there, I see no need to interfer in another man's business. Even if it were it's not a wise move considering Roosh is in another country, alone and without a social circle; not knowing who the girl's boyfriend or his friends are and the consequences gaming her might bring upon you.

The Russia Thread - draguer - 05-25-2014

Guys who have spent time on the ground, how common are girls of this quality?

http://russianselfies.tumblr.com/

The Russia Thread - Road_Less_Taken - 05-25-2014

Quote: (05-25-2014 12:22 AM)draguer Wrote:  

WOW...Looks like Im taking up Russian

The Russia Thread - Ardbeg - 05-25-2014

Quote: (05-25-2014 12:22 AM)draguer Wrote:  

The girls in those pictures are definitely hot. But it seems like the same 5 women over, and over, and over again. Not a very large sample size.

The Russia Thread - Constitution45 - 05-25-2014

Moving from Russia in two days [Image: sad.gif]

On the whole it is a different culture here, the women here are very "red pill". They see you as an investment, and don't give it away too easily. Relationships seem to form more organically however, you will be kissing and holding hands on the second date, but will be waiting until the 10th date to have sex. They are very pragmatic and hypergamous, like most women but they are smart with it. They will try to initially entice you by being sweet and "wifey".
Im not sure who said, that relationships aren't taken seriously here, from what i've seen they will anchor you down and batter away any woman who is near you with jealousy, on the third week of being together.

Again this is coming from my experience and I am used to Moscow girls, most likely very different depending on where else in the country you go to.

The Russia Thread - sportbilly - 05-25-2014

I would say the girls in the link are certainly not very common in a provincial city, like where I am. In fact I would say girls like that are not common anywhere in Russia......sure in Moscow you can find those type of girls, but in % terms they will be a very very small portion of girls.

Not sure about everybody else in Russia, but where I am it has been 30'c (or not far off it), every day for at least 10 days......too much for me...

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-25-2014

I was in the cafe when two girls were seated next to me. I usually don't approach pairs, but the setup was good so I asked them a question I had about Russian. They were receptive and we talked for about 20 minutes or so when one girl announced that I had already approached her during the day. I honestly did not remember her. Then the second girl said, "Yeah and you approached me in the club two weeks ago."

[Image: ohshit.gif]

[Image: laugh5.gif]

I swear I do not remember these girls at all. I usually have a pretty good memory of faces but the Russian vodka maybe is getting to me. Nonetheless, they were cool about it and we all had a good laugh. In a small city, having an indirect game is advantageous because you can play off these kinds of conflicts. It helps that Americans are widely known for being friendly and chatty. Within a month, however, I expect to see a diminishing pool of targets, reminding me of how it was in Reykjavik when I started running out of girls to approach in the club. This tells me that a city under 1 million is not a good choice for me.

And here's another example of the availability issue:

I'm doing my 'one approach a day' routine and on Sunday this is tough because the city is so dead. After walking around for 15 minutes I found a girl waiting for the bus. She was just okay---a bit too hipster for my taste, but she was literally the best option on the street at the time and I wanted to do my approach and be done with it.

I approached asking for the best cafe in the city. Her response was to walk me there. So far so good, right? We talked in Russian for about 10 minutes until it was obvious her English was very good. So we moved to English and we had a nice chat where she asked me a lot of questions. Anywhere else, I would interpret the interest as very strong, likely leading to some type of intimacy.

At the end of the walk, when we arrived at the cafe, I realized that I didn't want to have a coffee with her, so it was time to say goodbye. She then pretty much initiated the number exchange, and as a throwaway comment (for my own data collection purposes), I said, "You don't have a husband, right?"

"No, but I have a boyfriend."

Two weeks ago I would have thought such an encounter (a girl insta-dating me and initiating number exchange) was a solid lead, but now I know better. To get her in bed would be a slow roll game over an extended period of time, but that is not ideal for me based on a faster speed I can get in other countries. I know I was complaining about Poland recently, but Russia reminds me that Poland has a good---though not perfect---combination of sex speed and beauty. Russia has the beauty, but the sex speed is chafing me.

The Russia Thread - Big Nilla - 05-25-2014

Roosh, what about finding 1-2 cool girls and 1 guy that don't know each other and infiltrating each of their 2-3 social circles so you can get a solid base and rooted into a city? Maybe not in this current city, but the next city you plan on staying at for a while. Just not your style and takes too long?

The Russia Thread - Lucky Luke - 05-25-2014

I definitely thing you should move on to a bigger city. Even if the city you're in has a million people, by Russian standards is a small town, and (young) people mostly know each other. Get out of there soon and choose a bigger place. It doesn't make much sense wasting more time in a place that is obviously not delivering results.

The Russia Thread - turkishcandy - 05-25-2014

Quote: (05-25-2014 10:13 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I was in the cafe when two girls were seated next to me. I usually don't approach pairs, but the setup was good so I asked them a question I had about Russian. They were receptive and we talked for about 20 minutes or so when one girl announced that I had already approached her during the day. I honestly did not remember her. Then the second girl said, "Yeah and you approached me in the club two weeks ago."

Hilarious. Maybe you can turn this into an advantage, run a small celebrity game.
-Hey, have you slept with that mysterious bearded American guy?
-No, not yet :/ Have you?
- No but I want to. Everybody is talking about him. I hear he's a good lover, and gives you your cab fare too.

The Russia Thread - Krivo - 05-25-2014

Roosh,

How developed is the public transit system in your current city? I was in Moscow last October and while the Metro is efficient and reliable (not to mention dirt cheap - 20 rides for 500 rubles = $15 USD), I had to know EXACTLY where I was going and exit each station in the right direction. Very few street signs and almost no crosswalks. Is it similar where you are? My Russian is non-existent beyond "hello", "goodbye", "thank you", and "Do you speak English". Obviously I could not ask for directions.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-26-2014

^^ I don't usually take public transportation.

The Russia Thread - Roosh - 05-26-2014

A question I wanted to field to guys who have been to Russia is on eye contact. Do you think eye contact before the approach is a good indicator of interest?

I'm starting to find that it is. Girls who are looking for men shop with their eyes. My best approaches have been done on girls who looked at me beforehand. Then again, I have gotten numbers from women who haven't, but this would be a good place to have strong 'eye contact game'. Being from the States, I trained myself not even to bother, since girls are stingy with EC, but that's not the case in Russia.

The Russia Thread - turuk - 05-26-2014

Quote: (05-26-2014 09:10 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

A question I wanted to field to guys who have been to Russia is on eye contact. Do you think eye contact before the approach is a good indicator of interest?

I'm starting to find that it is. Girls who are looking for men shop with their eyes. My best approaches have been done on girls who looked at me beforehand. Then again, I have gotten numbers from women who haven't, but this would be a good place to have strong 'eye contact game'. Being from the States, I trained myself not even to bother, since girls are stingy with EC, but that's not the case in Russia.
I don't think Russian women are different than other girls. They look at things they like. If she looks at you, you smile and she smiles back, it is a done business, if she looks away and doesn't look back at ya within 30 seconds, she isn't interested.